new proud owner of advent vega need help !

Guest shenglong

Guest SiggiTauscher
ive installed vega tools but it wont install the clockwork mod it says

error device not found

Good morning, I am no where near an expert when it comes to Android, but I am slowly learning... I believe you need a dsifferent set of USB drivers for yout Android, can't remember if they are part of the Vega Tools download or come seperate from Modaco. With a little look there should be something called system USB part of your VT30 download. You will need to disconnect the Vega, open Vega Tools, Click on ADB USB on the top, follow the instructions to remove all USB devices that mention Vega, Nvidia, Tegra etc from your PC, then connect the Vega again. Windows won't find the driver, do not allow it to check online, instead open device manager, update the driver for the unknown device you will have, point it to the System USB folder, and agree to install that driver. Also I believe you need to go to settings, applications, development on your Vega and tick the box for USB debugging, then all should work.

Siggi

Guest tinners
Good morning, I am no where near an expert when it comes to Android, but I am slowly learning... I believe you need a dsifferent set of USB drivers for yout Android, can't remember if they are part of the Vega Tools download or come seperate from Modaco. With a little look there should be something called system USB part of your VT30 download. You will need to disconnect the Vega, open Vega Tools, Click on ADB USB on the top, follow the instructions to remove all USB devices that mention Vega, Nvidia, Tegra etc from your PC, then connect the Vega again. Windows won't find the driver, do not allow it to check online, instead open device manager, update the driver for the unknown device you will have, point it to the System USB folder, and agree to install that driver. Also I believe you need to go to settings, applications, development on your Vega and tick the box for USB debugging, then all should work.

Siggi

Ill give that a try later cheers

Guest tinners
Ill give that a try later cheers

ive now got another problem..... got all that sorted and its been working fine now it wont load up if i turn it on i just get a black screen and nowt happens

can anyone help

Guest rosiekatie
download corvus5 zip to sd card, Then make sure you have clockwork mod installed ( you will only have this if you have downloaded it yourself ) if you havent then use vega tools to install it.Click recovery apk from modaco rom in app drawer, and vega will boot to clockwork mod.

now before you do anything click backup/restore and do a complete backup ( takes a while but is soooo necessary for later screw ups :mellow: )

now in no particular order, wipe date/factory settings, clear cache and then under advanced option clear dalvik cache. This will clean the system ready for the new rom.

next go to install zip from sd card and select the corvus5 rom ( it will be where you downloaded it to, normally downloads ) the system will now install the rom and eventually ( couple of minutes tops ) go back to reboot option.

click reboot and away it goes new rom installed! Oh and just to clarify even more you move around the clockwork mod menu with the volume keys and select anything with the power on off key.

have fun :D

thanks thats exactly what i want to do..could you please show me the down load link to clockwork mod? thanks :o