whats going on over here

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok ive been silent for an age in here so about time i made an update and im getting sick of people constant assuming ive abandoned the streak5 which is plainly untrue and based on totally unrelated facts.

I AM still working on the streak 5, though im working on gingerbread(cm7) for it hence the lack of updates as im having to try and hack my way around issues with libraries i dont have source for, most of which involve graphics libraries and audio - audio i may have a way around by using libraries from acer liquid which i tried a miui build from and it did boot and have sound :) albeit quiet sound.

so please folks pass this around to people who ask

I HAVE NOT STOPPED DEVELOPING FOR STREAK5 its just being a royal pain to get working on gb although i can easily get it booting.

Guest haynesteve

Thanks for the info Steve - I'm sure the next update will be well worth the wait.

Have a pint on me

Edited by haynesteve

Guest rebski

Steve, thanks for the update.

I just assumed that things would be quiet until Honeycomb is finally released so I don't understand why some people see fit to pester.

But they are only a few in number and I am sure you feel the love from the rest of us.

Guest krazman

Thanks for the update Steve!

Never even considered abandonment. Just figured we hadn't heard from you in a while because you are caught up in Royal Wedding Mania!!!

Cheers

Guest Stephen Hyde

ohh please, i have even less interest in the royal wedding crap(aka massive waste of uk taxpayers money by paying for a royal family who do precisely nothing for the country to have another wedding) than i have in apple devices

Guest superutp
ohh please, i have even less interest in the royal wedding crap(aka massive waste of uk taxpayers money by paying for a royal family who do precisely nothing for the country to have another wedding) than i have in apple devices

LOL...!!

Guest Crinos512

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

:)

Thank you again Steve for the dedication you have shown to this platform and patience you have for your fans.

Woot! I'm a DJ_Steve Groupie!

Guest sharptv

can't agree more.

Edited by sharptv

Guest gilrad

Once you get these driver issues worked around, does this mean less painful updates to things like Honeycomb (whenever Google deems the masses ready for it)? Or are the drivers still pretty much locked up and this is just a one-time coincidence that will allow you to get to Gingerbread?

Guest vanemburghj

Steve, got to love the irony of your comments and ads: (after you open scroll down)

post-809417-1303773355_thumb.png

Edited by vanemburghj

Guest synaptic.flaws

stephen, in all fairness that may have been a tad out of line, comparing the royal family to a brainwashing parasite that convinces you that you actually want to give more money for absolutely nothing of substance just because the bucket's ( pronounced bouquet for us on the west side of the pond ) did so last week?

just think of all the happiness and joy the royal family has given you personally.

nope sorry not even I can spread bovine fecal matter this thick..

disregard..

Guest superutp
stephen, in all fairness that may have been a tad out of line, comparing the royal family to a brainwashing parasite that convinces you that you actually want to give more money for absolutely nothing of substance just because the bucket's ( pronounced bouquet for us on the west side of the pond ) did so last week?

just think of all the happiness and joy the royal family has given you personally.

nope sorry not even I can spread bovine fecal matter this thick..

disregard..

I am seriously running out of LOL's in this thread..

Guest frostmore

i can sort of understand you feel steave.

Thanks to dell infringing the copyleft law,developmet for the streak has been nothing more than a drag across razor blades....

pity though,the streak has to potential to develop into a must have device had there been more developers for custom rom but dell though they can do a better job...offering substandard roms to streak users.

dell if you are reading this,don't be an ass and hold back on the drivers.just look at htc,they got no problems with releasing their drivers software,custom roms abound and their sales have been nothing more the spectacular.

Guest jmhalder
Dell if you are reading this,don't be an ass and hold back on the drivers.just look at htc,they got no problems with releasing their drivers software,custom roms abound and their sales have been nothing more the spectacular.

HTC and others often don't provide drivers when a framework changes that require different drivers for a new OS. There is just a bigger following and multiple developers willing to hack em together, although you are right, this phone could've been more successful if it launched with 2.1 and a near vanilla launcher. Dell released what they had to, like any other company. Releasing code ISN'T what is making HTC/Motorola/Samsung successful, and it ISN'T what is making Dell unsuccessful.

Guest rovex

I agree. The Streak is nice, but does have limited appeal, simply because of its size and landscape arrangement. It doesnt bother me, but most people who see mine baulk at its size. The same people were dubious of my HTC HD2 as well.