Epic Honeycomb Crash/Failure

Guest mimminito

Guest mimminito

Hey,

Just thought I would post up my findings on Honeycomb and its stability.

Every now and then I get random FC's (Force Closes) on my EeePad. This is acceptable, its an early os blah blah, only happens every now and then, so im not too bothered.

Now, today, I just turned on the screen, and was greeted by an FC from an app which has never FC's on me! So I closed the dialog, and another FC came up. Closed that, and another came up! This happened for all of the apps that were running on my EeePad. Then the launcher FC'd, and was unable to restart without crashing. Basically honeycomb decided to fail on an epic proportion :)

This coudl just be a one off, but I thought I woudl let people know incase they get similar issues, and maybe this can be looked into by some of the smarter devs on this forum :)

Its to be noted this happened on the newly installed firmware from Asus.

Thanks

Adam

Guest my_big_feet
Now, today, I just turned on the screen, and was greeted by an FC from an app which has never FC's on me! So I closed the dialog, and another FC came up. Closed that, and another came up! This happened for all of the apps that were running on my EeePad. Then the launcher FC'd, and was unable to restart without crashing. Basically honeycomb decided to fail on an epic proportion :)

This coudl just be a one off, but I thought I woudl let people know incase they get similar issues, and maybe this can be looked into by some of the smarter devs on this forum :)

I've encountered the exact same issue on other Android devices, most notably my ex-girlfriend's Nexus One. Persisted after rebooting and made device largely useless. Seemed like the system was having issues reading the /data partition, and apps were crashing due to being unable to access their various databases and preferences settings.

Couldn't identify what went wrong or how to fix it and ended up having to perform a factory-reset.

Edited by my_big_feet

Guest mimminito
I've encountered the exact same issue on other Android devices, most notably my ex-girlfriend's Nexus One. Persisted after rebooting and made device largely useless. Seemed like the system was having issues reading the /data partition, and apps were crashing due to being unable to access their various databases and preferences settings.

Couldn't identify what went wrong or how to fix it and ended up having to perform a factory-reset.

That sucks! Luckily a reboot was fine for me!

Guest rj7855

deleting Dalvik cache usually is enough.

Guest my_big_feet
Fixing Permissions should fix that next time.

It wasn't/isn't rooted, so not an option.

Thankfully, it hasn't happened since the 2.3 update.