Cyanogenmod 7 and Flash Video problem

Guest medialinx

Guest medialinx

I recently switched from 2.2 froyo from Modaco to Cyanogen 7 gingerbread. I have just noticed that all flash videos are stuttering on playback. I also installed a fish live wall paper which ran fine on modaco r8 but also stutters on cyanogen.

I see from searching the web thatquite a few people are having the same problem. I am using adobe flash 10.2 which I had to install from marketplace as I could not get it to work otherwise. I also noticed that flash is not working in the stock browser at all for some reason. It does work in skyfire but I get stuttering. Iplayer stutters too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Graham.

Guest MotherSpyder
I recently switched from 2.2 froyo from Modaco to Cyanogen 7 gingerbread. I have just noticed that all flash videos are stuttering on playback. I also installed a fish live wall paper which ran fine on modaco r8 but also stutters on cyanogen.

I see from searching the web thatquite a few people are having the same problem. I am using adobe flash 10.2 which I had to install from marketplace as I could not get it to work otherwise. I also noticed that flash is not working in the stock browser at all for some reason. It does work in skyfire but I get stuttering. Iplayer stutters too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Graham.

I had the same issue with several versions of CM7. Mad Murdoch says that he doesn't have this issue at all, but a couple of posters at XDA have confirmed that they do. I tried wiping, clearing and re-installing from scratch several times over but had no joy. Ditto for trying three different versions of Flash (two on 10.1 and one on 10.2), and formatting the SD card. Anything displaying in Flash was unbearable. Funnily enough I only had this issue with CM7, no other ROM I've tried. I'm currently on the CorvusNewbe_5 ROM, and have never been happier. Now that CM7 is on Official Nightly's I'll keep an eye on it, as I'm fond of Gingerbread and the various tablet-friendly tweaks.. but Corvus and Newbe5 have made an astounding ROM and I'm sticking with it as my Numero Uno choice for a while yet.

Edited by MotherSpyder