new root, blob V5

Guest iamdarren

Guest iamdarren

Just making you aware if you didnt know, ive been on the irc room tonight, very productive.

ive flashed the full root, and recovery CWM, which was on v4, there were issues with the bluetooth, camera.

ive now adb'd blobv5, which has improved all

im still on Mcr Hr3 and its running like a dream

androidroot.mobi is down at the moment, so here what i did..

load cached version of site.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=uk&strip=1

get the v5 blob

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb1d72d/n/CWM_BLOB.V5

3. follow the steps making sure that yoou replace the BLOB_V4 with BLOB.V5

reboot

done

Edited by iamdarren

Guest dictionary
Just making you aware if you didnt know, ive been on the irc room tonight, very productive.

ive flashed the full root, and recovery CWM, which was on v4, there were issues with the bluetooth, camera.

ive now adb'd blobv5, which has improved all

Confirmed working here as well, running another 4/23 based ROM. Didn't do the root section again, but all is well. Tried gingerbreak, but never got the text like I did originally .. so I assume that went through fine. Thanks for this!

Edited by dictionary

Guest iamdarren

no problem, i was waiting on Hr4 for the fix, but maybe this is all we needed? Solves the issues for now :mellow: I was just lucky to be on irc.freenode when it came up

Guest dictionary
no problem, i was waiting on Hr4 for the fix, but maybe this is all we needed? Solves the issues for now :mellow: I was just lucky to be on irc.freenode when it came up

So was I, but I'm glad it's fixed now. :o Now I'm just looking forward to this "soon" for HR4 and Kitchen.

Guest N23

ahm, how does the recovery interfere with the android os?

as far i know the CWM_BLOB only affects the recovery, so why should this change bluetooth and the camera?

Guest Tenny

as far i know the CWM_BLOB only affects the recovery, so why should this change bluetooth and the camera?

I don't know but I can confirm it solved my camera issue.

Guest Abnormal1

I have had a suspicion that the blob contains radio as well as recovery. Have no actual proof though.

Guest foxmeister

I can confirm that this worked for me, though I admit that I should've asked for the MD5 first.

Anyway, it worked, so all good there. For anyone else, please check the MD5 sum first unless you are prepared to risk a brick!

The MD5 for the blob linked above is: 8c9ef19b726e76fd73de4632db7e4288

Regards,

Dave