Desire bricked? - Only fastboot access - how to recover?

Guest Red Sea

Guest Red Sea

I tried upgrading my Orange FR Desire with 2.1 to 2.2 OTA. The upgrade removed the clockwork recovery program, upgraded HBOOT but finally failed to install the update correctly. The necessary files for the bootloader is not working (missing/incorrect) on the phone now.

So, now I am struck with a desire in which I only have HBOOT/Fastboot access + system recovery menu.

Current setting:

BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON

HBOOT-0.93.0001

MICROP-031d

TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101

RADIO-5.10.5.30

Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

CID: ORANG001 (Orange France Desire)

Tried one of the standard RUU and it says that my current ROM version is:

Current information about your android phone: Image version 2.17.61.2

To image version 2.29.405.5

Proceeding further with this RUU, throws up Error [131]: Customer Id Error as expected.

I do not have a gold card with me. Nor do I have a backup with me right now. I guess I had made a nandroid back up sometime ago which should be available some where. Pl. let me know if this nandroid backup can help in any way?

So, can someone help me with the steps to get a working bootloader in place & make the phone boot and work as normal?

Edited by Red Sea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackcoffee85

I don't know for certain but I think you need to fix your CID using the instructions here.

Steps 1 and 2 are probably not necessary if you are already rooted. Step 3 flashes an update zip which repairs the misc partition, containing the CID (Customer ID?)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Red Sea
I don't know for certain but I think you need to fix your CID using the instructions here.

Steps 1 and 2 are probably not necessary if you are already rooted. Step 3 flashes an update zip which repairs the misc partition, containing the CID (Customer ID?)

Thanks blackcoffee85. I managed to reflash the phone using an official RUU and a gold card which I created using another phone. Guess this is similar to the trick you have suggested. It was a Orange branded phone and hence gold card did the trick.

• 4 months later...

Thanks blackcoffee85. I managed to reflash the phone using an official RUU and a gold card which I created using another phone. Guess this is similar to the trick you have suggested. It was a Orange branded phone and hence gold card did the trick.

[/quote

since I have the same problrm with my desire, couuld you kindly upload img of your goldcard, so I can fix my desire (also Orange) I can access it only via c:\fastboot ...... through my computer

I think I've got a similar problem - help (please)!!!

I was fiddling around with the new ICS font this morning. I renamed the existing regular and bold fonts and replaced them with the new fonts. The phone went into reboot and then wouldn't complete. It keeps telling me it's quietly brilliant - I disagree at the moment.

So, I thought, no probs - I'll just load up the clockwork recovery file I made a couple of weeks back. But I go to the bootloader, select Recovery, and the thing just goes to FastBoot. Recovery isn't there. I presume it all went tits up when I ran Revolutionary recently - it's b#ggered the recovery (and ClockWorkMod updated it's recovery just after).

In that the initial Bootloader says HBOOT USB and FastBoot says Fastboot USB, does that mean I can get into the phone with ADB to fix it? Otherwise, will I be able to reload an HBOOT to get recovery back?

I can see lots of threads talking about similar things, but I don't quite know what my starting point is.

Help!