[GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only >

Guest Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
A question for Lance:

I've just upgraded my blade to Gen2, with the intention of using either this rom or your other RLS5 phat one. As no doubt you've had an extensive play around with both, it'd be helpful and appreciated if you could give an idea of which you prefer for everyday use, the main differences/advantages of one over the other, etc.

Many thanks.

I use Japanese Spring daily...!

CM7 would be good if it was "trustworthy" as a daily phone. Close, but not close enough just yet.

Guest CrystalLettuce

Got everything working! Someone put a link to this in the first post -

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70118

Download this and flash it, no need to reinstall the rom, gets Market working perfectly.

would have saved me a lot of hassle! Please understand how difficult and frustrating it can be for someone new to this!

Guest Simon O
Got everything working! Someone put a link to this in the first post -

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70118

Download this and flash it, no need to reinstall the rom, gets Market working perfectly.

would have saved me a lot of hassle! Please understand how difficult and frustrating it can be for someone new to this!

If you didn't resize the cache partition then you wouldn't have the problem in the first place.

Guest Kalecgos

Just wanted to say that this ROM is amazing. I had Swedish Spring before and my battery life went from around 2 days to half full in 2 days and still running! (maybe had to do with the exchange sync problem too, but from Swedish Spring the Exchange problem wasn't even acknowledged for MONTHS)

Guest fredronn

This ROM was pretty impressive in terms of battery life. Really good work!

Is anyone experiencing GPS trouble? I can't seem to get a fix at all.

Guest Len Ash
This ROM was pretty impressive in terms of battery life. Really good work!

Is anyone experiencing GPS trouble? I can't seem to get a fix at all.

Are you in "Europe"?

Guest wookie16081965
That makes things less obvious then, the NTP server is the Europe one...

Odd

mine took a while get first fix but been very fast since then as in post 31

Edited by wookie16081965

Guest fredronn
mine took a while get first fix but been very fast since then as in post 31

Switched ROMs and then back again. Must've been an oddity, GPS is working fine now and is really fast.

Guest mcgee

I can't download big apps from the market with this rom. Is this happening with anyone else?

I tried a few roms today and they all run without problems, but when i go back to this rom the problem persists...

Edited by mcgee

Guest wookie16081965
If you didn't resize the cache partition then you wouldn't have the problem in the first place.

ive only ever used your roms or ss5 never changed partition as i dont know how to and have the same problem going to try the zip file.

Guest tightscot

Hi All, wondered if i could ask a noobish question please?

I Have a GEN1 phone, unlocked, rooted etc and running FLBr11b. Been running fine but i'm getting the urge to try something new, and am interested in the potential battery improvements offered by GEN2 roms....

So question : To upgrade my phone to GEN2 and then install this ROM, do i just follow the instructions in Kris Dee's post #146 (page 8 of this thread)

I'm just confused by the GEN2 bit - i mean i can't upgrade to GEN2 without also flashing a GEN2 rom can i? (i.e upgrade to GEN2 but stay using my current rom)

hope that all makes sense to someone!

Guest Pondlife
I Have a GEN1 phone, unlocked, rooted etc and running FLBr11b. Been running fine but i'm getting the urge to try something new, and am interested in the potential battery improvements offered by GEN2 roms....

So question : To upgrade my phone to GEN2 and then install this ROM, do i just follow the instructions in Kris Dee's post #146 (page 8 of this thread)

I'm just confused by the GEN2 bit - i mean i can't upgrade to GEN2 without also flashing a GEN2 rom can i? (i.e upgrade to GEN2 but stay using my current rom)

No sure about any battery improvements from changing tbh. Remember to back up all your stuff first. ;)

Those instructions look good to me. Although I'd use one of the two tpt versions from top of here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/ slightly newer, if you want the light version get the one with the smaller system partition. That thread is pretty thorough about the gen1 to 2 process.

Well you sort of can upgrade to gen2 without flashing a gen2 rom, it won't boot into android though as it won't have any rom on it at all (will have clockwork though). A nandroid backup of the gen1 rom would not work which I guess is what you mean. Need to back everything up. Do a nandroid before you change anyway as you can go back to gen1 and restore it if you don't find any improvement. :P

Guest sansei
Hi All, wondered if i could ask a noobish question please?

hope that all makes sense to someone!

Hi,

I also have the same basic question - Why Gen 1 to Gen 2 ; only for 2.3

Any big reason for switching i.e advantages

My blade is practically empty new UK : flb gen 1 r10

Any suggestion for future course which path to tread and why?

Guest finbaar
Hi,

I also have the same basic question - Why Gen 1 to Gen 2 ; only for 2.3

Any big reason for switching i.e advantages

My blade is practically empty new UK : flb gen 1 r10

Any suggestion for future course which path to tread and why?

I have ran many ROMs since October 2010. For me if you are Gen 1 running Flb Froyo r11 then you should only switch to Gen 2 to experience the 2.3 ROMs (then when you realise they are not that stable you can come back here for r11). I have tried r11b on Gen 1 and Gen 2 and did not notice any battery difference.

2.3 is good for games.

r11 is best for all round daily use.

Guest Ashbeard
I can't download big apps from the market with this rom. Is this happening with anyone else?

I tried a few roms today and they all run without problems, but when i go back to this rom the problem persists...

I couldn't download the ebay app or beautiful widgets and a bunch of other apps. I didn't make the connection to size however. Maybe I had the same problem as you.

Guest rwalton159

So how do I change the size of the phones memory please?

GPS takes a while to get a fix

Is there a better rom?

Edited by rwalton159

• 2 weeks later...

My Blade has some kind of bug in the toolbar notification widgets. If activate the wifi or the gps, it do not show the state on the bar, but it happens randomly.. Any helps? 2 question: there is a way to flash the kernel with overclock feature like the Flb Gen1? Thanks.

Guest probals

Hi Guys,

I must say this is the the best ROM that I have used.

I began my ROM journey with FLB Gen 1 and now come back to this Gen 2 ver. One full circle. In between I have used SS and CM7 (& some others), but nothing beats the battery life of the FLB.

Sure, I miss some neat features of CM7, but I can live without those as long as I get 3X the battery. Only con I can see is that the Wifi & GPS isn't the strong as some other ROMS.

Here's hoping Flibblesan, Len Ash & the others continue updating and bug-fixing this ROM, atleast till the time a stable everyday 2.3 ROM is arrived at.

Cheers!