[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remixed

Guest Len Ash

Guest Len Ash

Variants of kallt_kaffe's final Swedish Spring outing. Suitable for both Gen 1 and 2 phones, kk's update script will flash the correct boot image and RILs. Use CW 3.x.x.x

ROM has enhanced autobrightness behaviour, AOSP contacts/provider, GOSMS Pro in lieu of Google MMS, additional ringtones, new bootanimation, AGPS enabled, DNS set to Google, ondemand governor with 122.88MHz idle CPU speed. Updated Apps as of 22/4/11

Fairly stripped down, app wise. 106MB size. Has circle battery mod. Absolutely no FM Radio. No File Manager - see below if Astro included version wanted.

SS RLS 5 Lite Circ md5 504a3f93fef0b3c5318ca4eafcade368

Lite version with Astro file manager added...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IIVZYAMK md5 8db180e38099797c7c5215ace4e6c197

Lite version with Astro and Japanese "Softbank" Stock ROM boot image applicable to Gen 2 only (has kk SS5 boot image for Gen 1 so no harm if flashed to Gen 1 phone!)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ENNGZ2JF md5 933d366b5f73a037491f606047c40cbd

Lite version with Astro and "Comviq" Stock ROM boot image applicable to Gen 2 only (has kk SS5 boot image for Gen 1 so no harm if flashed to Gen 1 phone!)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6OKDTJZ md5 855a34f3bfdc0e6274dc6cf577a2a3a6

If you want the "Gingerbread" Wallpaper, attached. Unzip and copy to SD card, select with "Wallpaper"

Gingerbread.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest TouchyAndalou

Great work, I've been using your full fat RLS4 version up until now. Are you planning on doing any more variations over the next few days? If not, I'll probably flash the semi-lite version tonight.

One other thing: have you included that screen shot app and if so, is it working ok for you? On the last version, it was force closing every time I tried to go into it and I think somebody else reported the same problem.

Thanks again.

Guest Len Ash
Great work, I've been using your full fat RLS4 version up until now. Are you planning on doing any more variations over the next few days? If not, I'll probably flash the semi-lite version tonight.

One other thing: have you included that screen shot app and if so, is it working ok for you? On the last version, it was force closing every time I tried to go into it and I think somebody else reported the same problem.

Thanks again.

TA!

I haven't included "PIC ME" - as you say, it FCs. I will try and find out why...

I don't really intend to do any more (I might do a Gen 2 version using just the Softbank or Comviq stock kernels though)

Let me know what you think if you flash one of these. Feedback always welcomed.

Guest TouchyAndalou
TA!

I haven't included "PIC ME" - as you say, it FCs. I will try and find out why...

I don't really intend to do any more (I might do a Gen 2 version using just the Softbank or Comviq stock kernels though)

I'll do that, mate. I'm going to flash tonight after charging, so will give some feedback in the next few days.

One small thing that I've noticed over the last couple of weeks using your RLS4 remix was that the screen brightness would be adjusting itself usually a couple of times each time I typed out a text message - and seemed to be doing so for no discernible reason. I wonder if this is an issue related to your autobrightness tweaking? I didn't try re-flashing or any other problem solving, so it'll be interesting to see if this effects me with this new rom.

Other than that, there weren't any problems of note I noticed with your last offering, so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest Len Ash
I'll do that, mate. I'm going to flash tonight after charging, so will give some feedback in the next few days.

One small thing that I've noticed over the last couple of weeks using your RLS4 remix was that the screen brightness would be adjusting itself usually a couple of times each time I typed out a text message - and seemed to be doing so for no discernible reason. I wonder if this is an issue related to your autobrightness tweaking? I didn't try re-flashing or any other problem solving, so it'll be interesting to see if this effects me with this new rom.

Other than that, there weren't any problems of note I noticed with your last offering, so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

If you type in landscape, like I do, you will be partially covering the light sensor on and off. It is on the left of the earpiece grille above the "San Francisco" legend.

At least it works!

Guest Paden
TA!

Awesome work LanceH, many thanks for your efforts!

If you're already on Gen 2 what kernal is installed at the moment?

Cheers, Paul

Guest dibbles

Thanks LanceH. Could these be flashed over your previous release, based on RLS4, or would a full wipe etc be needed to use them..?

Thanks for sharing your work :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest Len Ash
Thanks LanceH. Could these be flashed over your previous release, based on RLS4, or would a full wipe etc be needed to use them..?

Thanks for sharing your work :)

No wipe required unless you have issues. You may need to re-log in to a few apps. (No harm in trying anyhow.)

Guest dibbles
No wipe required unless you have issues. You may need to re-log in to a few apps. (No harm in trying anyhow.)

I have noticed that it no longer contains the NoFrillsCPUControl. Does that mean it is no longer an overclockable kernel or have you just left the application out..?

Guest sm4tik
If you type in landscape, like I do, you will be partially covering the light sensor on and off. It is on the left of the earpiece grille above the "San Francisco" legend.

At least it works!

I'm trying to get used to rotate the phone clockwise to prevent that from happening :) Any chance of getting those files related to the fix? (I asked earlier in japanese spring thread, but I guess my reply got buried somewhere)

Guest Len Ash

Lite version with Astro and Japanese "Softbank" Stock ROM boot image applicable to Gen 2 only (has kk SS5 boot image for Gen 1 so no harm if flashed to Gen 1 phone!) in first post

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash

Lite version with Astro and "Comviq" Stock ROM boot image applicable to Gen 2 only (has kk SS5 boot image for Gen 1 so no harm if flashed to Gen 1 phone!) in first post

Edited by Len Ash

Guest dibbles

Installed well and looks really nice, like the new boot animation :)

A small point LanceH and that is the top status bar is white and so are the clock digits, which makes them sort of difficult to read :)

Thanks for your hard work :(

Guest Len Ash

A small point LanceH and that is the top status bar is white and so are the clock digits, which makes them sort of difficult to read :)

Interesting - they're black on mine!

Guest Len Ash
That is strange.!

I did flash it over your previous release full phat 4 but they are white for me.

Let's see if anyone else confirms black or white - bizarre.

Guest Len Ash
ok. (they used to be black in the full phat one)

The battery icon is blue, complete with percentage indicator, as noted.

That should change colour as the battery level drops... Blue/Green/Yellow/Orange/Red in that order. If my png.s are in order!

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Paden

Same here for me after flashing the "Semi-Lite version with Astro added..." version.

OK though after flashing Frankish's GB theme on top.

Cheers, Paul

Guest solidchips

LanceH i have a suggestion. If possible please include a feature in your furture release which gives control to navigate cursor using Volume Up/Down keys while typing text.

I think it will very handy in typing text using soft keyboard.