corvus rom running very slow

Guest mre15

Guest mre15

My Vega seem to be running at 216 mhz and wont change and I get benchmark scores of around 655.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this otherthan going back to r8 .

Cheers.

Guest PurpleRob

Set up some profiles i.e. i have one based on time and one when its on charge at the max speed, also another for when the battery is below a certain percentage it then reverts to 1000 ghz and if you are using the widget take it off.

Hope this helps

Rob

Guest ViPaSoft

Why start a new thread for this issue?

You should post it in the Corvus Thread, where it may have already been answered. Or at least where people with Corvus Rom will be looking.

Guest the_corvus
Why start a new thread for this issue?

You should post it in the Corvus Thread, where it may have already been answered. Or at least where people with Corvus Rom will be looking.

Because people dont use search? :mellow:

Use profiles or delete all cpu oc tools and install only setcpu with custom setcpu.txt file.

Guest mre15

For you stuck up forum people, I do use search !

I asked a question in the correct thread about something else a few days ago and no one bothered to answer.

I needed an answer to this quite quickly so I decided to post a new thread as it would get more views and maybe an answer more quickly.

If some people put more effort into helping others out rather than forum abuse these places would be a lot more efficient.

Because people dont use search? :mellow:

Use profiles or delete all cpu oc tools and install only setcpu with custom setcpu.txt file.

Guest newbe5
For you stuck up forum people, I do use search !

I asked a question in the correct thread about something else a few days ago and no one bothered to answer.

I needed an answer to this quite quickly so I decided to post a new thread as it would get more views and maybe an answer more quickly.

If some people put more effort into helping others out rather than forum abuse these places would be a lot more efficient.

The guy who replied to you is one of the people that made the ROM... Is this not helping out enough? Spending hours and hours of our time, but you needed the answer fast, so I guess that's ok...

This has been answered 3 times already in the main thread, eventually we will compile a list of fixes on the first post, but we have not yet had time.

I'm usually pretty patient, but your reply here is just downright rude. You searched really hard hu? << And that is just a quick search with "216 mhz"... Imagine the possibilities if you used different combinations?

"If some people put more effort in to helping others..." ... Seriously?...

newbe5

Guest ViPaSoft

Some forums don't allow newbies to create new threads until they have contributed about 10 or 20 posts in other threads. That certainly cuts down on repeated threads and new users HAVE to search as they can't just jump in and start new threads.

Mind you, those forums are monitored by Moderators, which seem non-existent here. Shame really as this is one of the best forums for VEGA out there, but is getting very, very cluttered and fragmented.

Is there no moderators out there who can tidy things up a little. When was Pauls last post to the forum, other than updating his own posts.

I paid the registration fee to MoDaCo to support the forum, but seem to be getting nothing back from the people who actually receive the fees.

I am still willing, and have done to several devs on this site [including newbie5 and corvus], to make personal donations to show my support to those who produce great roms and apps, but I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription to MoDaCo themselves. I'll save that money for the devs themselves who just keep giving.

All Devs, keep up the great work and I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Guest mre15

I do appreciate all the work of the devs etc, its just forums these days are so bitchy. People seem to spend all there time putting down others.

FYI I have tried setcpu and other programs, only one at a time installed. I set profiles also. It just seemed to jumped back to 216 all the time. Usually after it had been on charge.

I just couldnt seem to get it off 216 with any of them.

I have now reinstalled r8 and running back at 1ghz with no issues, and I will probably stay on this for a while.

It just gets to me latley on all forums where more than half the posts are there to put others down.

Thanks for your help.

Guest simonta
I do appreciate all the work of the devs etc, its just forums these days are so bitchy. People seem to spend all there time putting down others.

FYI I have tried setcpu and other programs, only one at a time installed. I set profiles also. It just seemed to jumped back to 216 all the time. Usually after it had been on charge.

I just couldnt seem to get it off 216 with any of them.

I have now reinstalled r8 and running back at 1ghz with no issues, and I will probably stay on this for a while.

It just gets to me latley on all forums where more than half the posts are there to put others down.

Thanks for your help.

Please try to understand. It is nothing to do with being "stuck up" or "a clique" or "arrogant" or a whole bunch of other rubbish that people spout. Using my own example, I have put hundreds of hours into this forum in an attempt to help others. Why?

1. Because I enjoy being part of building something.

2. Because I take something away from this forum - new tips, new ROMs, fixes etc and when I get something for free, I always try to put more back in than I take away,

3. Because I enjoy helping people, especially newcomers who need more introduction to IT.

4. Because maybe, just maybe, one of the dozens of people I help will "get the bug" and will be the next newbe5, or Corvus or buzzing bee,

The problems are:

1. I have answered many many question and helped many people. I have asked maybe less than a dozen questions, new questions, most of which no-one has ever responded to.

2. The sheer weiight of duplicate posts, same answers being asked over and over again, people who do not try to help themselves, who think "it's a public forum, I'll behave however I want" make finding the important information increasingly difficult. Given that I donate a large amount of my time (15 hours this week on a current project), it is very hard to justify if nothing comes back.

3. This forum has been abandoned by Paul and the mods, but that's OK because like any other social enterprise, the community will implicitly form it's own code of behaviour which stops the place becoming a free for all which has no real value.

The risk of not enforcing this behaviour is that the people who do contribute will drift away. Several have already, I am close to it and I know Corvus is struggling as well so there is a direct and significant impact of not following accepted netiquette.

In your case, you were frankly wrong to start a new thread:

1. For a question which is already answered.

2. Not on the main thread for the topic.

3. Because you somehow supposed that because no-one had answered your question in a time you considered to be quick enough and therefore would start a new topic. Maybe no-one knows the answer (quiite likely) or ignored it because it's already answered already in the thread (equally likely).

This is NOT about any of the things people bleat about, it's simply about trying to get the forum alive and worhwhile whilst pushing the Vega forward in it's capability. The other day, someone hiding behind the anonimity afforded by forums, told me to "get off my perch" and now you are calling people who do so much for the community "stuck up". With respect, it is you who should examine your attitude.

"Bitchy"? Really?

Edited by simonta