fix proximity sensor battery drain after usage on acer based froyo roms

Guest fear_factory84

Guest fear_factory84

There is a long standing bug on acer's froyo roms with proximity sensor that drain battery after it's first usage.

You can see the bug simply using an app that enables prox sensor, or do a call (android system process) and you will get a very high percentage on battery usage statistics.

Normally this percentage would be decreased by the time, but since the acer libsensor has this bug, it will reach 99% of usage in a short time.

Today I flashed lcr-e 1.8.2, and tested that proximity sensor worked well without this problem. Comparing libraries they were different:

4a7fc8e45e65f3b560ac194db7906ac6 ./system/lib/libsensor_yamaha.so

65495ab1045682b0246e2f119161a50e ./system/lib/hw/sensors.salsa.so

flashed these libraries on top of fear_4.008.08.VFIT, and the bug disappeared!!! Yeah!

Using z-devicetest app, all works correctly.

Attached are zips to flash eclair libraries and froyo ones back if you have problems.

Please tell me if they work or they have collateral effects.

ps: it should work also on cm7_1.4.25_oldsensor.zip from koudelka, I have not tested it, but in theory since he used acer libs, it should work..

fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_eclair_sensors.zip

fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_froyo_sensors.zip

Edited by fear_factory84

Guest mAdkoE

Thanks man,

going to flash it asap.Are in the zip the old libs or the bugged ones?

Edited by mAdkoE

Guest fear_factory84
Thanks man,

going to flash it asap.Are in the zip the old libs or the bugged ones?

_eclair zip are the old libraries that work, froyo ones are those who work bad, you can use them to return back.

Guest joten
ps: it should work also on cm7_1.4.25_oldsensor.zip from koudelka, I have not tested it, but in theory since he used acer libs, it should work..

also works with your version of cm7?

Guest sundawg
There is a long standing bug on acer's froyo roms with proximity sensor that drain battery after it's first usage.

You can see the bug simply using an app that enables prox sensor, or do a call (android system process) and you will get a very high percentage on battery usage statistics.

Normally this percentage would be decreased by the time, but since the acer libsensor has this bug, it will reach 99% of usage in a short time.

Today I flashed lcr-e 1.8.2, and tested that proximity sensor worked well without this problem. Comparing libraries they were different:

4a7fc8e45e65f3b560ac194db7906ac6 ./system/lib/libsensor_yamaha.so

65495ab1045682b0246e2f119161a50e ./system/lib/hw/sensors.salsa.so

flashed these libraries on top of fear_4.008.08.VFIT, and the bug disappeared!!! Yeah!

Using z-devicetest app, all works correctly.

Attached are zips to flash eclair libraries and froyo ones back if you have problems.

Please tell me if they work or they have collateral effects.

Fear can we use this on 4.002.14 rom or it just works on ur VFIT rom's? and will this work along koud's 1.4.25? u think i should give it a try? thanks for your efforts appreciate it :mellow:

Guest fear_factory84
also works with your version of cm7?

no, because it uses roggin's libsensor, if you use cm7_1.4.25_oldsensor you could use them.. (cm7_1.4.28_fear is the 1.4.25 build with roggin's libsensor and prox sensor disabled on kernel)

Fear can we use this on 4.002.14 rom or it just works on ur VFIT rom's? and will this work along koud's 1.4.25? u think i should give it a try? thanks for your efforts appreciate it :mellow:

it works on all the acer froyo roms. sensor libraries in 4.002.14 and 4.008.08 are identical.

fear_factory84

I compared by content your files and the same in LCR-F 2.0, they are completely identical.

files in the froyo zip are of course the one in lcr-f 2.0. That zip is made to restore them in case of problems.

Guest Probie wan kenobi

@fear_factory84

Noob question: Is this patch useful flashed on top of 4.008 stock BIN or it works well only on custom ROM?

Anyway, i have just been flashed, going to test it.

Guest treyguitar

Good job fear :o Flashed on t&l 4.002, sensor works will let you now if the bug arises again :mellow:

Anyway, those libs are only for the prox sensor?

Guest fear_factory84
@fear_factory84

Noob question: Is this patch useful flashed on top of 4.008 stock BIN or it works well only on custom ROM?

Anyway, i have just been flashed, going to test it.

there are no differences on stock roms regarding sensors libs.

Good job fear :o Flashed on t&l 4.002, sensor works will let you now if the bug arises again :mellow:

they are for all sensors, accelerometer, compass, magnetometer, light and proximity.

Guest sundawg
Good job fear :D Flashed on t&l 4.002, sensor works will let you now if the bug arises again :mellow:

yep this fix is for prox sensor..only ..its pulled up from lib's of eclair rom as they were stable .. :o

oops my bad fear..as u mentioned in first post about prox sensor ..so my thoughts was about only for proxy..b.w great job...:D

Edited by sundawg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fear_factory84
Work They with CM7 thepasto kernel Andrea fix?

you should have luck using those builds by koudelka called "oldsensors". they are in the discussion about cm7.

Just replace libs on top of that.

• 4 months later...

Hey, can u explain me just a bit.

I have liquid s1 with froyo rom from liquid e unlocked for S1 (OS_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_Pass_A1).

I then patched kernel with mt fix and swap support, this one.

Then I noticed some nice drain after using phone a bit one day.

Looked at ASI (android system info) and it showed me that proximity sensor usage was 75 mA.

I found your patch and applied fear_4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT_eclair_sensors.zip from malez.

Now ASI shows me proxymity sensor usage 76 mA.

AM I DOIN RIGHT?