u8230 128 / 256 question

Guest ganker

Guest ganker

Hej

Can anyone help me clarify once and for all if 2 different u8230 models exist?

I bought one and the specs on the vendor site said 256 mb ram. But then i saw topics regarding af 128 mb version unable to to flash a 256 mb version?

So I got to thinking if the vendor got things wrong here and was pushing the newer model on the site but sold me and older version :mellow:

When I check my device info I get 80mb internal memory total with about 20 free.

I did search the forums but found now clear answer, only more stuff that confused me.

thanks in advance for any input.

Guest ganker
RAM_capacity: 128 MiB

ROM-capacity: 256 MiB

That is the specs for the u8230 (well, the ones which you might be searching for)

I think I need a clue as to correctly check and assess my own ram rom sizes. I have tried a few apps but the different info i get from those apps is confusing. Boils down to how can I evaluate what i got.

a adb command line perhaps?

yup.

Guest Casterina
I think I need a clue as to correctly check and assess my own ram rom sizes. I have tried a few apps but the different info i get from those apps is confusing. Boils down to how can I evaluate what i got.

a adb command line perhaps?

yup.

urm you could just check the version of which your phone is by going on settings and then about phone..

RAM_capacity: 128 MiB

ROM-capacity: 256 MiB

That is the specs for the u8230 (well, the ones which you might be searching for)

i have 8230 with 256 RAM and 512 ROM :mellow:

Guest ganker
i have 8230 with 256 RAM and 512 ROM :mellow:

I did check all the usual stuff via the phones sw info. so how do u know for sure it has 256 ram where did u check and what results did u get.

leto kan u post a screen of your memory, internal memory results from f.eks. droidinfo

Guest ganker
i have installed a2sdgui and it has sysinfo.

and all of task cleaners say that my device has more than 100 mb free ram

you are the man! thank you.

se mine aint rooted so i cant use a2sdgui or take a snap for u, i used another info app. but my stats are way way different and what I bought boasted 256 mb ram. So what ive been sold is was not what was advertised.

my stats:

internal mem: 105.25MB (64.39 MB free) (rom part for data??)

RAM: 96 MB Free: 24 MB (the ram part itself after system cache has taken what it need etc.)

threshold ram 16.0 mb

thanks leto! :mellow:

Guest Casterina
you are the man! thank you.

se mine aint rooted so i cant use a2sdgui or take a snap for u, i used another info app. but my stats are way way different and what I bought boasted 256 mb ram. So what ive been sold is was not what was advertised.

my stats:

internal mem: 105.25MB (64.39 MB free) (rom part for data??)

RAM: 96 MB Free: 24 MB (the ram part itself after system cache has taken what it need etc.)

threshold ram 16.0 mb

thanks leto! :mellow:

You guys are lucky :'( I have to use a SWAP partition for my phone because i only have 100mb :'(

Guest ganker
You guys are lucky :'( I have to use a SWAP partition for my phone because i only have 100mb :'(

leto is the lucky one :mellow: wish i had hes phone instead.

Guest ganker

leto is the lucky one :mellow: wish i had hes phone instead. is yours a 8230?

Guest jeddy1

dont worry! pulse is still nice for normal day-day use;).beside keep some money every day or week or month and buy a new one:)(not pulse of course:D)

EDIT:no ,his phone is u8220(pulse).u dont see?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest Casterina
dont worry! pulse is still nice for normal day-day use;).beside keep some money every day or week or month and buy a new one:)(not pulse of course:D)

EDIT:no ,his phone is u8220(pulse).u dont see?

Haha yeahh :D I purchased the phone when it first came out :/ I should of waited for a bit LOL :mellow:

Nevertheless, its still a great phone :o

Guest ganker
Haha yeahh :D I purchased the phone when it first came out :/ I should of waited for a bit LOL :mellow:

Nevertheless, its still a great phone :o

LOL yeah just saw that dude u got a 8220 we on about the 8230. funny

Guest ganker

This has all ended with me being offered to return the phone or recieve a 10 pound refund.

I opted for the refund, as I cant find a value for money for like this one :mellow: