Warranty of Advent Vega

Guest PraveenVS

Guest princeotter
Is the warranty of Advent Vega Voided if paul's custom rom is installed ?

Not sure quite what the legal position is but certainly there has been indications from DSG representatives that it is the hardware that is under warranty and that it is 'expected' that the software will be modified. In any event if there is a warranty issue you just wipe the SD card and reflash to stock and no one will be any the wiser. Had no problem when I took mine back for exchange (even discussed Modaco with the guy at the CS desk....)

Guest warriorscot

So far nobody has had any problems and they have said they don't mind however they might change that with overcllocking now.

So no it doesn't void it at the moment but you can always flash a clean rom on it.

Guest PraveenVS
Not sure quite what the legal position is but certainly there has been indications from DSG representatives that it is the hardware that is under warranty and that it is 'expected' that the software will be modified. In any event if there is a warranty issue you just wipe the SD card and reflash to stock and no one will be any the wiser. Had no problem when I took mine back for exchange (even discussed Modaco with the guy at the CS desk....)

Thank you for the information. I bought my Advent Vega today and i might install Paul's custom ROM later. I need to get used to it.

Cheers.

Guest mintvilla
Thank you for the information. I bought my Advent Vega today and i might install Paul's custom ROM later. I need to get used to it.

Cheers.

just a note though, with every other manufacturer, putting custom roms on, will void the warranty. (incase people are looking at their htc desire's and its pitaful low memory)

This is the only product where putting custom roms is sorta actually encouraged - though thats fair game, they know everyone wants the android market, and there not allowed to put it on the device, so they allow this hackery to go on, which is mighty good of them i recon.

Guest Qwertymon
Is the warranty of Advent Vega Voided if paul's custom rom is installed ?

No it is not, the software is never covered on any dsgi products, at the same time if you badword up because you knackered a rom installation and dont read the vega website for fixing it you'll be charged £30 to fix it.

Again for the second time tonight talking as a soon to be decommissioned techguy

Guest mintvilla
No it is not, the software is never covered on any dsgi products, at the same time if you badword up because you knackered a rom installation and dont read the vega website for fixing it you'll be charged £30 to fix it.

Again for the second time tonight talking as a soon to be decommissioned techguy

*offtopic*

btw, i see you have the lg optimus 2x, how are you getting along with it? am due an upgrade from my htc desire, and since i have a tegra 2 vega, and have bought a few of the tegra zone apps, was thinkin of gettin a tegra 2 phone, and the lg is about the only one really. if you could pm me so dont hijack the rom would be very grateful