Transformer hardware mod - 40 pin connector pinout anyone?

Guest cloud9ine

Guest cloud9ine

Does anyone have info on the pinout of and mating connector for the 40 pin connector? I believe this connector has HDMI, USB, and the charging lines. If we could figure the pinout, we could make some hardware peripherals including USB hub, WHDI transmitter, etc.

Anyone who has played with it has this info?

Guest SilentMobius
Does anyone have info on the pinout of and mating connector for the 40 pin connector? I believe this connector has HDMI, USB, and the charging lines. If we could figure the pinout, we could make some hardware peripherals including USB hub, WHDI transmitter, etc.

Anyone who has played with it has this info?

Well the pinouts are one part, the other is getting hold of one of the connectors. I can't even find anywhere that will sell the existing 40-ping to usb cable (and I'd really like a spare)

I wonder if you could get the keyboard hinge/latch/connector assembly as a spare part, I'l like to make a wall dock so I can use the TF101 as a music controller for a party jukebox.

Guest SilentMobius

Looks like some new accessories have been announced:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/04/27/here-...es-and-add-ons/

The USB-host block looks the most interesting, assuming it cheap enough it might be worth getting to tear down, or just use intact in automation/dock projects.

Unless the Transformer takes off in a big way I can't see that 40-pin connector turning up anywhere else.