Corvus 0.5 losing time once switched off?.

Guest Gavjbrown

Guest Gavjbrown

Hi, I sold my Vega recently and the buyer now says that it loses the time when switched off.

I have been running corvus 0.5 for a while and never had this trouble. The buyer did put Modaco R8 on it and then noticed this time problem, so reverted back to Corvus 0.5 but he tells me its still the same.

What can be done to rectify this.

Guest trevor432990
Hi, I sold my Vega recently and the buyer now says that it loses the time when switched off.

I have been running corvus 0.5 for a while and never had this trouble. The buyer did put Modaco R8 on it and then noticed this time problem, so reverted back to Corvus 0.5 but he tells me its still the same.

What can be done to rectify this.

Tell them to install an app called ClockSync off the Market and that should resolve it when in range of wi-fi. Had the same problem on r7 until I loaded this app and not really sure why clock got reset each time to this day.

Guest Gavjbrown
Tell them to install an app called ClockSync off the Market and that should resolve it when in range of wi-fi. Had the same problem on r7 until I loaded this app and not really sure why clock got reset each time to this day.

Thanks for that, I have passed the app name on to the buyer. He seems to think I have sold him a faulty unit and is asking for a refund.

Guest extrememonkey
Thanks for that, I have passed the app name on to the buyer. He seems to think I have sold him a faulty unit and is asking for a refund.

If you mean that when the device is turned back on from standby (screen off) then this is a common problem with the vega.... Also the battery percentage will also stick.... After a few mins usage this rectifies itself.

I think this is one of the last things that the device updates when turned back on whereas on most other devicesthis is one of the first things

Guest trevor432990

As Monkey says it is a known issue with the Vega so your unit is not faulty and I expect it will be resolved by new firmware in due course. :)