[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest flip.c
Just tried turbofly 3d and doesn't work whatever way the toggle widget is. The spaceship literally doesn't move an inch no matter how i tilt it.

Same problem with turbofly 3d, here too.

Guest juancaretta

Riptide GP is working just fine here, Downhill Bowling 2 as well. Did you check the Mouse Mode Widget too? It needs to be in game mode. Also check the rotation lock switch on the tablet (the sliding button).

Guest le_lutin
Riptide GP is working just fine here, Downhill Bowling 2 as well. Did you check the Mouse Mode Widget too? It needs to be in game mode. Also check the rotation lock switch on the tablet (the sliding button).

Does turbofly 3d work for you?

Guest gazmon2424

Checked both of them and still no joy, obviously not workin for some reason

***Update****

Just tryed downhill bowling 2 and that works fine so dont know if this is to do with the fact that im only using turbofly 3d demo version or certain games are not responding , havent tryed any others to be honest

Edited by gazmon2424

Guest premieral
Does turbofly 3d work for you?

turbofly 3d paid or free never worked for me on any rom even corvus5 with the accelerometer fix, but all teh other games mentioned did, however now that sp1 has been installed they mainly dont :D i have even wiped and flashed back to corvus5 without it and no good so now am back on cm7 and will test them later

edit

should say that turbofly3d works great with touch controls i meant it has never worked with tilt controls

Edited by premieral

Guest SWOriginal

Could anyone tell me whats better for day to day use. This or cyanogenmod7?. Would prefer to use 2.3 but unsure if flash is working correctly ( like in vegacomb)

Guest premieral
Could anyone tell me whats better for day to day use. This or cyanogenmod7?. Would prefer to use 2.3 but unsure if flash is working correctly ( like in vegacomb)

flash works fine and assuming you are savvy enough to install roms then it would be easier for you to back up and flash both so you can choose for yourself.

neither are perfect imho but cm7 is very very close and has some nice tablet tweaks, corvus5 is great too it is just personal taste as has been said a lot of times before :D

Guest dr0id

Awesome! Since sp1 my Vega has become rock solid. No lag, fcs, hanging or freezing for 2 days, using about 4 hours a day.

Hats off to newbe5 and Corvus. Fingers crossed vegacomb ends up this good. Incoming donation. :D

Guest le_lutin
flash works fine and assuming you are savvy enough to install roms then it would be easier for you to back up and flash both so you can choose for yourself.

neither are perfect imho but cm7 is very very close and has some nice tablet tweaks, corvus5 is great too it is just personal taste as has been said a lot of times before :D

To be honest, I found that CM7 is a better UI experience - I much prefer having the buttons on the bottom of the screen. However, the version I tried (25/05/11) did have a few issues with wifi dropping on screen sleep and general sluggishness when woken.

premieral, do you find cm7 to have the same preformance as corvus5?

I'm currently on corvus5 and liking the performance, but not the look and feel.

Guest dibbles

I too had similar feelings regarding the Corvus5 excellent ROM.

I then tried the Fuji ROM and I find that great and appealing to the eye, for me.

You might just want to try out the Honeycomb theme for this ROM. I hadn't noticed that before changing over to the Fuji one.

Guest le_lutin
I too had similar feelings regarding the Corvus5 excellent ROM.

I then tried the Fuji ROM and I find that great and appealing to the eye, for me.

You might just want to try out the Honeycomb theme for this ROM. I hadn't noticed that before changing over to the Fuji one.

You're right, the honeycomb theme does look better, but I also think the placement of the buttons in CM7 (at the bottom of the screen) is better.

Guest premieral
To be honest, I found that CM7 is a better UI experience - I much prefer having the buttons on the bottom of the screen. However, the version I tried (25/05/11) did have a few issues with wifi dropping on screen sleep and general sluggishness when woken.

premieral, do you find cm7 to have the same preformance as corvus5?

yes i do with everything but play back of my own recorded hd videos, cm7 cant do this at all whereas corvus5 has no probs with it. But then CM7 has geolocation which i want and corvus5 doesn`t so overall user experience i would say on balance they are the same, certainly i find them both fluid and smooth and i run a lot of widgets and have vtl launcher set to 3 screens all showing different background images and have no lag, so look is not an issue, however like you i would miss the bottom bar now i think.

Guest Yogimax
You're right, the honeycomb theme does look better, but I also think the placement of the buttons in CM7 (at the bottom of the screen) is better.

Just use a different launcher... I am using VTL launcher with the honeycomb theme and it's pretty good.

Once the next beta from Vegacomb comes out though, I will be straight back on there to play :D

Guest premieral
Once the next beta from Vegacomb comes out though, I will be straight back on there to play :D

Ain't it the truth :D

Guest ThomasAstor

Hi All

I decided last night to jump and install a ROM. Most of the help on here is for Window users. I use OSX Tiger so apps like AUDI and the rest is useless to me.

I started with Corvus5. I used Rom Manager and few minutes later it was up and running. I dont know why it took me so long to find this app :D

I just had to follow what the screen told me to.

Then, excited, I installed Fuji. The process had to be slightly different, as I could not see the dalvik cache, therefore I did a manual boot recovery install.

Worked well after few minutes.

After playing with it for a while to see how different it is from Corvus5, I then decided to have a go with Vegacomb.

Same process as Fuji. Installed quickly, but had to let it settle for a while as it was hardly responsive.

This morning it was running ok. I had many FQ for Maps, which I never used, and Gapps[?]. I dont know what is this from.

Nice Rom. Will wait to use it until running properly.

So I decided to go back to try Corvus5. I pressed the Power button and saw restart in recovery. Chose the option and waited to see my Vega reboot in Corvus5.

It did. Got 2 penguins twice and then the Corvus opening. But it stuck there. Powering down itself then restarting itself. 4-5 times. Then shut down completely.

I rebooted manually but it went back doing the same.

What can I do to have it working again?

Thanks

Guest MikhailM
To install a new keyboard, install the apk, and then in settings>language and keyboard, change to your keyboard. If doesnt show when you write, hold your finger over the text box until a menu shows and change input method.

Corvus.

Corvus,

First of all many thanks to you and Newbe5 for the wonderful work in creating this really good rom. Fast, stable, good to use.

Second, thank you for giving the above answer on how to switch keyboards. Been trying to find out everywhere how to do it and now I know. It is very good of both you and Newbe5 to answer questions and help less experienced users out.

Hope both of you and the others do not loose interest and carry on the develepment work!

MikhailM

Guest simonta
Hi All

I decided last night to jump and install a ROM. Most of the help on here is for Window users. I use OSX Tiger so apps like AUDI and the rest is useless to me.

I started with Corvus5. I used Rom Manager and few minutes later it was up and running. I dont know why it took me so long to find this app :D

I just had to follow what the screen told me to.

Then, excited, I installed Fuji. The process had to be slightly different, as I could not see the dalvik cache, therefore I did a manual boot recovery install.

Worked well after few minutes.

After playing with it for a while to see how different it is from Corvus5, I then decided to have a go with Vegacomb.

Same process as Fuji. Installed quickly, but had to let it settle for a while as it was hardly responsive.

This morning it was running ok. I had many FQ for Maps, which I never used, and Gapps[?]. I dont know what is this from.

Nice Rom. Will wait to use it until running properly.

So I decided to go back to try Corvus5. I pressed the Power button and saw restart in recovery. Chose the option and waited to see my Vega reboot in Corvus5.

It did. Got 2 penguins twice and then the Corvus opening. But it stuck there. Powering down itself then restarting itself. 4-5 times. Then shut down completely.

I rebooted manually but it went back doing the same.

What can I do to have it working again?

Thanks

Install it again, but this time do a full wipe including cache and Dalvik cache before install the ROM.

Guest ThomasAstor
Install it again, but this time do a full wipe including cache and Dalvik cache before install the ROM.

I would love to, but cannot by pass the opening sequence. It opens to the blue grid 5 and shut down, reboot to the grid and shut down.

I dont know how to get into the tablet itself.

Guest simonta
I would love to, but cannot by pass the opening sequence. It opens to the blue grid 5 and shut down, reboot to the grid and shut down.

Did you leave USB Debugging turned on? Do you know what ADB is?

If so, from a command prompt on your PC:

adb shell recovery_2

adb shell reboot

Guest ThomasAstor
Did you leave USB Debugging turned on? Do you know what ADB is?

If so, from a command prompt on your PC:

adb shell recovery_2

adb shell reboot

No Debugging was not on as I did not need it for the Rom Manager.

Guest Seb M

If it's still completely borked, find someone with a Windows box, and get the official Vega firmware updater thing (1.10 from myadventvega.co.uk) - this will completely reset it back to beginning :D

After that, you'll have to go through the whole hoopla of rooting etc but it's pretty much unbrickable because of the recovery :D

(p.s. I'm a Linux person - haven't needed to *boot* into Windows for anything in about 5 years; however, every now and again, something like this comes along and requires a working Windows install - and for that, VirtualBox with USB all setup and working is a godsend!)

Guest ThomasAstor
Well you've just installed so easiest fastest route is probably to install stock ROM followed by Corvus.

That where the problems start. I dont know anyone with a WindowPC.

I was hopping that I would get some bypass as the Corvus5 boots up to a point.

I was trying to boot into recovery the same way you did, but I cant see any results. Is it worth it to try?

1. With the charger unplugged, hold the power button down for 6 seconds.

2. Keep the back button held down and plug in the charger. Wait for the blue led to illuminate.

3. (from here, it's the normal recovery boot procedure). Hold the back button for 2 seconds.

4. Keep the back button held down and press the power button for 2 seconds.

5. Release the power button.

6. Hold the back button for further 2 seconds then release it. Voila!