Wind [Greece] official 2.2 upgrade

Guest Superfuzz

Guest Jekle

It is a very big file the Swedish Update was around 100MB... :mellow:

@hecatae What tools can you use in Ubuntu or Windows to extract the .img files I think there Yaffs

Edited by Jekle

Guest Jekle
It is a very big file the Swedish Update was around 100MB... :mellow:

@hecatae What tools can you use in Ubuntu or Windows to extract the .img files I think there Yaffs

It would help if the Upgrader was not in Greek LOL

Something else that was funny, It didn't extract anything from the thing it did from the Comviq and the Telia Upgrader. Seems The Sysdy method is not present in this one.

post-803331-1304101208_thumb.png

Guest kogos

in case it locks back to 256RAM, i was thinking that takin a nandroid of the official "256 locked" rom and then repartitioning according to this, and finally restoring the nandroid backup can get a gen2, official greek rommed phone with 512MB ram. Sounds about right, i only need to get home to test it:)

And the official update files are always a good way to get the phone back to "256 locked" status in case someone cares for warranty issues:)

Another thought could be using the official system.img e.t.c. with the "modified" "partition_zte.mbn" and "appsboot.mbn" files to have a full unlock 512RAM+official froyo updater in one move. Just a thought

Edited by kogos

Guest Superfuzz
It would help if the Upgrader was not in Greek LOL

Uhm yeah nothing special there, it just asks you to enter FTM mode and press that big button.

I would be thankful if anyone knows how to extract the files from that stupid installer, I tried a bit with no success.

It's for Gen1 devices but it probably upgrades you to Gen2, also it locks the RAM down to 256 MB. And yes english menu and keyboard should be available.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest Jekle
is this rom for gen2 devices?

i also presume it has english language, not just greek..?

Well the Updater is in Greek it will support a variety of Languages including English. I Can't figure out how to extract this .exe updater because it doesn't actually extract anything to my knowledge it may just run it from the .exe who knows.

Guest kogos
is this rom for gen2 devices?

i also presume it has english language, not just greek..?

its for gen1 devices (sold with 2.1 installed) and it converts them to gen2 with froyo

the official rom has english+greek support

Guest Jekle
Uhm yeah nothing special there, it just asks you to enter FTM mode and press that big button.

I would be thankful if anyone knows how to extract the files from that stupid installer, I tried a bit with no success.

It's for Gen1 devices but it probably upgrades you to Gen2, also it locks the RAM down to 256 MB. And yes english menu and keyboard should be available.

May I ask you a BIG favour in upgrading your ZTE Blade with this installer and make a Dump of it?

I did try uni extractor that didn't work, With Swedish and Finnish upgrade a hidden folder in the Windows directory was called sysdy, but I don't actually think it extracts anything from the .exe maybe ZTE caught on to the sysdy folder and made some changes to it, who knows

Edited by Jekle

Guest hecatae
May I ask you a BIG favour in upgrading your ZTE Blade with this installer and make a Dump of it?

I did try uni extractor that didn't work, With Swedish and Finnish upgrade a hidden folder in the Windows directory was called sysdy, but I don't actually think it extracts anything from the .exe maybe ZTE caught on to the sysdy folder and made some changes to it, who knows

sysdy was a hidden folder previously, make your windows install show all hidden files and folders, start the greek .exe and search for system.img

Guest Jekle
sysdy was a hidden folder previously, make your windows install show all hidden files and folders, start the greek .exe and search for system.img

Tried... Started the Wind update kept it open and searched with show all hidden files and folders don't get anything related to the Wind 2.2 update.

I'm wondering maybe it doesn't extract anything until the upgrade starts, we need someone with a Greek ZTE Blade to either get the extracted files or make a Dump (the extracted files would be better as more recent radio firmware could be lirking around.

Edited by Jekle

Guest kallt_kaffe

Look in C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Local\Temp\OneKeyUpgrade

After you've pushed the button and it has failed finding your Blade the files end up here.

Guest kogos

After you've pushed the button and it has failed finding your Blade the files end up here.

its only the driver installer in there for me. There is a command prompt windows popping up each time i run the .exe, but it closes too fast and i cant see what its doing.

Guest Jekle

But you can't push the button unless it has detected a Blade?

Guest fonix232

Just got to the same conclusion :mellow: Sadly the WinEnabler method does not work, it won't do anything :S

Guest Jekle
Just got to the same conclusion :mellow: Sadly the WinEnabler method does not work, it won't do anything :S

We've got to get someone to do this for real, I don't see any other options. We cannot edit it to put a backup of Channel1.nvm to keep the IMEI and we needed a patched .exe for the previous Comviq exe so...

Edited by Jekle

Guest fonix232
This looks similar to the program in here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-only-flashing/

maybe even the same, except with an official greek 2.2 ROM included and no clockwork.

Believe us, it IS totally different :mellow:

Mrradmir, again great work on it! Have you managed to grab the flasher too?

EDIT:

Okay, got some more files :o

Edited by fonix232

Guest fonix232
You can find extracted files here: http://www.multiupload.com/SUYCNNAAYL

I can not guess the names for three files:

unknown_194 (170 KB) - dunno what's this

unknown_181.img (3,27 MB) - must be boot.img or recovery.img, not sure which it is

unknown_189.img (3,64 MB) - must be boot.img or recovery.img, not sure which it is

Bigger is recovery, 194 is amrprgZTE.bin :mellow:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0szicq3du6gf236