Latest official 2.1 rom (RBM2)

Guest pepe24

Guest James Kei
Hi,

I think this is the latest official rom, (it has build number 865), but sadly, it is for devices with 256MB, so I can't flash it on mine.

Can someone flash it, remove some apps, and make clockwork backup of it?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...001C157B865.zip

Thanks,

Pepe

What good does it give from lastest official 2.1 ROM ? where we already have CM6 & CM7 !

Guest pepe24
What good does it give from lastest official 2.1 ROM ? where we already have CM6 & CM7 !

To put it short:

2.1 Rom pros:

1. No sudden slowdowns (it happens on CM6 and CM7)

2. Camera working falwlessly (on CM6 it has to slowed down with fix, on CM7 does not exist at all)

3. Smart dial (very important thing for me )

4. Orientation sensor always work (on CM6 after few days it does not work anymore)

5. GPS works without problem (on CM6 it stoped working after few hours)

6. Battery lasts longer

CM6 pros:

1. It is newer

2. It is faster ( in benchmark) in real word I dont see the difference

3. Gmail app is better

4. Power widget in notification area is better

Most intensive apps I use are Angry Birds, and Navigation, both work same on both roms. (CM7 is not for everyday use yet)

Regards,

Pepe

Guest James Kei
To put it short:

Pepe

Where I using 2.1 stock ROM, playing angry birds just not up to speed, my children will complain.

Then I switch to CM7, because it is overclock 729mhz(stable), so Angry Birds play smoothly. My sons happy.

Battery drain, yes, I just have to charge it daily.

I don't care camera, as U8220 camera has very poor quality. I already switched to SE X10, 8MP HD camera is great.

By upgrading to 2.3, resale value higher. 10~15% more than 2.1.

I brought them from 2nd market in very low price when they was 1.5 ROM, then upgrade to 2.3 ROM for sale.

Given I can see CM7 keep improving.

cheers :mellow:

Edited by James Kei

Guest jeddy1
Where I using 2.1 stock ROM, playing angry birds just not up to speed, my children will complain.

Then I switch to CM7, because it is overclock 729mhz(stable), so Angry Birds play smoothly. My sons happy.

I don't care camera, as U8220 camera has very poor quality. I already switched to SE X10, 8MP HD camera is great.

I brought them from 2nd market in very low price when they was 1.5 ROM, then upgrade to 2.3 ROM for sale.

cheers :o

who cares :mellow:

Guest pepe24

cheers :mellow:

Try the rom in post #50, it is fast.....and battery friendly

Guest ric_dk

Workes nice. Had the FLB 1.7.. but this is faster. :mellow:

But does anybody know how to get rid of the Redbull Mobile startup logo?

Thanks for the tip, I just changed canvas to adw launcher, and it is realy fast, and very smooth.

Here is the new version with youtube fixed and with adw launcher.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iaa3vn84zab31co

Regards,

pepe

Guest Casterina
Workes nice. Had the FLB 1.7.. but this is faster. :mellow:

This is faster than FLB :|

Guest pepe24
Workes nice. Had the FLB 1.7.. but this is faster. :unsure:

You cant, you must support Redbull F1 team, but they are winning aniway......

Just jokeing, it is part of the boot.img, I dont know how to change it, but I dont think it will bother You,

I didn't see it for a week, I dont need to restart the phone.

Pepe

Guest Casterina
You cant, you must support Redbull F1 team, but they are winning aniway......

Just jokeing, it is part of the boot.img, I dont know how to change it, but I dont think it will bother You,

I didn't see it for a week, I dont need to restart the phone.

Pepe

Is this rom faster than flb?

Guest pulsomatic

I have no rb boot animation, maybe try the second rom from this thread?

@ Casterina

Its runs a bit better than flb mod. Its the best rom out there for the pulse.(because everythings works and its very stable) And the best thing, I got rid of the sms bug.

Edited by pulsomatic

Guest Casterina

@ Casterina

Its runs a bit better than flb mod. Its the best rom out there for the pulse.(because everythings works and its very stable) And the best thing, I got rid of the sms bug.

Did you get rid of the sms bug with swapper2?

Guest ric_dk

not boot anim.. easy to fix.. done that :unsure: but boot logo... not easy to fix, as it's part of the boot.img.. as Pepe wrote ...

well Pepe, it pisses me off just knowing it's there.. as I bougth my u8230 compleatly unbranded ;) so I wan't it gone.. or at least changed to my carriager or even better the original Huawei boot logo :)

if someone knows pls :P

Edited by ric_dk

Guest James Kei
not boot anim.. easy to fix.. done that :) but boot logo... not easy to fix, as it's part of the boot.img.. as Pepe wrote ...

well Pepe, it pisses me off just knowing it's there.. as I bougth my u8230 compleatly unbranded :o so I whan't it gone.. or at least changed to my carriager or even better the original Huawei boot logo :P

if someone knows pls ;)

I also want to remove the T-mobile boot logon as well..... to replace Huawei logon....

cheer. :unsure:

Guest pulsomatic

@ Casterina

Ive just flashed this rom and it uses swapper2, so yes. And I have a class2 sdcard. All other roms with swap were unstable as hell with this setup.

Guest Casterina
@ Casterina

Ive just flashed this rom and it uses swapper2, so yes. And I have a class2 sdcard. All other roms with swap were unstable as hell with this setup.

This is red bull rom means business....

Guest ViPaSoft
Thanks for the tip, I just changed canvas to adw launcher, and it is realy fast, and very smooth.

Here is the new version with youtube fixed and with adw launcher.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iaa3vn84zab31co

Regards,

pepe

Hi,

Was loking forward to trying this rom.

Downloaded it ok and installed the 'Custom recovery image' on my pulse. I then booted into recovery.

I did 'Wipe date/factory reset'

Chose ''Flash Zip from Sd-card'

and now all I get is;

E:Missing file:

date/jit/bin/dalvikvm

E:Verification failed.

Anyone able to tell me what I've done wrong. I've flashed ROMs before on the Pulse, but not this one and also regularly on my Advent Vega.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Please ignore my above ramblings. I forgot, I should have installed ROM Manager and ClockworkMod Recovery NOT CustomRecovery. Hopefully, my stupidity may help someone else.

Edited by ViPaSoft

Guest Casterina

Instead of using SWapper2.. can't you go to temrinal emulator and type this command "a2sd reinstall"?? and like set a swappy..

Guest pepe24
Instead of using SWapper2.. can't you go to temrinal emulator and type this command "a2sd reinstall"?? and like set a swappy..

Not a good idea, in first modifyed rom it is there, but very buggy, in second, a2sd is removed.

Swapper2 works better (in this rom), and You can set swappines and swap size from it.

Guest Casterina
Not a good idea, in first modifyed rom it is there, but very buggy, in second, a2sd is removed.

Swapper2 works better (in this rom), and You can set swappines and swap size from it.

You need to have a rooted phone to work a2sd (i think), install super-root from the pinned topics... and there is a rooted phone without the need of a custom rom...

Guest rambobambo

Hi guys

Please see my post, http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...icked-uk-pulse/

I have beeen facing this problem.

Can some one tell me how to use the ROMS posted in this thrad on my phone with problems as mentioned in that post.

The phone is UL Tmobile pulse on Official ULK 2.1 ROM, which is unstable it is not rooted , it does not have clockwork recovery or AMON RA installed please guide me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Celeb

I just installed the new 2.1 UK update (from February) and found out that icons on the bottom links to incorrect things (contact icon to apps, the rest to... contacts). Therefore I'd like to ask - which one is the most vanilla and stable version (so that i have the most space for my apps) and requires as few work to do as possible (cause I am just way too lazy for installing 20 different patches, dalvik cache, apps2sd and who cares what all of these ROMs have). So the options for me are: Some stable android from t-mobile/tre/or wherever it was released or some very easy to install custom ROM (which only throws all the t-mobile crap out of the system and DOES NOT have any frickin' bugs). Could you guys help me guide me through this? Cause I am kinda lost in all those ROMs around.

BTW. got T/Mobile Pulse UK

Edited by Celeb

Guest jeddy1
Hi guys

Please see my post, http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...icked-uk-pulse/

I have beeen facing this problem.

Can some one tell me how to use the ROMS posted in this thrad on my phone with problems as mentioned in that post.

The phone is UL Tmobile pulse on Official ULK 2.1 ROM, which is unstable it is not rooted , it does not have clockwork recovery or AMON RA installed please guide me. Thanks

GUIDE

Guest craigb244

I installed this after having cm6 plus

I found this much much more stable, a lot faster. battery lasts a lot longer

all ive done is removed the stock launcher and replaced it with adw.