Two Penguins

Guest Affableaardvark

Guest Affableaardvark

Hello Everyone

I was trying to update to corvus5 and now have a choice of two screens - using the Vega "back - power - back" buttons I get a black screen with two penguins in the top left corner. If I boot normally it is just a black screen.

The problem I have is getting into USB mode so that I can reload / fix as none of the choices above achieve that.

Have I broken it properly?

regards

Guest Zebrahead

The punguins are displayed when you're booting into ubuntu using the ubuntu kernel on the forum. Are you sure you didnt mix these up somehow?

Other than that, is the corvus5 img based of the linux kernel?

Either way, i'd just flash your original boot image, allowing you to boot as before.

Good luck, excuse typing,

Zeb

Guest mxbob
The punguins are displayed when you're booting into ubuntu using the ubuntu kernel on the forum. Are you sure you didnt mix these up somehow?

Either way, i'd just flash your original boot image, allowing you to boot as before.

Zeb

i get the two penguins when booting with the corvus rom

Guest Affableaardvark

Zeb

Thanks Zeb

It was running standard 1.09 but now I cannot get the USB connection between the vega and PC to re-flash - is there a way of doing it from the SD card?

Guest Zebrahead
Thanks Zeb

It was running standard 1.09 but now I cannot get the USB connection between the vega and PC to re-flash - is there a way of doing it from the SD card?

If you have a Cwm backup look for my thread on how to restore it, i made a tool not a week ago.

It's her and in the competition thread.

Good luck ^^

Zeb

Guest Affableaardvark
If you have a Cwm backup look for my thread on how to restore it, i made a tool not a week ago.

It's her and in the competition thread.

Good luck ^^

Zeb

Hello Zeb

Fixed it - The Tegra USB driver was dodgy (Windows 7 64bit) so uninstalled and re-booted and it found the tablet.

Installed Tegra 1.10 and back working.

Thank you for all your help!

Edited by Affableaardvark

Guest Zebrahead
Hello Zeb

Fixed it - The Tegra USB driver was dodgy (Windows 7 64bit) so uninstalled and re-booted and it found the tablet.

Installed Tegra 1.10 and back working.

Thank you for all your help!

No problem!

Have fun ^^,

Zeb

Guest GabrielFox
me too.

Used softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final.exe to get it back to stock, then the corvus rom on top.

Me too. How resolve o replace 2 penguins?

Guest chaosss

Guys,

Have read as many posts as possible on the subject but I am stuck here as well.

Have tried the following many times:

1) Install stock ROM

2) Use Advent Tools to install CWM

3) Perform the 3 wipe operations and install Corvus5 ROM from SDCard

4) Reboot when complete

I end up with the two penguins on the screen and nothing else. It just stays here. I can reflash the original image easily but I want to run Corvus5. Any hints?

The only thing I can think of is some problems with the ext2 partition on my SDCard. I spent ages re-formating and re-partitioning this and the only way I could get it to work was to do it in Windows. CWM still won't format the ext2 partition (says it not found) but at least I can install the update form the SD card now. Would this stop it booting?

Guys,

Have read as many posts as possible on the subject but I am stuck here as well.

Have tried the following many times:

1) Install stock ROM

2) Use Advent Tools to install CWM

3) Perform the 3 wipe operations and install Corvus5 ROM from SDCard

4) Reboot when complete

I end up with the two penguins on the screen and nothing else. It just stays here. I can reflash the original image easily but I want to run Corvus5. Any hints?

The only thing I can think of is some problems with the ext2 partition on my SDCard. I spent ages re-formating and re-partitioning this and the only way I could get it to work was to do it in Windows. CWM still won't format the ext2 partition (says it not found) but at least I can install the update form the SD card now. Would this stop it booting?

I have the exact problem as well including the ext2 partition which never worked for me for Link2sd.

Also tried the Fuji ROM after the Corvus but still doesn't work properly. Rebooting is always a hit and miss.

Only Paul's Modaco R8 ROM works perfectly. I read loads of posts and tried all suggestions but nothing seems to work.

I got my Advent Vega a week ago from Curry's so I'm thinking it might be the hardware of the new stock. Any more suggestions?

Guest chaosss
I have the exact problem as well including the ext2 partition which never worked for me for Link2sd.

Also tried the Fuji ROM after the Corvus but still doesn't work properly. Rebooting is always a hit and miss.

Only Paul's Modaco R8 ROM works perfectly. I read loads of posts and tried all suggestions but nothing seems to work.

I got my Advent Vega a week ago from Curry's so I'm thinking it might be the hardware of the new stock. Any more suggestions?

Exactly the same as me. New VEGA a week ago. Had the R8 ROM working perfectly but wanted to try Corvus.

Guest gadgetshop
Exactly the same as me. New VEGA a week ago. Had the R8 ROM working perfectly but wanted to try Corvus.

Bought mine last week, r8 and Corvus work ok, as for ext2 I backed up everything then formatted on PC then back in Vega and used cwm to partition and then copied everything back on to it

Guest JingleManSweep

The penguin is Tux, and usually one appears for each processor/core, so you get two on the Vega as it's dual core. This used to be quite common when booting earlier Linux distros, but most distros now silence the initial ramdisk (initrd) and kernel messages and cover it with a nice splash screen (plymouth etc.).