Can i get the old keyboard back??

Guest medialinx

Guest medialinx

After spending an evening playing with. My Vega with cyanogen 7 installed I think it is great, but the keyboard that has come with cyanogen is awful..

It keeps putting in foreign accents and numbers when i am not in numeeric mode. It also repeats charactees and is unnussable..

Is theere a way to revert back to tthee old froyo vega keyboarrd as seeen in modaco r8?

Thank you..

Graham.

Guest trevor432990
After spending an evening playing with. My Vega with cyanogen 7 installed I think it is great, but the keyboard that has come with cyanogen is awful..

It keeps putting in foreign accents and numbers when i am not in numeeric mode. It also repeats charactees and is unnussable..

Is theere a way to revert back to tthee old froyo vega keyboarrd as seeen in modaco r8?

Thank you..

Graham.

Not sure about reverting to the old stock keyboard because like most people I've used Keyboard Pro off the Market since I got the Vega and that gives a pretty good choice so might be worth a look? :)

Guest medialinx
Not sure about reverting to the old stock keyboard because like most people I've used Keyboard Pro off the Market since I got the Vega and that gives a pretty good choice so might be worth a look? :)

Just installed smart keyboard trial and it is just what I was looking for.

Only problem now is that market place crashes when I try to buy any application. Problem with the vending module. Can I buy Alps through the browser and get them pushed to the tablet?

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

Guest trevor432990
Just installed smart keyboard trial and it is just what I was looking for.

Only problem now is that market place crashes when I try to buy any application. Problem with the vending module. Can I buy Alps through the browser and get them pushed to the tablet?

Thank you for your help.

Graham.

You're welcome. Yes you can log into the Android Market on your PC and it will download/install apps direct to your Vega if it's turned on. Wonder why the vending module is playing up?

Guest medialinx
You're welcome. Yes you can log into the Android Market on your PC and it will download/install apps direct to your Vega if it's turned on. Wonder why the vending module is playing up?

Not sure Trevor. Just installed a new nightly so will keep an eye out. Many thanks. Graham.

Guest Zebrahead
Not sure Trevor. Just installed a new nightly so will keep an eye out. Many thanks. Graham.

If you want the stock keyboard back, simply look in one of your ROMS downloaded in the past (r8 should have it, so should Corvus).

Move the file <whatever rom you have>/files/system/app/LatinIME.apk to your SD card, and install it.

Good luck,

Zeb ^^

Guest warriorscot

The cm7 keyboard is the stock check the language and dictionary settings. But smart keyboardpro is what I use quite a lot the NI keyboard is also worth a go.

Guest medialinx

Hi warriorscot[

I see what you mean however it is not the same stock keyboard as the one in r8. I have installed keyboard pro and that seems better. Thanks for your help.

Graham.

quote name='warriorscot' date='Apr 26 2011, 17:13' post='1682185']

The cm7 keyboard is the stock check the language and dictionary settings. But smart keyboardpro is what I use quite a lot the NI keyboard is also worth a go.