The android for B7610 collection thread

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest Da Phoenix
Try the update again.. You need to do the update for B7610 automatically and NOT through ubuntu :mellow:

I did the update with my Phone.

using Haret.exe and o2b3update.tar.gz

I only copied it to my storage using ubuntu (I tried to just copy it but it doesn't work)

Guest erikcas
I did the update with my Phone.

using Haret.exe and o2b3update.tar.gz

I only copied it to my storage using ubuntu (I tried to just copy it but it doesn't work)

Try this:

plug phone to ubuntu. Copy o2b3update to mystorage. Start gparted as root and unmount the partitions (rightclick on partitions, and unmount, do this for both partitions)

Then unplug phone (or change USB settings on B7610 from mass storage to active sync)

Now start haret.

Reason: If you don't unmount properley, it might be that the files you transferred to the partitions can't be read. They just don't seem to be there.

Another thing you can try, in ubuntu, cd to directory where you have downloaded your 02b3update. Now execute: sudo tar zxvf -C o2b3update.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Again, first unmount the partitions before unplugging the phone (or change UB settings on phone)

@ Ernst, maybe you can update this on your guide. It allways is safer to unmount partitions before unplugging. Consequently adding this to every step where you unplug the phone, could prevent users from problems and questions asked.

grtz Erik

Guest Da Phoenix
Try this:

plug phone to ubuntu. Copy o2b3update to mystorage. Start gparted as root and unmount the partitions (rightclick on partitions, and unmount, do this for both partitions)

Then unplug phone (or change USB settings on B7610 from mass storage to active sync)

Now start haret.

Reason: If you don't unmount properley, it might be that the files you transferred to the partitions can't be read. They just don't seem to be there.

Another thing you can try, in ubuntu, cd to directory where you have downloaded your 02b3update. Now execute: sudo tar zxvf -C o2b3update.tar.gz -C /media/disk

Again, first unmount the partitions before unplugging the phone (or change UB settings on phone)

@ Ernst, maybe you can update this on your guide. It allways is safer to unmount partitions before unplugging. Consequently adding this to every step where you unplug the phone, could prevent users from problems and questions asked.

grtz Erik

Thanks but still the same error.

Here is the complete code

Guest erikcas
Thanks but still the same error.

Here is the complete code

Miss the code.

Maybe try installing from step 1 from guide.

In every step in the guide where you have to unplug the phone after an action in ubuntu, unmount before unplugging.

I install according to this guide and unmount every time before unplugging. Works everytime.

In fact, just did so. Typing from browser in android now.

Grtz Erik

Guest Da Phoenix
Miss the code.

Maybe try installing from step 1 from guide.

In every step in the guide where you have to unplug the phone after an action in ubuntu, unmount before unplugging.

I install according to this guide and unmount every time before unplugging. Works everytime.

In fact, just did so. Typing from browser in android now.

Grtz Erik

My code is a few posts earlier (previous page)

Guest centodue
My code is a few posts earlier (previous page)

are you sure your partition is "disk" and not "disk_" ?

Creating partition in Ubuntu if you write "label = disk" the real label in the end of procedure is "disk_" (I don't know why)

In this case all the instructions to install in this partition must be:

sudo tar zxvf -C o2b3update.tar.gz -C /media/disk_

In every case ATTENTION for label used...in Ubuntu writing "D" is not the same of "d", so the label must be exactly as when partition is mounted.

you can check in the moment you connect the phone and partitions are mounted the "name" that appear in desktop

Guest Da Phoenix
are you sure your partition is "disk" and not "disk_" ?

Creating partition in Ubuntu if you write "label = disk" the real label in the end of procedure is "disk_" (I don't know why)

In this case all the instructions to install in this partition must be:

sudo tar zxvf -C o2b3update.tar.gz -C /media/disk_

In every case ATTENTION for label used...in Ubuntu writing "D" is not the same of "d", so the label must be exactly as when partition is mounted.

you can check in the moment you connect the phone and partitions are mounted the "name" that appear in desktop

I'm trying right now but it seems to be working.

If I look on my disk(disk_) I see actually files)

Guest centodue
I'm trying right now but it seems to be working.

If I look on my disk(disk_) I see actually files)

I can confirm to you that my installation procedure was fast (may be because i made it already many times for previous Enclair version)

I used the italian tutorial indicated in Post#895

May be you can use it. It is in italian but in PDF documents are presents all the images and commands to digit in ubuntu.

I used directly ubuntu PC to install all and formatting with Gparted, all the other steps were the same.

Guest Da Phoenix
I can confirm to you that my installation procedure was fast (may be because i made it already many times for previous Enclair version)

I used the italian tutorial indicated in Post#895

May be you can use it. It is in italian but in PDF documents are presents all the images and commands to digit in ubuntu.

I used directly ubuntu PC to install all and formatting with Gparted, all the other steps were the same.

Well it worked.

I can use Android

Except the SD Card and the Camera feature

Edit:

My SD Card is working Now.

I formatted like this

At first the Camera worked too.

But after a reboot the camera gives this error

proces.com.android.camera

post-798292-1304100861_thumb.png

Edited by Da Phoenix

Guest Jamievanm

Installed on SD.

Working fine.

Although, when changign the option to install not-market apps, you have to use the back button. And it seems to uncheck the box again. So I cant install any preloaded apk's.

Also I cannot find any home button?! At least not hardware.

Camera doesn't work.

But it all feels a bit more sturdy than 2.1. :mellow:

Guest robertas2004

Hi,

first of all, thanks for very nice tutorial, very usefull.

I install android mod (win) without any errors or problems, android is working perfectly fine. (gt-b7610)

But have a little question, how to remove android mod or revert to Win Mo 6.5, because I suppose now two OS are inside, so android is lagging sometimes, it makes me crazy :o :mellow: :D

Guest ydnarp
Hi,

first of all, thanks for very nice tutorial, very usefull.

I install android mod (win) without any errors or problems, android is working perfectly fine. (gt-b7610)

But have a little question, how to remove android mod or revert to Win Mo 6.5, because I suppose now two OS are inside, so android is lagging sometimes, it makes me crazy :o :mellow: :D

you can press and hold the end/power button when you're in android then select reboot..or if your android hangs, you can press the reset button, (the small button on top of the sleep/wake button...

btw, i'm still having prob with android increasing temp...is there a work around for this?

Guest Jamievanm
you can press and hold the end/power button when you're in android then select reboot..or if your android hangs, you can press the reset button, (the small button on top of the sleep/wake button...

btw, i'm still having prob with android increasing temp...is there a work around for this?

Must say the phone feels very warm sometimes. And mine freezes sometimes.

Guest imanehicham

i install it for the first time and the adroid works perfect on my B7610 ! and i had remove it but when i try to install it for the second time on My SD i keep Having Errors i Do know Waht to Do !! to have it again on my B7610 .... and the markt didn't work also and sorry for my Bad English

Guest ydnarp
i install it for the first time and the adroid works perfect on my B7610 ! and i had remove it but when i try to install it for the second time on My SD i keep Having Errors i Do know Waht to Do !! to have it again on my B7610 .... and the markt didn't work also and sorry for my Bad English

have you tried formatting your sd card? it happened to me when i tried to reinstall froyo..i think ErnstJanF has created a thread on this one..

anyways, let me try...

first you need to backup your sd card, then download minitool partition wizard, plug your phone, open mtpw then select the drive of your sd card, right click, select merge, then scroll all the way at the end of the partition (this way, the previously created partition of your first froyo installallation will be merge to your current windows partition), then apply...next thing you need to do is to format it using from your winmo...then run haret from o2beta folder...

hth... :mellow:

Guest imanehicham
have you tried formatting your sd card? it happened to me when i tried to reinstall froyo..i think ErnstJanF has created a thread on this one..

anyways, let me try...

first you need to backup your sd card, then download minitool partition wizard, plug your phone, open mtpw then select the drive of your sd card, right click, select merge, then scroll all the way at the end of the partition (this way, the previously created partition of your first froyo installallation will be merge to your current windows partition), then apply...next thing you need to do is to format it using from your winmo...then run haret from o2beta folder...

hth... :mellow:

Yes I Did that But it still the same error Message " CANT MOUNT INTERNAL FLASH !!!!!!! "

Guest neliznl

Heya :mellow:!

First of all thanks for the support!

Was wondering if u can host the update file for b7610 somewhere else seems the mirror on megaupload is down, atleast for me it is :D!

Thanx! if not, can u send it to my e-mail :o? [email protected]

thanx

Guest asdasd

Hi I'm the owner of samsung gt-b7620 and I have a problem with the calibration screen, the left and right side is pressed, the same was at android 2.1 Is there a solution to this problem

Guest robertas2004

Guest shaysus

I have one problem thus far. The clock on android (upper right corner) never keeps the right time(frozen), crazy enough when i press the clock app on home screen, the right time is displayed. Some body got any idea was causing this?

BTW

My experience with installing android is thatmy 8g sd card caused me allot of errors, in apps and on startup. My 2g sd card works fine, im running android now, and im pretty happy with it! Even gps works, didnt thought it would.. When wifi and b/t comes that would be awesome.

Guest centodue
I have one problem thus far. The clock on android (upper right corner) never keeps the right time(frozen), crazy enough when i press the clock app on home screen, the right time is displayed. Some body got any idea was causing this?

BTW

My experience with installing android is thatmy 8g sd card caused me allot of errors, in apps and on startup. My 2g sd card works fine, im running android now, and im pretty happy with it! Even gps works, didnt thought it would.. When wifi and b/t comes that would be awesome.

yes I confirm that is a problem since new Froyo. It was not present with previous Enclair version.

If you go in sleep and after some minute wake up it is refreshed but if you remain in wake up upper time is not updated continually but remain freeze to the wake up value.

About 8GB SD memory you should check if it has some hardware problem making some memory test . Maybe there is some faulty and it creates SOD.

Guest shaysus

Thanks for the reply centodue.. About the 8g card, i'm pretty happy with my 2 gig card so for now it;s good enough, plus i'm not that technical:P

Anyhows, about the time problem, it's pretty enoying. When i use twitter it can't get new tweets cause of the time problem (at least that is what i think) played with the time once and that solved the problem, but now i'm still having that problem of no new tweets :S

Guest Sugandh Mishra

i tried it on samsung b7620 GA and when launched haret.exe it showed a linux type boot screen and after a while it stopped at: kernal boot failed, unable to something something. What else i need to do? Please help. thnx

Edited by Sugandh Mishra