Win 7 64 bit ADB Drivers

Guest Stevonator

Guest Stevonator

Hey Guys!

Finally got my Advent Vega today thank God !!! May I just say it is spectacular :mellow:

However I am having a bit of trouble updating the ADB drivers for my Vega.

In my Device Manager its showing up as a mass storage device and all the driver downloads I can find are for 32 bit systems. Mine is 64 bit. Also I'm not sure if this is down to the drivers, but I've installed the clockwork mod on the Vega and when it reboots it stays on the screen with the box with an arrow coming out of it and the lil Android fella lol.

Please help :D

Cheers !

Stevonator :o

Guest newbe5
Hey Guys!

Finally got my Advent Vega today thank God !!! May I just say it is spectacular :o

In my Device Manager its showing up as a mass storage device and all the driver downloads I can find are for 32 bit systems. Mine is 64 bit. Also I'm not sure if this is down to the drivers, but I've installed the clockwork mod on the Vega and when it reboots it stays on the screen with the box with an arrow coming out of it and the lil Android fella lol.

Cheers !

Stevonator :D

BEHOLD! AUDI! :mellow:

This should sort everything for you hopefully! Absolutely amazing driver installation tool by simonta.

Vorsprung Durch Technik... Baby.

newbe5

Guest Stevonator

Hey thanks for your replys :mellow:

I've downloaded audi, and I've enabled USB debugging on the Vega however audi says it's not in ADB mode. USB is connected however it's not in a mode where I can copy files back and forth between device and computer if you know what I mean.

Any ideas :o ?

Edit: Also all the programs and drivers included in audi are for 32 bit os's. My Computer cant understand them :D If there are 64 bit drivers for this out there can you point me to them please :D

Edited by Stevonator

Guest Bobby Elliott

I've downloaded audi, and I've enabled USB debugging on the Vega however audi says it's not in ADB mode. USB is connected however it's not in a mode where I can copy files back and forth between device and computer if you know what I mean.

Didn't work for me either. I use an old laptop running XP to install stuff on my Vega. Windows 7 64 bit is pretty standard now on all new PCs but it doesn't seem to play with ADB.

Guest Stevonator
Didn't work for me either. I use an old laptop running XP to install stuff on my Vega. Windows 7 64 bit is pretty standard now on all new PCs but it doesn't seem to play with ADB.

Okay thats pretty annoying lol. Ill be downloading ubuntu tomorrow as i've heard with adb its plug and play. Ill let you all know how i get on. :mellow:

Oh ye is there an easier keyboard to use other then the default vega one as im finding it very hard to speed type with lol. And i see what all you guys mean by douuble letters :o

Guest beegee1962
...Oh ye is there an easier keyboard to use other then the default vega one as im finding it very hard to speed type with lol. And i see what all you guys mean by douuble letters :mellow:

I use NI keyboard and Smart keyboard.

And against double letters, calibrate your screen, the app is sometimes called Screen Calibrator, sometimes TP Utility.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest trevor432990

Any ideas :o ?

Edit: Also all the programs and drivers included in audi are for 32 bit os's. My Computer cant understand them :D If there are 64 bit drivers for this out there can you point me to them please :D

This Win 7 64 bit guide might help also make sure you have the power lead in the Vega when trying to update it. :D

Guest Bobby Elliott
This Win 7 64 bit guide might help also make sure you have the power lead in the Vega when trying to update it. :mellow:

Thanks, Trevor. I will give that a try but I don't see why the power lead makes any difference if you have a decent charge to begin with.

Guest trevor432990
Thanks, Trevor. I will give that a try but I don't see why the power lead makes any difference if you have a decent charge to begin with.

Nor me but everyone says you DEFINITELY need power connection when running in ADB mode so worth a try.

Guest Bobby Elliott
Nor me but everyone says you DEFINITELY need power connection when running in ADB mode so worth a try.

They also say Pope Paul performed miracles. ;-) I'll give it a try. Cheers.

Guest newbe5

nah, you don't need the power plugged in for ADB :mellow:

Guest simonta
Hey Guys!

Finally got my Advent Vega today thank God !!! May I just say it is spectacular :D

Cheers !

Stevonator :D

Stevonator. If ever a noob deserved help, it's you :mellow:

There is no separate download for 64 bit. the driver package is supposed to support 32 and 64 but, I believe that there is a bug in the driver installer.

I've finally managed to build a 64 bit machine for testing and this works for me, every time. PLEASE, anyone who tries this on 64 bit feedback so that I can build this into the guides and AUDI:

Attached is a hacked version of the drivers. I've taken some stuff out that was confusing the Windows installer, not Windows fault, rather a poorly structured INF file. To use these, follow these steps. I apologise that they are high level, I will try to find time to build a new guide like YAUDIG for 64 bit exclusively and as I say, build the automation into AUDI. But I do need that feedback.

For this to work, you must have tried to install the drivers and failed (if it worked, then you don't need this right :o). Search for YAUDIG and follow the guide for Windows 7. It will either work, or get you to the point where you need these steps:

1. Make sure that the Vega is in debug mode and plug it in.

2. Run AUDI and don't do anything except select Next Step and delete all drivers. Don't let AUDI try to install the drivers.

3. Click start, type devmgmt.msc and when it appears in the search results, right click and seelct run as administrator.

4. Unplug the Vega and plug it back in. A new device should appear, "NVidia Harmony Driver" with an exclamation mark.

5. Right click this device and select Uninstall. If offered, also select delete driver files.

6. Right click your PC at the top of device manager and select add legacy hardware

7. Select manual installation, don't let Windows search for drivers, then select Android Phone

8. Click next and select have disk. Browse to the drivers I have attached.

9. Select "Android Composite ADB Interface", click next.

10. Accept the caution from Windows.

Come back here and post results!

Thanks

Guest simonta

Hi Trevor. Actually, it's only needed for recovery. ADB does not require power to be plugged in... cheers

Guest Stevonator
This Win 7 64 bit guide might help also make sure you have the power lead in the Vega when trying to update it. :D

Trevor thank you so much for pointing me to that post it has worked like a charm. Just incase anyone else is reading this and wondering why it's working for me and not them. The only difference I had between the link Trevor provided and my Windows 7 64 bit machine was that I had to right click and Uninstall the driver Android Debug Interface first. And check the box which says delete drivers. Then rescan for new Hardware changes at the top of the device manager. It appeared as Nvidia Harmony however when you update it it works fine and like a charm :mellow: Guys seriously I know many of you know how to use device manager but read his instructions to the letter otherwise you will be needlessly trying to get it working when the answer is right there :o

Thanks guys the people here are truly amazing :D

Stevonator

Guest trevor432990

You're welcome glad you got it going despite my erroneous message about power supply (thanks Simon & newbe5) and hope you can now enjoy the Vega :mellow:

Edited by trevor432990

• 4 years later...
Guest ukracer
On 4/30/2011 at 0:31 AM, trevor432990 said:

Sadly that guide is no longer linked.  :(  I have exactly the same problem but cant solve it Arrggg.