Is my desire bricked?

Guest djl208

Guest djl208

Hoping somebody can help me, as I am lost as to what to do next.

Background

I have a unlocked Desire, which I have rooted and flashed a MoDaCo rom (r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd-signed), which has been working with no problems for last couple of months.

Not sure if this is relevant, but installed Regina 3D launcher a few days ago, but again this seemed to be working fine. However 2 days ago the phone frooze on on of the launcher's screens. I took the battery out and have been unable to get the phone working again since.

Most of the time the phone refuses to switch on at all, but occasionally will boot up. If I just switch on as normal the phone gets stuck on the initial HTC white screen. If I boot into Fastboot it appears to be working showing usual options. When I go to recovery the screen changes to 3 droids on skateboards and then after a while it goes back to fastboot screen with no options to update from zip, etc.

At the top of the screen at the fastboot screen it says

Bravo PV1 Ship S-ON

Hboot 0.93.0001

MI Corp-031d

Touch Panel - synt0101

Radio - 5.14.05.17

Aug 10 2010, 17:52:10

Options available are

Bootloader

Reboot

Reboot Bootlaoder

Power Down

On the hboot screen it says

hboot 0.93.001

MI Corp -

Touch Panel -

Radio -

Options are

Fastboot

Recovery

Clear Storage

Simlock

when the system does a check on the hboot screen the lines says no image found, and the last line says no image or wrong image found.

I have an Nandroid backup, a clockworkMod folder and the rom zip on the sd card but can't access any of them.

The phone is only 6 months old and I do not want to send it back in it's current state as the rooting and rom flashing has invalidated the warranty.

Can anyone suggest what to do next to get the phone working again. I feel that the rom may have been corrupted in some way and that it needs reflashing, but I can't access anything from the phone.

If I connect to pc if says it is an unrecognisable device

Last thing, which seems very odd, I don't seem to be able to switch the phone on until after 4pm!

Guest longy92
Hoping somebody can help me, as I am lost as to what to do next.

Background

I have a unlocked Desire, which I have rooted and flashed a MoDaCo rom (r9-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd-signed), which has been working with no problems for last couple of months.

Not sure if this is relevant, but installed Regina 3D launcher a few days ago, but again this seemed to be working fine. However 2 days ago the phone frooze on on of the launcher's screens. I took the battery out and have been unable to get the phone working again since.

Most of the time the phone refuses to switch on at all, but occasionally will boot up. If I just switch on as normal the phone gets stuck on the initial HTC white screen. If I boot into Fastboot it appears to be working showing usual options. When I go to recovery the screen changes to 3 droids on skateboards and then after a while it goes back to fastboot screen with no options to update from zip, etc.

At the top of the screen at the fastboot screen it says

Bravo PV1 Ship S-ON

Hboot 0.93.0001

MI Corp-031d

Touch Panel - synt0101

Radio - 5.14.05.17

Options available are

Bootloader

Reboot

Reboot Bootlaoder

Power Down

On the hboot screen it says

hboot 0.93.001

MI Corp -

Touch Panel -

Radio -

Options are

Fastboot

Recovery

Clear Storage

Simlock

when the system does a check on the hboot screen the lines says no image found, and the last line says no image or wrong image found.

I have an Nandroid backup, a clockworkMod folder and the rom zip on the sd card but can't access any of them.

The phone is only 6 months old and I do not want to send it back in it's current state as the rooting and rom flashing has invalidated the warranty.

Can anyone suggest what to do next to get the phone working again. I feel that the rom may have been corrupted in some way and that it needs reflashing, but I can't access anything from the phone.

If I connect to pc if says it is an unrecognisable device

Last thing, which seems very odd, I don't seem to be able to switch the phone on until after 4pm!

If you get the phone into hboot, and connect the USB, does the hboot detect that the USB is connected and will your pc recognize the device? Also what OS you running on PC?

Guest djl208
If you get the phone into hboot, and connect the USB, does the hboot detect that the USB is connected and will your pc recognize the device? Also what OS you running on PC?

Answer to the first question is sometimes. I have it plugged in to my pc as I type and currently it is not showing as hboot or fastboot usb, but most of the time it does if connected.

My pc is running Vista. Most of the time it says device is unrecognisable, but once it did find it and recognise it as an android device

Guest longy92
Answer to the first question is sometimes. I have it plugged in to my pc as I type and currently it is not showing as hboot or fastboot usb, but most of the time it does if connected.

My pc is running Vista. Most of the time it says device is unrecognisable, but once it did find it and recognise it as an android device

Right. A few things should be tested first. I've got my device stuck on boot a few times, chances are, its fixable. Try boot into recovery from hboot. What happens?

The next thing would be to hit Clear Storage but first, what happens when you try boot into recovery?

Guest djl208
Right. A few things should be tested first. I've got my device stuck on boot a few times, chances are, its fixable. Try boot into recovery from hboot. What happens?

The next thing would be to hit Clear Storage but first, what happens when you try boot into recovery?

When I go to recovery from hboot 3 droids on skateboards appear in the middle of the screen and after a minute or 2 it goes straight back to hboot screen.

I have tried clear storage before, and that did not appear to help.

Guest longy92
When I go to recovery from hboot 3 droids on skateboards appear in the middle of the screen and after a minute or 2 it goes straight back to hboot screen.

I have tried clear storage before, and that did not appear to help.

Ok well the only thing I can think of is, if you get into hboot with your pc recognizing the phone, is to use ADB. I'm know some about it, but my knowledge is limited. I only started using it recently. Do you know how to use it?

Guest djl208
Ok well the only thing I can think of is, if you get into hboot with your pc recognizing the phone, is to use ADB. I'm know some about it, but my knowledge is limited. I only started using it recently. Do you know how to use it?

I thought that I might be able to do something from the PC, but after searching the forums for a while, I still have no idea how i could do that. Any help appreciated!

Guest longy92
I thought that I might be able to do something from the PC, but after searching the forums for a while, I still have no idea how i could do that. Any help appreciated!

Ok. ADB is an interesting thing to use to say the least. Think of it as using command prompt on your PC. You're manually doing s***. Right follow this link here and set up ADB. You gotta download a good bit of stuff. When using this it may be possible to send the command manually to get it into recovery. I stress that this may NOT work. I'm just trying all possibilities, to the best of my knowledge. Install all the stuff, and get the phone set up, if you can and write back here when you're done :)

I have two things to suggest with using ADB off the top of my head. Trying the reboot into recovery command and removing the thing you installed. First get ADB and we'll see then :)

Guest djl208
Ok. ADB is an interesting thing to use to say the least. Think of it as using command prompt on your PC. You're manually doing s***. Right follow this link here and set up ADB. You gotta download a good bit of stuff. When using this it may be possible to send the command manually to get it into recovery. I stress that this may NOT work. I'm just trying all possibilities, to the best of my knowledge. Install all the stuff, and get the phone set up, if you can and write back here when you're done :)

I have two things to suggest with using ADB off the top of my head. Trying the reboot into recovery command and removing the thing you installed. First get ADB and we'll see then :)

I already have ADB on my pc from when I rooted the Desire. It is currently updating so I'll come back when it is fully updated.

Thanks for your help so far longy92

Guest longy92
I already have ADB on my pc from when I rooted the Desire. It is currently updating so I'll come back when it is fully updated.

Thanks for your help so far longy92

No probs :) Got any idea about the commands or are you new to it? I'm not too experienced with it myself, but I can do a bit.

Guest djl208
No probs :) Got any idea about the commands or are you new to it? I'm not too experienced with it myself, but I can do a bit.

I have got adb installed, but it doesn't seem to recognise the phone. In device manager it shows android bootloader device, but adb does not list the serial number. I installed pdanet to try and update the driver as suggested in the link you gave, but this does not seem to make any difference. Any ideas?

Guest longy92
I have got adb installed, but it doesn't seem to recognise the phone. In device manager it shows android bootloader device, but adb does not list the serial number. I installed pdanet to try and update the driver as suggested in the link you gave, but this does not seem to make any difference. Any ideas?

Well it'll have to be in hboot and hboot will have to recognise its connected. It took me ages to mess around with ADB to get it to recognise my Desire, honestly, I really dunno what else to say! That's all the advice I can give!

Hope it all goes well, let us know.

Guest djl208
Well it'll have to be in hboot and hboot will have to recognise its connected. It took me ages to mess around with ADB to get it to recognise my Desire, honestly, I really dunno what else to say! That's all the advice I can give!

Hope it all goes well, let us know.

Currently trying to flash a rom from my pc to the desire, but my pc has been stuck on 'downloading 'boot.img'' for nearly 2 hrs now. I am loath to unplug it as I have had a lot of trouble connecting the phone to the pc and getting it recognised. Device manager still shows the phone as being connected.

The phone itself is unresponsive, stuck on the fastboot screen.

How long should it take to flash a rom from the pc to the phone? Also should it give some sort of progress info?

Cheers for the help.