[Theme] GRID by newbe5

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5

Originally posted here in the competition forums, reposted here for shameless self-promotion (and not everyone looks in there! :)). If you like or use this theme, please remember to post comments in the competition forum as well as here! If you don't like or use it.... Shhhhhh :(

GRID-Stamp.png

OK, so for my second theme entry I have created an actual framework theme (status bar icons, custom boot animation, wallpaper etc). This theme replaces ALL statuis icons. Wifi, 3G (if you use it), battery etc etc. It also replaces most of the screen transition animations for nice, smooth swipe animations (and flyin animation for the popup menu's) that should look good with the rest of the theme. On top of this, there is also a shiny boot animation in keeping with the whole theme which installs with it :) (high res made for the Vega's larger screen). Everything has been created from scratch (I will attatch the source PSD files at the bottom of this post for those who wish to see how I did it, or want to edit something).

The core of this theme was created for my newly released ROM Corvus5 (created by myself and the very talented corvus) for the Advent Vega.

This is a modified version of that theme, which removes the Corvus5 logo and bootanimation, and replaces them with the standard GRID ones (again, created by me :huh:). This has been tweaked slightly to work on other ROMS. You should be able to install this on Modaco R8, Corvus 0.5 and possibly others (I have only tested these two though!).

The brand new and shiny boot animation made for GRID (installs with the theme!)

GRIDBoot.gif

This screenshot was taken on the Modaco R8 ROM running ADW.

GRID.png

BRAND NEW! Alternate colour schemes by popular demand!

Choose the GRID that suits you!

GRID Classic

GRID-ClassicStatusBar.png

GRID Red

GRID-RedStatusBar.png

GRID Orange

GRID-OrangeStatusBar.png

GRID White

GRID-WhiteStatusBar.png

Flash this zip in ClockworkMod ... Be aware that if you do this after using your rom for a while, it will wipe your google account settings (sorry, unavoidable!).

Edited by newbe5

Guest premieral
Originally posted here in the competition forums, reposted here for shameless self-promotion (and not everyone looks in there! :)). If you like or use this theme, please remember to post comments in the competition forum as well as here! If you don't like or use it.... Shhhhhh :(

GRID-Stamp.png

OK, so for my second theme entry I have created an actual framework theme (status bar icons, custom boot animation, wallpaper etc). This theme replaces ALL statuis icons. Wifi, 3G (if you use it), battery etc etc. It also replaces most of the screen transition animations for nice, smooth swipe animations (and flyin animation for the popup menu's) that should look good with the rest of the theme. Everything has been created from scratch (I will attatch the source PSD files at the bottom of this post for those who wish to see how I did it, or want to edit something).

The core of this theme was created for my newly released ROM Corvus5 (created by myself and the very talented corvus) for the Advent Vega.

This is a modified version of that theme, which removes the Corvus5 logo and bootanimation, and replaces them with the standard GRID ones (again, created by me :huh:). This has been tweaked slightly to work on other ROMS. You should be able to install this on Modaco R8, Corvus 0.5 and possibly others (I have only tested these two though!).

DOWNLOAD GRID AND FIGHT FOR THE USERS!

Flash this zip in ClockworkMod ... Be aware that if you do this after using your rom for a while, it will wipe your google account settings (sorry, unavoidable!).

This screenshot was taken on the Modaco R8 ROM running ADW.

GRID.png

Hi Zeb

apologies if this should be in your rom thread, however i changed the wallpaper from your new rom to see how they looked and then noticed that your Grid wallpaper isn`t actually in the wallpaper files? So i downloaded this file and ran it in clockwork mod as instructed and it says it all went fine but when i rebooted still no grid wallpaper?? any ideas what i am doing wrong?

many thanks

Al :)

Guest newbe5
Hi Zeb

apologies if this should be in your rom thread, however i changed the wallpaper from your new rom to see how they looked and then noticed that your Grid wallpaper isn`t actually in the wallpaper files? So i downloaded this file and ran it in clockwork mod as instructed and it says it all went fine but when i rebooted still no grid wallpaper?? any ideas what i am doing wrong?

many thanks

Al :)

The previous wallpaper will still be set since you didn't wipe data, give me a few mins and I'll set up a decent high-res version of the GRID wallpaper that you can put on your SD card and set seperately :)

Did flashing GRID change the bootup logo to the GRID one rather than the Corvus5 one?

EDIT:

Here ya go, I just shoved out a higher res version of the GRID wallpaper that you can apply separately if you want :( Download it HERE!

Edited by newbe5

Guest premieral
The previous wallpaper will still be set since you didn't wipe data, give me a few mins and I'll set up a decent high-res version of the GRID wallpaper that you can put on your SD card and set seperately :)

Did flashing GRID change the bootup logo to the GRID one rather than the Corvus5 one?

EDIT:

Here ya go, I just shoved out a higher res version of the GRID wallpaper that you can apply separately if you want :( Download it HERE!

Thanks mate, the boot anaimation was the grid flashing preceeded by the two penguins in the corner ( what is that all about? :) ) from when i flashed your brilliant rom :huh:

Guest newbe5
Thanks mate, the boot anaimation was the grid flashing preceeded by the two penguins in the corner ( what is that all about? :) ) from when i flashed your brilliant rom :(

There should actually be 2 different boot animations, one says Corvus5 (comes with the ROM) and one says GRID (comes with the separate theme).

EDIT: Added an animated gif to the main post showing the boot animation :)

Edited by newbe5

Guest premieral
There should actually be 2 different boot animations, one says Corvus5 (comes with the ROM) and one says GRID (comes with the separate theme).

EDIT: Added an animated gif to the main post showing the boot animation :)

dont think i ever saw 1 say corvus 5 but cant say i looked too hard, the boot animation i got when i first flashed i seem to remember looked very like the wallpaper you kindly posted here for me but flashing? :)

*******edit***********

just rebooted to check and i have a flashing neon grid but not the flashing background as in your animation above Zebwen, and i dont think i ever saw 1 that said corvus5 what does that look like , any gifs?

Edited by premieral

Guest newbe5

I have one somewhere, I'll have to find it! :) The backgrounds on both themes are different (although they are intentionally hard to read because of the type of lettering, you might have to look hard! :)). Have you got this all working now? If you look at the header image in this thread, and the header image in the Corvus5 thread side-by-side you will see the different lettering :(

Hope this is all working for you, glad people like the theme!

Zeb

Guest premieral
I have one somewhere, I'll have to find it! :) The backgrounds on both themes are different (although they are intentionally hard to read because of the type of lettering, you might have to look hard! :(). Have you got this all working now? If you look at the header image in this thread, and the header image in the Corvus5 thread side-by-side you will see the different lettering :huh:

Hope this is all working for you, glad people like the theme!

Zeb

works lovely Zeb, the Rom is amazing, the reason i missed the flashing grid is it is over so quick :) and then i just get the flashing grid.. but i have never been so pleased with any other ROM i have absolutely no niggles, no fc all runs beautifully smooth and fast, well done once again and thank you

regards

Al

Guest newbe5

BRAND NEW! Alternate colour schemes by popular demand!

Choose the GRID that suits you!

GRID Classic

GRID-ClassicStatusBar.png

GRID Red

GRID-RedStatusBar.png

GRID Orange

GRID-OrangeStatusBar.png

GRID White

GRID-WhiteStatusBar.png

Added links to the original post. Images above are mock-ups and not actual screenshots, so they may look a little low-rez in comparison to the actual themes once you install them. Please feel free to recommend more colour schemes and I will definitely consider them!

newbe5

Guest warriorscot

Very nice, like all of the new colour schemes.

What would be really cool if they could be changed in the rom to match a stat like battery life or time. It would be very nice if they could change colour as the battery drops like some of the live wallpapers. Definately going to load the red or orange one I think when I switch back to Corvus 5 I am on CM7 at the mo so next switch back ill have to do a wipe anyway so its convenient.

Guest Zebrahead

Wrt to creating themes,

Is it just framework.apk:res/drawable-hdpi/* that need altering?

Also, does framework.apk need to be resigned after changes?

Many thanks,

Zeb

Guest newbe5
Wrt to creating themes,

Is it just framework.apk:res/drawable-hdpi/* that need altering?

Also, does framework.apk need to be resigned after changes?

Many thanks,

Zeb

drawable-mdpi, you don't even really need to resign at all, you can just drop the images directly into the APK through 7zip or some other tool (it's not a particularly clean way of doing it, but it works!). Failing that you can always use apktool to decompile it completely and make your changes (which is what I do most of the time).

newbe5

Guest newbe5
Very nice, like all of the new colour schemes.

What would be really cool if they could be changed in the rom to match a stat like battery life or time. It would be very nice if they could change colour as the battery drops like some of the live wallpapers. Definately going to load the red or orange one I think when I switch back to Corvus 5 I am on CM7 at the mo so next switch back ill have to do a wipe anyway so its convenient.

I'm toying with the idea of making a theme manager theme that works with CM7 for each of the colours, once I have finished adding new colour schemes I may look in to doing this so you can switch easily on CM7. Also thought about adding the Theme manager into the next Corvus5 update, got a lot on right now, so not sure when I'll have time to do that though :mellow:

newbe5

Guest ViPaSoft

Thanks for these. I was looking for the original theme after I installed the Honeycombe theme and wanted to revert back.

By the way, I didn't have to re-enter my Google Account Settings.

Again, thanks...