Best Desktop? Best File Manager?

Guest RockVacirca

Guest RockVacirca

Hi guys,

Having enormous fun with my Vega, with excellent advice and posts in this forum.

With so many solutions, and so little time, I am hoping that some kind souls who have some experience of Desktops and File Managers can make a recommendation:

1. Which is the best desktop replacement for the Vega (either paid or free)? I had a look at ADWLauncher Ex in the Market, but one reviewer said his HTC Desire looks better. I also have an HTC Desire, and I must say I do love the desktop they use [is there a way to mimic the Desire's desktop on a Vega?].

So, which is the best desktop replacement?

2. I need a good file manager, with the ability to show the Vega's file structure, and drag and drop files from one location to another. Second need is for the files on a USB stick to be visible, and again to be able to drag and drop files from the Vega > USB stick, and vice versa.

If anyone has any good recommendations I would be most grateful.

Rock

Edited by RockVacirca

Guest ViPaSoft

I prefer VTL Launcher, free if you are a member of XDA or buy from the market;

XDA Link; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1046302

As for file manager;

I tend to use EX File Explorer Free from the market, can't drag and drop, but can cut/paste or copy/paste from within the program. With ES File Explorer you can also link it via WiFi to you computer and don't need to use USB Cable to copy files.

Guest stevie_mac
2. I need a good file manager, with the ability to show the Vega's file structure, and drag and drop files from one location to another. Second need is for the files on a USB stick to be visible, and again to be able to drag and drop files from the Vega > USB stick, and vice versa

Not sure there is a file manager for android which has drag and drop support. That said , file expert (search market) is very very good with some useful networking options, sharing options and built in zip and rar support.

Guest stevie_mac
Not sure there is a file manager for android which has drag and drop support. That said , file expert (search market) is very very good with some useful networking options, sharing options and built in zip and rar support.

If you want true drag / drop you could use "samba filesharing" then manage files wirelessly from your pc.

Guest warriorscot

Best file manager so far is astro it doesnt drag and drop but has easy to use multiple file select. As far as I know you just dont do drag with gouchscreens easily thats a mouse a thing so not a lt of support for that action.

Best launcher is launcher pro I have used them all and always go back to it as its not only more flexible but its the easiest to use you just hit the menu button on the home screen and its options button is next to the android one.