Semi-dead USB connection

Guest vicsterscon

Guest vicsterscon

Hey Everyone,

So last night i seems like one of my USB ports went ballistic, and raised hell on my phone.

The phone died complete for some time, but after unpluggning the battery for a good 15 minuts and reinserting i managed to get the phone to boot back up.

The phone is working per se. and it does detect that it has been plugged in to the computer but there is no life what so ever on any of my computers. no "device detected" or "NO NAME" drives popping up.

So i decided that i wanted to "Stockify" it and return it. but i can't even get the SmartFlash app to see the phone.

APX is detected when holding volup+voldown but the Apps does not register the device on any of my 3 computers.

Would there be an alternative way to flash

Stock Baseband

Stock ROM/kernel

Remove Recovery

Without direct access from a computer ?

Kind Regards

Vicsterscon

Guest ParanoidSPV

You have tryed with another cable just to be sure it is not that simple... Can see you have testet on more then one computer.. :mellow:

Guest vicsterscon

Yep, i have tried different cables.

different operating systems also

OSX 10.6 and W7

Starting nvflash app and doing --sync provides a response. but Smartflash wont detect the phone

Guest vicsterscon
You could possibly get an update.zip that will restore system/boot/recovery but baseband you're probably stuck with.

Thanks Rusty!

But.. =)

Final try succeeded!

So i:

*Changed to a 3rd USB-cable (mind you that the 2 previous ones worked perfectly! and still work with other stuff)

*Downloaded the NVflash recovery paul has posted

*Unplugged the battery

*Held VolUp+VolDown

*Ran the *.bat file

it started but then failed (like it lost connection) -

So i thought wtf ?!?!

Then i:

*Held VolUp+VolDown and kept holding them down

*Ran the *.bat file

held the buttons like there was no tomorrow and Wupti ! script kept running and the phone is now operational with Stock.

The baseband is no problem since it is from the official updater.

Thanks guys !