Outputting HDMI stops Wifi working?

Guest saltydogrr

Guest saltydogrr

Hi guys, i'm new here but I hope you can help me out.

So i'm using a good mini hdmi - hdmi cable and outputting from my eee pad to a HDTV at my girlfriends house, it works fine. I get sound/picture and there are no issues and I can stream online content while outputting from HDMI.

Now I come home, and when i output HDMI to a HDTV (i've tried 2 different tv's), the wifi doesn't work. It doesn't say the wifi can't be found on the tab, and it can infact load some BBC news websites so it IS working, but when i try and stream movies, youtube videos or tv streams or even do a 'speed test', nothing happens, i can 0 on speed test etc.

Can anyone suggest why this might be? If anything we have a newer BT homehub with wifi N than at my gfs house and I can't understand why it would intefer with the wifi. THanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RayHayes
Hi guys, i'm new here but I hope you can help me out.

So i'm using a good mini hdmi - hdmi cable and outputting from my eee pad to a HDTV at my girlfriends house, it works fine. I get sound/picture and there are no issues and I can stream online content while outputting from HDMI.

Now I come home, and when i output HDMI to a HDTV (i've tried 2 different tv's), the wifi doesn't work. It doesn't say the wifi can't be found on the tab, and it can infact load some BBC news websites so it IS working, but when i try and stream movies, youtube videos or tv streams or even do a 'speed test', nothing happens, i can 0 on speed test etc.

Can anyone suggest why this might be? If anything we have a newer BT homehub with wifi N than at my gfs house and I can't understand why it would intefer with the wifi. THanks.

Similar problem here. With the HDMI connection in place, I can't even establish a WiFi connection, pull the plug out, it connects, plug it back in, dropped again, etc.