Some noob questions from an old B7610 user

Guest Dario93

Guest Dario93

Hi guys! :)

I have been using B7610 for 2 years, but in October 2010 I switched to an Android Phone. Now,as a secondary phone, I will re-take my B7610 out of his soft-pouch and will power on it after a lot of time :huh:

I have some questions for you:

-First of all,I like Samsung Apps and Samsung interface. So,what ROM would you suggest?

-Shoud I use a 6.5.x or a 6.1 ROM?

Also, I saw this community is quite dead,and I'm so sad about it :) So,after developing for months for my Android phone,I decided to start cooking ROMs for my good old OmniaPro :)

- Do you suggest to cook on XP or Win7? I have two different machines with Win7/XP/Ubuntu/Mac so no problem about choosing the best OS :)

Thanks in advance for all your replies,I'm looking forward to them :(

Dario

Guest Gronostaj

I'm using Daskalos build 21679 Full ROM for quite a long time and it's really nice IMO. But I wonder how have you been using B7610 for 2 years, if it was released on October 2009? :)

Guest Dario93
I'm using Daskalos build 21679 Full ROM for quite a long time and it's really nice IMO. But I wonder how have you been using B7610 for 2 years, if it was released on October 2009? :)

Thanks for the tip :) Oh,my fault,I mean almost two years :( However I've never been too much active on this forum,I only opened one thread in 2010 xD

Guest sakisds

All applications except Samsung Widgets work much better and faster on 6.1 than on 6.5.x.

And about cooking, I do it exclusively in Windows 7 and I had no problems whatsoever. Some people suggest XP for such stuff but I don't see the point. XP's interface is ugly :).

Guest greenonion
All applications except Samsung Widgets work much better and faster on 6.1 than on 6.5.x.

And about cooking, I do it exclusively in Windows 7 and I had no problems whatsoever. Some people suggest XP for such stuff but I don't see the point. XP's interface is ugly :).

So you are saying you have the original B7610XXII6 WM version: WM6.1? So let me know where to DL it :)