help with booting into recovery

Guest polly69

Guest polly69

Ive finally managed to use the easy installer to get clockwork recovery to work, my issue is that i can boot into recovery from within the device but have had no luck at all when holding down the back button and power it either boots into Android or the screen lights up for a few seconds and goes off. Ive read the guides and everything else i can find about how its done but cant get it to work please can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Guest simonta
Ive finally managed to use the easy installer to get clockwork recovery to work, my issue is that i can boot into recovery from within the device but have had no luck at all when holding down the back button and power it either boots into Android or the screen lights up for a few seconds and goes off. Ive read the guides and everything else i can find about how its done but cant get it to work please can someone tell me what im doing wrong.

Forgive me, but it's really annoying to have a new post, asking a question answered in the very first post of the easy installer.

to boot into recovery click the recovery icon in your app draw

You cannot boot Clockwork from key presses

Guest polly69
You can only boot into clockwork recovery with app

So what have i been reading about holding back button and power? what does that do, ive read loads of stuff its not just some noob question the reason i asked is what happens if you cant access Android to boot into recovery do you have to flash back to stock, using the vol down and the power i could boot into recovery on my desire.

Guest Minimonkey
So what have i been reading about holding back button and power? what does that do, ive read loads of stuff its not just some noob question the reason i asked is what happens if you cant access Android to boot into recovery do you have to flash back to stock, using the vol down and the power i could boot into recovery on my desire.

That's Nvflash recovery for returning to stock (different to clockwork recovery) see Myadventvega.co.uk