Full Backup/Restore

Guest chrispazz

Guest chrispazz

After installing a lot of programs, my TF did not switched on anymore.

I had to full reset it wiping all data and making it like new.

Is there a way to full backup applications and settings and then restore them?

Guest Johnrg
After installing a lot of programs, my TF did not switched on anymore.

I had to full reset it wiping all data and making it like new.

Is there a way to full backup applications and settings and then restore them?

You need to root your device, using the How to Root you Transformer method detailed by Paul in this forum, and then install Titanium Backup from the market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...e=search_result

I use this on my Desire when changing ROM's, and will use it on the Transformer when it finally arrives.

This will allow you to fully back up an application. This is then stored on the SD card.

You can then restore it at any time you like. Its a great app, and I'd recommend buying the full version, which is about £3. This will allow you to schedule the backups, have multiple backups and even store you backup files on dropbox!

A very useful app in deed :)

Hope this helps.

John

Guest chrispazz
TY, I just rooted my tf and now will try Titanium.

Thanks

No luck.

Titanium requires Root access and Busybox but on rooted transfer cannot get full root access..... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mamoulian
Busybox installed.

Now works!

Ty

Does it back up market links? Mine shows yellow smiley faces, which means no market links :-\

Guest Abnormal1

Both MyBackup Pro and Titanium Backup fail to backup market links. Hopefully they will both be updated to support Honeycomb soon.

Guest iamdarren

doesnt it store the backup on the internal memory though? Do we need to transfer files over to removable sd.

When i wipe to install a rom, my data on internal memory wipes. I know what your thinking, just flash over the top. But couldnt this result in rom issues?

Guest Abnormal1

Mybackup you can set the storage location to the removable card but titanium backup you do need to copy it off the sdcard partition to sdcard. Otherwise if you wipe your tablet in clockwork it will wipe the sdcard partition.