issue mounting sd in clockworkmod

Guest doireabu

Guest doireabu

I got Corvus installed, not sure if this is the cause but in. Clockworkmod it says unable to mount

/dev/block/mmcblk3p1 or /dev/block/mmcblk0

Any idea??

Guest Zebrahead
Cheers no joy wth wipe. May backup card and reformat

Does your SD card have multiple partitions?

I believe CWM only checks maybe the first partition on the SD card (don't quote me on this).

If your "android" partition is not the first, it may not find it.

Good luck,

Zeb

Guest doireabu
Does your SD card have multiple partitions?

I believe CWM only checks maybe the first partition on the SD card (don't quote me on this).

If your "android" partition is not the first, it may not find it.

Good luck,

Zeb

Not sure, reformatted card from app on market.... still no joy

Guest Zebrahead
Not sure, reformatted card from app on market.... still no joy

I doubt that would fix it. As it's an app, only the partition with your android data is mounted and so only that will have been formatted. This means all of the partitions are probably in the same order that they were before and thus clockwork still cannot find it.

(You can think of it as CWM looking for the first half of your SD card, the data it is looking for is on the last half, and you only formatted the last half as that's all is mounted)

In order to move the partitions you'd have to manage the SD card as a whole using a PC.

Good luck,

Zeb

Guest doireabu
I doubt that would fix it. As it's an app, only the partition with your android data is mounted and so only that will have been formatted. This means all of the partitions are probably in the same order that they were before and thus clockwork still cannot find it.

(You can think of it as CWM looking for the first half of your SD card, the data it is looking for is on the last half, and you only formatted the last half as that's all is mounted)

In order to move the partitions you'd have to manage the SD card as a whole using a PC.

Good luck,

Zeb

thanks Zeb, ive gone into advanced and created partition this seems to have solved the problem..... i dunno what happened though because ive always been able to find stuff before and i dont think i have partitioned anything before.

in future how do i access this partitioned piece, does it show up on PC?

thanks again

Guest Zebrahead
thanks Zeb, ive gone into advanced and created partition this seems to have solved the problem..... i dunno what happened though because ive always been able to find stuff before and i dont think i have partitioned anything before.

in future how do i access this partitioned piece, does it show up on PC?

thanks again

All partitions should show up when you mount the SD card using a PC. Android should (I think), find it's partition no matter where it is on the SD card (although don't quote me on this one). CWM is hard coded to just find (the first? maybe?), that was the problem.

Zeb