[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest Fou-lu
how i check md5 hash? sorry for my ignorance..

my phone is a gen2 upgraded by TPT just like Waadulf and he seems to have the same issues that i do when i flash this ROM.

Use astro file manager to check MD5.

Guest DumonKri
I think this is a CM7 bug, maybe brought over after you TPT the N57, many CM7 user's have this bug.

format system / wipe data / cache and try once more, shouldn't show up in 2.2 ?

Maybe this is why i had my problem connecting to O2 network as i came straight over from CM7. I have SSR5 installed now and working fine. Maybe i'll do a nandroid backup and try this again.

LanceH, i copied your framework-res.apk over to the SSR5 which gave me your gingerbread status bar etc. The clock colour though has stayed black so obivously i cannot see it. After doing a little research i think i found that it is contained in services.jar. Is this correct? If so could i just push it over? Thanks

Guest Len Ash
Maybe this is why i had my problem connecting to O2 network as i came straight over from CM7. I have SSR5 installed now and working fine. Maybe i'll do a nandroid backup and try this again.

LanceH, i copied your framework-res.apk over to the SSR5 which gave me your gingerbread status bar etc. The clock colour though has stayed black so obivously i cannot see it. After doing a little research i think i found that it is contained in services.jar. Is this correct? If so could i just push it over? Thanks

It is in services.jar, you could try, but I suspect something will break.

Guest Gilthoniel

hey guys, i'm hoping someone will help me out... 3rd time posting...

how can i access the settings for no frills cpu control (since it's included in the ROM) without installing it again via the market?

Is it safe to remove the apps via Ti Backup, instead of removing it from the ROM and reflashing the phone?

many thanks in advance

ps: Weirdest thing happened... Ti Backup couldn't uninstall Amazon UK! recovery mode states that it's unable to mount the amazon.apk... what gives?

Edited by Gilthoniel

Guest Len Ash
hey guys, i'm hoping someone will help me out... 3rd time posting...

how can i access the settings for no frills cpu control (since it's included in the ROM) without installing it again via the market?

Is it safe to remove the apps via Ti Backup, instead of removing it from the ROM and reflashing the phone?

many thanks in advance

ps: Weirdest thing happened... Ti Backup couldn't uninstall Amazon UK! recovery mode states that it's unable to mount the amazon.apk... what gives?

Not sure what you're trying to do. What's the problem with NoFrills, exactly? I wouldn't touch Titanium Backup, personally. Far too many problems caused by it and the use/misuse of it.

If you don't want specific apps, delete from the ROM zip BEFORE flashing. Pigging around with backups and so on is a one way road to Problemsville.

Guest Gilthoniel

Hey Lance,

Thanks for the tip, I'll remove them from the ROM zip before flashing.

If you don't recommend TiBackup, what's the best option for backing up my apps/data before I reflash my phone?

I mentioned the No Frills setting because you mentioned that in your ROM, the governor is set to ondemand as default, and the min proc speed is 122mhz... so I figured there must be a setting in your ROM to tweak those numbers. Unless there isn't, and I don't need to :mellow:

Sorry for all the noob questions... I admit i'm very new to android.

thanksssss

Guest DumonKri
It is in services.jar, you could try, but I suspect something will break.

Thanks. I ended up editing the original to avoid any problems.

Guest Len Ash
Hey Lance,

Thanks for the tip, I'll remove them from the ROM zip before flashing.

If you don't recommend TiBackup, what's the best option for backing up my apps/data before I reflash my phone?

I mentioned the No Frills setting because you mentioned that in your ROM, the governor is set to ondemand as default, and the min proc speed is 122mhz... so I figured there must be a setting in your ROM to tweak those numbers. Unless there isn't, and I don't need to :mellow:

Sorry for all the noob questions... I admit i'm very new to android.

thanksssss

Google backs up your settings and apps... settings under "Privacy" and when you set up your Google account. No need for apps to do that.

I don't recall mentioning NoFrills....?? there are no user settings in the ROM as such.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Gilthoniel

hey Lance,

thanks. didn't know about Google backing up my data!

u did mention this - "ondemand governor with 122.88MHz idle CPU freq" - does this mean the ROM has a built-in CPU controller already?

Guest Len Ash
hey Lance,

thanks. didn't know about Google backing up my data!

u did mention this - "ondemand governor with 122.88MHz idle CPU freq" - does this mean the ROM has a built-in CPU controller already?

Not the same thing. The Linux kernel has scaling governors "built in", which can be lightly modified fairly readily.

Guest Gilthoniel

Ic... So does this mean that I don't need to install no frills CPU controller if I'm currently happy with the way things are going on my blade?

Thesres pretty bad lag on angry birds rio though

last question - how do u update the preinstalled apps? and is deleting apps from your ROM as simple as unzipping the zip file, and deleting the apk files from the /system/app file, and then rezipping? coz i did that and removed the Amazon.apk but it reappeared when I reflashed

Edited by Gilthoniel

Guest Waadulf
> 400 downloads and no issues like those seen or reported... suggest unclean flash (wipe and/or partly corrupt file - you DID check md5 hash?)

I was kind of drunk last night and forgot the most common problem. Gonna check it now :mellow:

Guest PF62
Sure, unzip and ADB push this file to /system/etc then reboot

Just wanted to say that this post earlier in this thread (Post 61) has significantly speeded up GPS for me.

Guest gomes29
my phone is a gen2 upgraded by TPT just like Waadulf and he seems to have the same issues that i do when i flash this ROM.

I tried to flash this ROM again and this time it didn't boot.... stay in the green android after flash... I wiped cache and data and it is strange because i flash the LanceH 'remix' of FLB r11 and everything seems okay without any issues...

Guest Len Ash
I tried to flash this ROM again and this time it didn't boot.... stay in the green android after flash... I wiped cache and data and it is strange because i flash the LanceH 'remix' of FLB r11 and everything seems okay without any issues...

I suspect there is something wrong due to the way you updated your phone. Possibly partitioning/memory layout.

I suggest you open a new post, this is something that others may encounter and need help on.

Guest Coxeroni

I really like the ROM, it looks awesome.

But I have a problem which I already encountered in regular SS ROM: after installing a bunch of apps (either through market or Titanium Backup), I cannot install anymore, because the phone tells me there is no space left. Under settings -> SD and phone storage (dunno how it's in english exactely) it tells me that there is 239 MB free space on the phone.

What is wrong here?! Help appreciated :mellow:

BG Info: I updated to Gen 2 with the TPT image v3 from here, so this is the partition layout I am using. Everything worked flawlessly with CM7 or flb r11 Remix, only SS refuses to work :o

This is what "df -h" tells me:

df -h

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   210.1M	 12.0K	210.1M   0% /dev

/dev/block/mtdblock5	138.0M	121.3M	 16.7M  88% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6	302.9M	 64.1M	238.8M  21% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock8	  1.5M	  1.1M	380.0K  75% /persist

tmpfs					 4.0M		 0	  4.0M   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

tmpfs				   210.1M		 0	210.1M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	 29.1M	 27.6M		 0 100% /system/sd

tmpfs					42.0M		 0	 42.0M   0% /cache

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7.6G	  6.6G	961.5M  88% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

7.6G	  6.6G	961.5M  88% /mnt/secure/asec

Edited by Coxeroni

Guest Taliban

Great ROM, just went from Paul's to this one and enjoying it... :mellow:

One question although, what happened to the calculator? Missing some buttons lol

Guest Len Ash
Great ROM, just went from Paul's to this one and enjoying it... :mellow:

One question although, what happened to the calculator? Missing some buttons lol

Not sure what you mean?

Guest TheBrainKafka

Great Rom LanceH..... just wondering if you make progress with the energie monitor included in the notification bar ?

Edited by TheBrainKafka

Guest redbaron51
Great Rom LanceH..... just wondering if you make progress with the energie monitor included in the notification bar ?

Not sure whether I am doing something silly here....

Have just flashed my device from SSr4b (wipe cache factory reset) and gmail account isn't sync'ing on the market, i.e., saved apps not being downloaded.

any hints????

boot animation is great

Guest deksman2
Not sure what you mean?

I just checked the calculator and I can confirm that I'm missing graphical icons on the buttons myself.

I'm only seeing a dot in the middle of the buttons where +, -, /, x, % should be.

It's a minor graphical glitch, but would be nice if one could fix this because I do use the calc from time to time and would not like to guess.

One other thing... I installed the RLS5 over the RLS4b just last night.

Installation went fine... did a full wipe as well.

However... another thing I noticed was that the application drawer has a bit of a lag.

The RSL4b had a horrendous lag with the drawer... it's better in RSL5 (and manageable in contrast to the previous one), but still not entirely fluid.

Any idea why this is so?

The R12 Modaco Rom for example has a more fluid feel to the app drawer than either of these.

The battery life on the other hand is pretty great though with both roms.

After the battery calibration, my blade easily goes on for 4 days with little/some to no use before it needs a recharge.

Guest deksman2
Hi Guys

I've installed RLS5 (Data, Cache and Dalvik wipe) and I have no google talk, why is this?

Because it might not have been integrated?

Guest Deepeh
Because it might not have been integrated?

That "phat" release that comes with every other gapp under the sun bar Gtalk?

It was in RLS4 :mellow:

Guest Coxeroni
Hey Lance,

I'm facing a problem. I have app2sd installed. My memory card is not partitioned. I move the apps suggested by ass2sd to sd card.

But after some days these apps are just gone. They are listed in manage applications list but are grayed out.

This has happened twice. I had to re-install the apps again. Do you know what could be the issue?

I just moved the apps via titanium backup to the SD and so far not faced any problems. Is there any advantage from app2sd install?