The android for B7610 collection thread

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest Jimmy Johnson

Hi people,

This is my method of installing Android on my B7610. I have already posted the same method somewhere in this site. This is for those people who are finding it hard to install android (if any).

----------------------------------------

No need to worry about partitioning.

I have B7610 and a 2GB card. what I did is put my 2GB card in the card reader, open minitool partition wizard and in your case if your card is already partitioned, right click the partition(s) delete it, Press apply. thats it, first part done.

put back you card in mobile it will ask format disk, click no. assuming you already have the froyo installation in your "My Storage" (by the way you can edit the EXT4 file using 7zip and add the 2d/3d drivers in the "lib" folder so no trouble later after installation you can jump directly to android) just in case you forget, copy and paste the "rev51" contents -zImage and o2b3update- into my storage. second part done.

get into usual procedure of installation. Click -My storage-O2beta-haret.exe- wait some time. the installation will automatically mount the "unpartitioned" SD card, make the desired partitions and install android. after phone restart just click My storage-haret.exe. wait 2 mins and get into android.

I have been doing this from the very first android release, frankly speaking this method i have never seen anybody mention, and it has worked for me always. Please try it and tell me the result. (make sure to backup your SD card before deleting partition). Phone contacts can be saved to SD card later through activesync to be later retrieved inside android.

Most of the things mentioned, probably you might already know.

Thanks for reading, bye.

Jijojamie.

Hi people,

This is my method of installing Android on my B7610. I have already posted the same method somewhere in this site. This is for those people who are finding it hard to install android (if any).

I have B7610 and a 2GB card. what I did is put my 2GB card in the card reader, open minitool partition wizard and in your case if your card is already partitioned, right click the partition(s) delete it, Press apply. thats it, first part done.

put back you card in mobile it will ask format disk, click no. assuming you already have the froyo installation in your "My Storage" (by the way you can edit the EXT4 file using 7zip and add the 2d/3d drivers in the "lib" folder so no trouble later after installation you can jump directly to android) just in case you forget, copy and paste the "rev51" contents -zImage and o2b3update- into my storage. second part done.

get into usual procedure of installation. Click -My storage-O2beta-haret.exe- wait some time. the installation will automatically mount the "unpartitioned" SD card, make the desired partitions and install android. after phone restart just click My storage-haret.exe. wait 2 mins and get into android.

I have been doing this from the very first android release, frankly speaking this method i have never seen anybody mention, and it has worked for me always. Please try it and tell me the result. (make sure to backup your SD card before deleting partition). Phone contacts can be saved to SD card later through activesync to be later retrieved inside android.

Thanks for reading, bye.

Jijojamie.

Thanks a lot for this guide. I've succeeded in installing a working Android on my phone again, thanks to this guide. It didn't work when I followed the guide in the first few topics of this thread. Also, with this guide, no need to boot a few times. It was very handy! Thanks again!

Guest Bounser

Hello,

Tried it again and it works.But i have two errors. First the SOD issue. What to do? And second i have an "Google service framework" error (proces com.google.process.gapps). Again what to do?

Keep up the good work.

greetings Bounser

A few hours later......it seems dat that is not a SOD just an delay the respons when i press a button. But i still got the framework error......

Edited by Bounser

Guest azusa

I am not expert to be frank, but I would like to share my installation experience of Android on my Omnia Pro B7610.

I have gone through many times of resetup encountering every time different issues from Messaging crash, to Google Framework error... and some times works only on the 1st boot.

At the moment, B7610 Android runs very stable and surprisingly the Time Update is working even I have not put in the Update script. I am not sure why but may related to the install of "Battery Circle" or "ClockSync" from Market Place.

Anyway I would recommend to install to SD Card as reason being, I put all my setup files for different steps in the "My Storage" and I can do many times resetup without having to reconnec to my PC again. Secondly, even if you damage the SD Card, it is replaceable.

Just put the necessary files in Step 1 to Step 3 accordingly, that way every time you want to do re-installation just copy the files from those folders respectively. Things to take note is that make sure your SD Card is formatted properly with FAT32.

I have selected Japanese as main language and install also TouchPal for Chinese Input as well as OpenWnn Plus for Japanese Input.

This are the applications that I installed and running perfectly and reasonably in speed:-

- Email: 2 Gmail Accounts Sync, 1 Lotus Traveler Mail Sync

- Interface: Added ADW Honeycomb Theme

- APNdroid: Install APNDROID to turn off Data connection when necessary

- Browser: Install Dophin Browser Lite for Internet surfing

- Map: Updated the GoogleMap and Tested working with GPS

- Japanese: Install Japanese Learning, News and Translation Application with sound pronounciation

- Files Sync: Install Dropbox and Sync the screenshots to my PC for sharing over Internet

- Call: Install CallLight to prevent call cutoff after screen go off

- Capture: Install DROCAP2 to perform Screen Capture (some screen capture apps cannot create DB, this one ok)

- Backup: Install App Backup Reinstall for application backup

- Others: Install DBS Internet Banking App

- File Manager: Install Linda Manager for file handling (Adao File Manager does not work well)

- Tool: SpeedTest and Android Status (The SpeedTest showed that I got 3G Speed and not GPRS)

CAP2011060517241.jpg

CAP2011060516031.jpg

CAP201106051831.jpg

CAP2011060521301-1.jpg

CAP201106051726.jpg

CAP201106051724.jpg

CAP201106051934-1.jpg

CAP201106051920.jpg

Edited by azusa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gabberz7
Hi people,

Thanks for reading, bye.

Jijojamie.

Hey there, I'm trying your method because i can't get the method posted on page 1 to work.

It goes alright untill i start the second Haret.exe.

It says: VFS cannot open root device mmcblk1p2 or unknown block 179,10.

please append to a correct "root=" boot option: here are the available partitions:

b300 2007040 mmcblk0:driver: mmcblk

b301 1 mmcblk0p1

b305 1992028 mmcblk0p5

b308 3872768 mmcblk1 driver: mmcblk

b309 1 mmcblk1p1

b30d 3872767 mmcblk1p5

Kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : Unable to mount root fs or unknown block 179,10.

and after a few more lines the code ends with:

6.189155 r5: 00000000 r4: 000000000

Can you help me with this?

Guest neckoni23

First, thanks for great tutorial! I instaled froyo on SD card and it works fine, but when I go to Suond and try to choose a ringtone error appears and option Force Close and I can not enter it? I think there are no sounds on my android at all so how can I Enable Sound?

Same thing happens with Camera - a message Force Close? Any Solution?

Guest hayabusagr

Hello

I would just like to ask one question before I try again the procedure.

By doing what the guide describes, the windows mobile installation is deleted from the phone or I can boot both windows mobile and android ?

And if there are still both in the phone, is there any way to choose which I prefer to boot each time (sth like a boot screen perhaps ? )

Thank you very much

Guest gabberz7
Hello

I would just like to ask one question before I try again the procedure.

By doing what the guide describes, the windows mobile installation is deleted from the phone or I can boot both windows mobile and android ?

And if there are still both in the phone, is there any way to choose which I prefer to boot each time (sth like a boot screen perhaps ? )

Thank you very much

Hey,

You can boot android next to windows mobile.

Windows mobile will not be deleted.

Greets :)

Guest hayabusagr

thanks for your quick reply.

Could you please explain how can I do this ?

(You mean that I can launch Android from WinMobile ?)

Guest Bounser
First, thanks for great tutorial! I instaled froyo on SD card and it works fine, but when I go to Suond and try to choose a ringtone error appears and option Force Close and I can not enter it? I think there are no sounds on my android at all so how can I Enable Sound?

Same thing happens with Camera - a message Force Close? Any Solution?

Yep same here. The phone only vibrates. Is there a solution?

Guest Isascaboy89

I've tried it on myb7610 and all works fine at the moment...i've made a dual boot with wm6.5 daskalos sense megalite rom and android....can i post this on another italian forum?

obviously i will say that is not my job and i will give all the credits

Anyway i've encoutered a little problem:

When i switch from android to wm6.5 the device deletes some message that i've received on the wm 6.5, andthe clock settings change every time...

If we exclude this it's a really good job!

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest Isascaboy89
could you please explain how you switch from android to winmobile ?

If yo're talking to me, you have to install genY dual boot, you can find on xda, and copy haret.exe,zimage and startup.txt to the root of the sd.

Guest Wirei

Hi,

I have a problem here.

I am able to:

- run the first haret.exe that will install Android on SD and then the system automatically reboots. (Up to step 4)

But when I copy the file (step 5) and run haret.exe (still step 5) it starts booting but it takes it nearly 15 minutes of "just showing text"

it actually writes:

[ ****.******] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at *****

******** (date time UTC)

where the "*" are numbers and the time is 3 hours late than on phone

...and then the screen goes just black. I tried waiting for another 15 minutes but the screen was still black so my only option was to do a soft reset.

I even tried formating my SD and I deleted all the files from My storage and then I tried the whole procedure again but with the exact same result.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks..

Edited by Wirei

Guest Isascaboy89
Hi,

I have a problem here.

I am able to:

- run the first haret.exe that will install Android on SD and then the system automatically reboots. (Up to step 4)

But when I copy the file (step 5) and run haret.exe (still step 5) it starts booting but it takes it nearly 15 minutes of "just showing text"

it actually writes:

[ ****.******] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at *****

******** (date time UTC)

where the "*" are numbers and the time is 3 hours late than on phone

...and then the screen goes just black. I tried waiting for another 15 minutes but the screen was still black so my only option was to do a soft reset.

I even tried formating my SD and I deleted all the files from My storage and then I tried the whole procedure again but with the exact same result.

Can anyone please help?Thanks..

i see that you'like me, have the b7610...have you done everything correct? like plug or unplug your phone when needed?

thank you very much for your reply

No problem

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest Wirei

Yes, I have followed the guide exactly and Ifailed twice.

I found another guide with older version here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-androi...nstall-android/

so I downloaded and tried installing that one. I was able to boot Android but then when I added the B7610 files the phere restarted itself everytime I tried booting.

Anyway, I tried to install this one again over the older one and right now I am stuck with "Welcome to GT- I8000 touch the android to begin" and the phone froze.

At least some progress :) seems I just have to keep trying...

Guest Isascaboy89
Yes, I have followed the guide exactly and Ifailed twice.

I found another guide with older version here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-androi...nstall-android/

so I downloaded and tried installing that one. I was able to boot Android but then when I added the B7610 files the phere restarted itself everytime I tried booting.

Anyway, I tried to install this one again over the older one and right now I am stuck with "Welcome to GT- I8000 touch the android to begin" and the phone froze.

At least some progress :) seems I just have to keep trying...

Try to use the version beta 1...it worked for me...and remember: first time run harte from the 02beta folder, the other times from the root of the mystorage

Two question for the developers: Does the bluetooth work on samsung b7610?How can i import my contacts on the android?

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest Wirei

Ok, so now i succesfully installed BETA1 and the B7610 drivers and I am able to go to the initial setup. But I get stuck at the screen saying "Slide keyboard open to continue" when I try to login to my Google account, it just does't do anything.

If I skip the login I get "android.process.acore was ended unexpetedly. Please repeat action" error everytime I do anything so I can't even unlock.

If I click the "End application" it just pops up again.

(sorry if it no longer belongs to this topic)

Edit: Somehow, don't know how because I didn't do anything new, it let me to the homescreen once.

Still would appreciate any help or info. And if anyone could tell me how to access (mount?) my SD in Adndroid I would be very grateful as well.

Edit2: And con you please tell me how do I exit a running app? For example Browser or Youtube? I can aonly go back using the W&L, but in browser it goes back one page. I need to close it.

EDIT3:

Okay, so I finally run the Beta1 quite good.

Still have two problems though.

1) At every startup it starts with Locked screen and when I unlock it shows me the initial setup with the Droid picture saying "Touch the droid to continue" and I have to SKIP it everytime which is really annoying. And if I try to sign in to my account it tells me to slide open the keyboard but it doesnt do anything when I do slide it open. I tried loging in through the youtube app and even tried to add the account in the settings. It shows me the account there and even lets me to choose content to sync but it still asks me to sign in on startup. I have seen a video on youtube where the Android works right after the unlock so there is probably something I am missing.

2) Is there a way to get files to the Android? The best would be to get the SD working but anything else would do.

Right now when I go to the File manager \mnt it shows a SD but it is empty.

I understand that the Android created 1GB partition so in Windows it shows me that the SD heve 2.6GB instead of 3.6GB and I can only add files to the 2.6GB partition which is FAT32. But the SD in the file manager is not this one and when I create folders on it I can't find them anywhere while running WM. Even somewhere in the seetings in Android I found an option to mount a SD but it is greyed out and reads "Insert a SD card before mount."

So is there a way how to enable the 2.6GB FAT32 partition to be recognized as a SD card in Android? Or is there any other way to do a file transfer?

and is it possible to somehow make the ext2 partition bigger? i.e. 2GB ext2 and 2GB FAT32 so I still can use the space in WM but also have more space in Android?

I will appreciate any help or information or any suggestion.

(sorry if it no longer belongs to this topic. just tell me where to ask and I will move it there)

Edited by Wirei

Guest Wirei

That happened to me too once or twice. Not exactly sure what the problem is but here is what worked for me:

1)

Get Minitool partition wizard and delete all partitions on SD card.

Create new partition of the whole SD card using FAT32.

Format in PC in FAT32.

Put card in phone.

2)

Connect phone to PC.

Copy the contents of "FROYO...." (O2BETA folder and the other files) directly into "My storage" (NO subfolders!). Copy the 2D/3D update "o2b3update.tar.gz"directly into "My storage" (NO subfolders!).

Disconnect phone - Make sure phone is not pluged in computer or charger (first time I installed with phone on charger and failed. I am not sure whether it affect something but better safe then sorry.)

3)

On phone go to "My storage/O2BETA" and run "HARET.EXE" - NOT the one in the root of "My storage" but the one inside the O2BETA folder!

wait untill phone reboots.

4)

On phone go to "My storage/" and run "HARET.EXE" - YES, the one in the root of "My storage"

Wait for android to load. Once you see the android logo glowing you will have to wait approximately another 5 minutes. Once you are inside the Android just hold down the power button and select Reboot or just press the Soft reset button if it freezes. (the small hole above the lock button).

5)

Connect phone to PC.

Copy the files "o2b3update.tar.gz" and "zImage" from "Kernel-B7610-froyo-REV51" into "My storage" and confirm overwrite of "zImage"

Disconnect phone - Make sure phone is not pluged in computer or charger.

6)

On phone go to "My storage/" and run "HARET.EXE" - YES, the one in the root of "My storage"

The Android should load now.

Note that the first time it will be showing lot of errors so just try working with it as long as possible until it freezes and use the soft reset and boot it again :rolleyes: Don't know why but the more times you boot it and do something the less errors it shows so after 4-5 reboots it woks quite good.

Anyway this is just what I figured. Maybe you can just try rebooting without the freezing :)

---------------------

Now if were unable to complete step 3 just try again from scratch. Make double sure that every file is where it needs to be. You don't have to use the exact same procedure I used. But this is what worked for me eventually.

The important thing is to start with clean SD.

---------------------

If you managed to complete step 3 but got stuck somewhere else do NOT delete the partitions on the SD card. The right partition is already in place so you just delete all the files you put on "My storage" and then have two options:

( A )

Start at step 4 and try the process again. Make double sure that every file is in the right place.

( B )

This what I did. I did it succesfully 4 times in a row now. I use it when the Android crashes when I "play" with wrong files or install bad apps.

As I already said, the right partition is already on the SD card. The rest of the SD card should be now a 1GB smaller FAT32 and should be accesible from Windows or WM as a normal SD card. That means that if you try a reinstall now the installer will wipe the Android ext2 partition and do a clean installation again on it but won't do anything to the rest of the SD card. That we use to our advantage because it will save us the need to connect and discoonect the phone to PC all th time.

All you just do is create a folder on the SD card in windows (on the FAT32 partition if you are on Linux but under windows the ext2 partiton won't be seen so it will just look like a normal SD). You can name it whatever you want, I named mine "android" :rolleyes:

You just copy all the instalation files in this folder. (You could copy them to the root of the SD but since I keep it on the SD for future needs I prefer them to be in one folder so I get a better view of other files.)

That is two folders: "froyo_beta1_1024" and "Kernel-B7610-froyo-REV51"

and the 2D/3D update file: "o2b3update.tar.gz"

And from now on you don't need the PC anymore. You can do all the work in the phone explorer (I used Total commander).

The process is the same as from step 4. The only difference is that you don't need to copy the files from PC but you just copy them from SD. The same files to the same location in the same order.

------------------

Note that I am no programmer and have very limited knowledge of Linux, Android and all the things that happen during this instalation.

I just downloaded the files from the first post and followed the guide. And because it did not work for me for the first time (or second ;)) I just kept trying (because that's my nature :D) and I eventually got it to work so I recommend the same to you B)

Once again: Everytime make sure you put the right files to the right location in the right time and order.

And really do not forget that only the first time of the installation you run the HARET.EXE from the O2BETA subfolder.

PS. If I do crash the Android again - god I hope that's not gonna happen - but if I do, I will make a video tutorial of the installation.

PS2. I got the TeamViewer app working. I don't recommend trying Angry birds though - it froze the phone and somehow crashed the Android forcing me to do the first reinstall.

Edited by Wirei

Guest erikcas
Hi guys! :)

I have small problem with instalation Android to my Omnia Pro... I do everything exactly by the guide, to step 4 is everything allright, but in step 5 it crashes (picture).. :rolleyes: Any idea to help? :rolleyes:

Here is your problem:

14.152944 secs a vfat filesystem is mounted as your root file system. The kernel can't find init.rc there. That is quite plausible, because it is installed on the ext2 (or ext4( filesystem by the installer. (or is installed on the ext(x) partition where you installed it)

Imo there are two alternatives:

1. Correct default.txt on "my storage" so that it points to the correct partition.

2. Completely wipe your SD (including all partitions). Create one fat partition and re-run installer.

Good luck

grtz Erik

Edited by erikcas