Broken screen?

Guest psul

Had my vega under a week. Just turned it on to see a white line running down the screen about an inch from the left hand side. It occasionally flickers but doesnt go away even after restart.

Unless anyone knows different I assume it needs replacing?

If so, as I bought online do I have to send it back to dixons or can I return it to a local currys or pc world?

Guest trevor432990
Had my vega under a week. Just turned it on to see a white line running down the screen about an inch from the left hand side. It occasionally flickers but doesnt go away even after restart.

Unless anyone knows different I assume it needs replacing?

If so, as I bought online do I have to send it back to dixons or can I return it to a local currys or pc world?

I believe you can just return it to your local shop and they will handle the return/replacement from there. Too bad you hit that problem

Now its intermitent.

Not there at the moment but occasionally comes and goes.

is this a common problem? Pretty upset really as I'm loving this tablet.

Guest premieral
Now its intermitent.

Not there at the moment but occasionally comes and goes.

is this a common problem? Pretty upset really as I'm loving this tablet.

no its not common so arrange to take it back to your local store and exchange it, its to much fun to put up with niggles :)

Guest princeotter
no its not common so arrange to take it back to your local store and exchange it, its to much fun to put up with niggles :)

They should replace on the spot as yours is less than a month old. Had to get mine replaced due to broken volume button (mine was first batch in November) and they tried to say it should be sent away for repair so I told them its a Code 5 (replace from stock) - if you're convincing enough it works - well it did for me so got a new one there and then

Edited by princeotter

They should replace on the spot as yours is less than a month old. Had to get mine replaced due to broken volume button (mine was first batch in November) and they tried to say it should be sent away for repair so I told them its a Code 5 (replace from stock) - if you're convincing enough it works - well it did for me so got a new one there and then

Dont have a local dixons though (which is where I got it from) but there is a currys/pc world.

Would they deal with it as it is still dsg group or would they refuse and tell me to contact dixons?

Guest premieral
Dont have a local dixons though (which is where I got it from) but there is a currys/pc world.

Would they deal with it as it is still dsg group or would they refuse and tell me to contact dixons?

Call the online helpline they will tell you where to take it

Looks like I'm losing my vega!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rang up,they told me it cannot be returned to store for exchange due to differing online prices.

It has to be collected but they have no more in stock so they will collect and then contact me to discuss my options.

Not looking good