how can i move and install apps to external microSDHC?? i have 32gb card

Guest alinush95

Guest Rusty!

With 1.5GB internal storage, why would you want to?

But as it stands, you can only move them to the internal SD card, not the external one.

Guest speedme
i have a 32gb microSDHC class 6 but i cant move or install apps to it pls help!

Download "Move2SD Enabler" from the Market (it's free!).

After installation, you can move apps from your internal storage to your external SD card.

Note that not all apps can be moved and/or will work when they are moved to your SD card (widgets for example).

Guest Rusty!
gues i have to install a custom rom :mellow:

Won't help you. The only way you could get apps on your external SD would be apps2ext. It's completely unnecessary in all honesty.

Guest katun79

Are you sure to move your data to a class 6 microsd???

I have a 16GB class 10, and It's slower than internal sd.... VERY slower!!!

I think you don't need to move apps to your sd, use that space for music and video! :mellow:

Guest Squide
Are you sure to move your data to a class 6 microsd???

I have a 16GB class 10, and It's slower than internal sd.... VERY slower!!!

I think you don't need to move apps to your sd, use that space for music and video! :mellow:

Exactly !

In my opinion, all apps should be installed on internal SD, as it is way faster.

For me, external SD is use for nandroid backup, media storage or file transfer.. if the file is too big to send via bluetooth

Guest Stevvie
Exactly !

In my opinion, all apps should be installed on internal SD, as it is way faster.

NOT when you have a good Class 10 card. BOTH my internal and and class 10 16 gig cards Write at around 12MB/s and read at 21MB/s(internalSD) and 28MB/s(external SD) So the actual loading time should be a little faster from the class10 card. Weather that comes across in real life is another matter.

Guest katun79
Dropbox!

That's not a good way if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or your 3G sucks! :mellow:

There are a few apps that add wireless file transfer on the market, I'll try them one day...

Guest alinush95

btw i noticed a big problem when i copy the music from PC to it,after the lg scans for media, i check de music folder and it is empty!!!?!?!?!?!? and i dont know why but on internal memory the music stays and idea whats the problem????

Guest Stryke69
btw i noticed a big problem when i copy the music from PC to it,after the lg scans for media, i check de music folder and it is empty!!!?!?!?!?!? and i dont know why but on internal memory the music stays and idea whats the problem????

Is it still empty when you insert it in the PC again? Maybe a faulty sd card?

Guest alinush95

ya,and i have googled this problem and more have this problem even on 16gb cards, after they copy and put in phone some folders are empty........im starting to regret i bought this smartphone

Guest Stevvie

i have seen this before when I had my ZTE Blade. I would copy a bunch of pics onto the card in a NEW folder. I put the card in the phone and BAM ther folder is empty. I have not once experienced it on my O2X yet.

Guest MeX_DK
That's not a good way if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or your 3G sucks! :mellow:

Thats what WiFi is for :o.

Guest amacrobie
i have seen this before when I had my ZTE Blade. I would copy a bunch of pics onto the card in a NEW folder. I put the card in the phone and BAM ther folder is empty. I have not once experienced it on my O2X yet.

It's very important that you eject the card properly using the OS; it's quite possible that the changes to the cards file allocation table hadn't been committed if you pulled the card immediately after copying.

hth.

Edited by amacrobie

• 1 month later...
Guest JustChillin21

Has there been a valid solution to this. I know what he's going through, I have Navigon and it of course downloads the whole north america, so that takes up a bit of space. As well as A couple gameloft games, it leaves me with a little space left. I'd preferrable like to stick drop box on my external sd card since speed isn't much of an issue for that, will see if i can do it manually, but if not, are there any other suggestions...

Guest Stikkontakt

you can mount folders on your external card in folders on your internal card. For example if you have a folder for maps called "nav" you can move that folder into your external card, then run mount /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD/nav /mnt/sdcard/nav from a terminal. You have to do this on every reboot though, unless you can make a startup script.

Or, by editing vold.fstab you should be able to switch the cards, so that the external takes the place of the internal (/mnt/sdcard)

Guest JustChillin21
you can mount folders on your external card in folders on your internal card. For example if you have a folder for maps called "nav" you can move that folder into your external card, then run mount /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD/nav /mnt/sdcard/nav from a terminal. You have to do this on every reboot though, unless you can make a startup script.

Or, by editing vold.fstab you should be able to switch the cards, so that the external takes the place of the internal (/mnt/sdcard)

ok, cool... thanks... not much of a scripter, yet.... but we'll see... that so does make sense cause that's what they do with the _ExternalSD linking