Problems with Micro SD card(s)

Guest sodium1

Guest sodium1

I appear to be getting the same error from all of my Micro SD cards i use in my vega.

As soon as i got my vega i wanted to upgrade the memory, i did this by purchasing a cheap 32gb one off ebay, i was not aware that it was a fake card, and i was starting to get errors and the vega would hang or crash after i have installed about 3 gig of data. I managed to get my money back for the fake card ( also managed to keep the card as well ) and continued to use the original 4gb card that came with the Vega until i can find time to get another one when i went shopping. I was then having the same problems with the original 4gb card !!

I went shopping this morning and i got myself a new PYN 16gb card, promptly installed it when i got home, and it has just done the same again !!! I now have 3 Micro SD cards all showing that the card is damaged when installed in the vega.

I am using 140411-2012-r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-656e46a0fd975177a23ff8e88bedb3a6 if that helps anyone to offer any advice. Cheers

Guest sodium1
If you haven't done so already try reading through the posts in these topics there might be a clue as to what to do in them somewhere :)

Many thanks for the advice...so if there is 1 file that is not as it should be, the whole SD card is corrupt ?? All i am putting on the card is some Tv programmes i have downloaded with tTorrent..I wonder if tTorrent is causing this problem ??

Guest trevor432990
Many thanks for the advice...so if there is 1 file that is not as it should be, the whole SD card is corrupt ?? All i am putting on the card is some Tv programmes i have downloaded with tTorrent..I wonder if tTorrent is causing this problem ??

Haven't played around with my SD card myself yet but having read posts from other people it seems you have to be careful where you buy them from and also make sure you format them correctly before inserting into the Vega. As for the videos again you need to make sure these are in a compatible format for the Vega ... just do a search for 'video format' and there are a number of posts on that subject. You might want to consider using a USB stick to hold them rather than the SD card. Anyway have a read through what's been said before and if you still have any questions just come back and I'm sure someone can help resolve them.

Guest simonta

Are you unmounting them properly before removing? The default file systems in Android do not like having removable storage taken out without being unmounted.

Guest sodium1

Thank you for your reply's...It seems that the new 16gb card is now actually formatted ok and its in the vega. I was not aware of the vega needing to have its removable storage unmounted properly, and i am not performing that task each and every time i remove the pc link cable...it may well of solved the problem as i have added some AVI files one by one and it seems to be ok...i shall try more tomorrow. Thank you.