Full ROOT For Transformer (POST OTA)

Guest Buzing Bee

Guest iamdarren

I was told on irc to use CHMOD 666 NOT 755 and then my superuser started working. So i giess it just couldnt write changes to enable the root for each application.

Guest Provolino
If I understand it correctly, as Paul has included the blobv5 in his latest hr4 ROM, then using the 'fake-flash' method of installing CWM then flashong the hr4 ROM will give me a fully rooted device?

Is this correct - seems easier than following this guide.

Ok, installed hr4 using paul fake-recovery beta...

I can confirm it updates boot as well installing real custom recovery Clockworkmod 3.0.2.8, so no needs to keep the fake-recovery zip file in the sd card anymore :mellow:

Guest c0sk

i cannot get the # symbol..why?? i've done everything

edit: i get the # but when I run md5sum i get error..can someone help me?

Edited by c0sk

Guest Deus_ex11
i cannot get the # symbol..why?? i've done everything

edit: i get the # but when I run md5sum i get error..can someone help me?

If you read the root method fully, you will need to get a md5 checker and do that part manually on your windows. Look for the file 'cwmblob_retransfer' in your adb platform-tools folder and check the MD5 is a match. If it matches then you can continue with the instructions.

EDIT: Managed to download it

EDIT: I got to step 4 "4. run “adb shell” followed by “/data/local/gingerbreakBB” "

I keep getting a 'device not found message", when I exit CMD and enter again, the device is recognised !

Edited by Guest

Guest c0sk
If you read the root method fully, you will need to get a md5 checker and do that part manually on your windows. Look for the file 'cwmblob_retransfer' in your adb platform-tools folder and check the MD5 is a match. If it matches then you can continue with the instructions.

Thanks a lot i succesfully rooted my devicee :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baseballfanz

Can't seems to get into CWM recovery.

Done all the steps, I have root but when holding vol down + power button doesn't take me to CWM recovery

Guest mrat
Can't seems to get into CWM recovery.

Done all the steps, I have root but when holding vol down + power button doesn't take me to CWM recovery

You have to press volume up within 5 secs once the small writing appears on the screen.

Edited by mrat

Guest baseballfanz
You have to press volume up within 5 secs once the small writing appears on the screen.

Yeah it's pretty tricky but I got it working. To save me times and headache I bought Paul's recovery app.

Get into CWM with a push.:P

Guest wilx01

Hi

I'm looking to root mine, but unsure of the version number . The Guide says

UPDATE 4/5/2011: New blob released! This blob is intended for latest firmware update (V8.2.3.9) and fixes the camera/bluetooth issues!

Where do I get my version number?

is it the Build Number... Mine is HRI66.WW_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511

Is this the version? Does it matter mine is .13? Does it matter if mine is world wide?

Thanks

Edited by wilx01

Guest fisha21
is it the Build Number... Mine is HRI66.WW_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511

Is this the version? Does it matter mine is .13? Does it matter if mine is world wide?

Thanks

Yep, your build number shows you are running the 8.2.3.13 firmware. This is the latest firmware and, so far, hasn't been rooted. You will need to downgrade to firmware 8.2.3.9 before you can root. Once you're rooted though, there are a few custom ROMs based on .13, so you won't be downgraded for long!

Guest Buembel

hey,

I've downgraded to .9,

and I get this:

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

288418341817217 device

C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb push gingerbreakBB \data\local\

failed to copy 'gingerbreakBB' to '\data\local\': Read-only file system

What should I do?

/e: nevermind, the "\" s were wrong...

Edited by Buembel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shingers5

well after much hair pulling i finally did it OMG! LOL not sure what was up with the thing but all went well but upon reboot i wasnt getting the blue progress bar indicating that CWM was flashing. went back to beginning removed boomsh and sh then re did the whole process and now i am HAPPY! HR7 flashed and working sweet! very happy bunny