New to the Android thing :D

Guest Stevonator

Guest Stevonator

Well I say I'm new I've been using Android 2.2 for about a year now. Just wanted to say hi, haven't got any experience with source so hopefully I can learn and contribute :) Seems like an awesome community anyway. So is it relatively easy modifying source. I can write Java. Is Android source easier or harder to configure?

Also!!! I will be buying a new Vega from currys and upgrading this account to Premium so I can flash it :) Hopefully I can mod it even further with your help. See you around !!

Stevonator :(

Guest rogmar
Well I say I'm new I've been using Android 2.2 for about a year now. Just wanted to say hi, haven't got any experience with source so hopefully I can learn and contribute :) Seems like an awesome community anyway. So is it relatively easy modifying source. I can write Java. Is Android source easier or harder to configure?

Also!!! I will be buying a new Vega from currys and upgrading this account to Premium so I can flash it :( Hopefully I can mod it even further with your help. See you around !!

Stevonator :huh:

Welcome :)

Guest simonta

Also!!! I will be buying a new Vega from currys and upgrading this account to Premium so I can flash it :( Hopefully I can mod it even further with your help. See you around !!

Stevonator :huh:

Welcome. Good to see you here with positivity and aspiration!

It depends what you define as "Android source". Android is loosely speaking a "software stack" of an operating system, middleware libraries for hardware devices, graphics, sound etc and key applications in Google Apps. Starting from the bottom, the kernel is modified Linux and built in C/C++, no high level langs like Java. The middleware is written in everything from native code, see the Android NDK - an example would be the accelerated nVidia graphics drivers, all the way up to high level languages like Java and C#. The key applications are Java using the Android SDK.

The kernel can be built in two ways, one using the Android Open Source Project the other using the source released by the device manufacturer including the mods and additions they've done to support their hardware. If you use AOSP, you need to take care of getting hold of the required drivers and modules and compiling them into your kernel.

So the answer to your question is, it depends!

Hope that helps rather than confuses...

Cheers

So the answer to your question is - it depends :)

Guest Stevonator
Welcome. Good to see you here with positivity and aspiration!

It depends what you define as "Android source". Android is loosely speaking a "software stack" of an operating system, middleware libraries for hardware devices, graphics, sound etc and key applications in Google Apps. Starting from the bottom, the kernel is modified Linux and built in C/C++, no high level langs like Java. The middleware is written in everything from native code, see the Android NDK - an example would be the accelerated nVidia graphics drivers, all the way up to high level languages like Java and C#. The key applications are Java using the Android SDK.

The kernel can be built in two ways, one using the Android Open Source Project the other using the source released by the device manufacturer including the mods and additions they've done to support their hardware. If you use AOSP, you need to take care of getting hold of the required drivers and modules and compiling them into your kernel.

So the answer to your question is, it depends!

Hope that helps rather than confuses...

Cheers

So the answer to your question is - it depends :)

Cool that does make sense :) Cheers.