Available ROM comparison

Guest kaostheory

Guest kaostheory

I wonder if there is a repository somewhere here or anywhere that holds ROM information for the vega ( or other devices ) including a comparison of features/bugs? kind of like a change management/release note repo?

If not can anyone tell me the best rom to use at the moment? I am using MCR R8. I have had no problems with it at all and am very happy but I like to tinker.

I like the look of corvus rom, primarily because of the NTFS support, but i was looking to get a view of others available.

Thanks in advance

:)

Rhys

Guest warriorscot

The R8 can be likened to a manufacturer rom, its stable well supported and has all the basic features needed.

Corvus roms (5 and .5) are a bit newer with some different features and at the moment are the ones I would reccomend.

Fuji rom is pretty similar to corvus you can check it out but I haven't tried it as its not got anything that really distinguishes it enough for me to go to the trouble.

Cyanogen is android 2.3 and has buckets of features but unfortunately it isn't optimised for the hardware yet so its not got great performance. The day it gets made tegra friendly its probably going to be what we are all using until something 3.0 arrives.

Guest kaostheory

Thankyou very much, I just flashed CM7 and didnt like it so I have no flashed Corvus/Newbe5's rom and will see how I get on with it. Not entirely sure about the GRID them so have installed the honeycomb one on here.

Guest warriorscot

Same rom as I am currently on its good only niggle is that I don't like the keyboard compared to the NI keyboard in .5 as its too wide on a 10 inch screen so having it split is pointless. I don't have any strong feelings about the grid theme but I like it as well as the HC one I would just like it a little better with some different colours maybe dark blue and red.

Guest BTatHome

It would be very useful to have at least a basic ROM comparison (or even just description) for newbies.

I'm now 4 days into rom flashing and only 6 days into vega ownership and i'm still looking into alternative roms to try and figure out which one i would prefer ..... and don't even get me started on launcher apps, thats another minefield altogether.

I might try CM7 next but the hassle of swapping ROM and then reinstalling is putting me off.

Guest kaostheory

I would give CM7 a miss until it reaches official release or at least beta rather than "unofficial nightly".

IMO Corvus 5 is the leader for me at the moment if you want a lot of the tweaks mentioned here already done for you.

Guest newbe5
Same rom as I am currently on its good only niggle is that I don't like the keyboard compared to the NI keyboard in .5 as its too wide on a 10 inch screen so having it split is pointless. I don't have any strong feelings about the grid theme but I like it as well as the HC one I would just like it a little better with some different colours maybe dark blue and red.

Duly noted, and I may look at colour alternatives when I return from holiday. I was already thinking about a dark red version...

newbe5

Guest premieral

Why dont you replace the keyboard with the ni one?

Guest leemain88

the NI keyboard is on there you just have to switch to it..

Guest premieral
How do you switch the keyboard ?

Got ni keyboard under keyboards but unsure how to set it to default

when you are in type screen ( dont know what else to call it :) ) such as this one, pres on the box where you want to type and hold until a box pops up with a choice of keyboards. Select the one you want and voila :) .

Guest tabor56

Newbe 5, could I also ask if you do add extra colour options could you do a wallpaper without the logo to match it? I think the icons look better than the honeycomb theme

really happy with the theme but a darker option would be great :)