3 Touch Buttons Not Illuminating As usual after 2.2.2 Update

Guest Gavjbrown

Guest Gavjbrown

Only had my Streak a few days now and in that time have done the official 2.2 and 2.2.2 updates.

After 2.2.2 I have an annoying problem where the light for the 3 touch buttons only stays on for a matter of seconds. Once it has gone out it will only come back on by trying to press another button. Even then it will only stay on for a few seconds again.

Its a bit of a pain as its taking me longer than necessary to find a button.

Anyone have any idea how to cure this.

Thanks Gav

Guest pattym

Apparently this is a feature, not a flaw (Battery saving etc etc).

A lot of people do not like this (myself included). Hence, there is a bit of discussion on this in the "StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post". Have a look around page 16. http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...-post/page/300/

However, no fix as of writing.

Cheers

Guest Gavjbrown
Apparently this is a feature, not a flaw (Battery saving etc etc).

A lot of people do not like this (myself included). Hence, there is a bit of discussion on this in the "StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post". Have a look around page 16. http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...-post/page/300/

However, no fix as of writing.

Cheers

Thanks for that. At least I know its not just my machine.

Just a bit of a pain finding a button when its not illuminated. But guess it will get easier when I'm more familiar with it.

Guest chrisrotolo

lets hope DJ_Steve will add things from this to his next build, like bluetooth voice call, and maybe a NoLights config option.

we'll see, I think it said 1.9 may be last froyo release.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gavjbrown

Been using it like this for a while now and it seems the buttons and sometime take 2/3 presses before responding.

Its my only niggle really and other than that I love the phone.