Home screen text on icons

Guest mre15

Guest mre15

Is there anyway to change the text on icons in the home screens to look the same as in the dock.

The dock often gets 2 lines of text and the homepage as a max of about 12 characters.

I have several apps were only the last 2 letters are different and I cant see them.

Its not like there isnt enough space for the text.

Cheers.

Guest trevor432990
Is there anyway to change the text on icons in the home screens to look the same as in the dock.

The dock often gets 2 lines of text and the homepage as a max of about 12 characters.

I have several apps were only the last 2 letters are different and I cant see them.

Its not like there isnt enough space for the text.

Cheers.

Think you need to use a new launcher system to edit titles and layouts in the way you want. If you go to the Market and enter 'launcher' in the search box you will find several. Launcher PRO and ADW Launcher are two popular ones :mellow:

Guest mre15

I am using adw ex at present but still cant find that feature.

Think you need to use a new launcher system to edit titles and layouts in the way you want. If you go to the Market and enter 'launcher' in the search box you will find several. Launcher PRO and ADW Launcher are two popular ones :mellow:

Guest Zebrahead
I am using adw ex at present but still cant find that feature.

I don't think this is something you can change easily. You can't just "extend" the text box of an app label.

What I'd suggest is using an app that allows you to create and rename shortcuts, that way, you'd be able to name each app by their identifying characters?

eg

My-really-long-app-name-1

My-really-long-app-name-2

rename to :

MRLAN1

MRLAN2

So that it fits into the default space?

Zeb