[MOD] Circular Battery Percentage Mod for Fr19 RC1

Guest Squide

Guest Squide

Be SURE, you're using Fr19 RC1

ALWAYS Nandroid Backup First in case you change your mind or experience a boot loop.

install via Clockworkmod and enjoy~!

For Stock Theme, Black Status Bar (no toggle buttons)

Download: Fr19batt_mod.zip(5.71MB)

Download: Fr18 version

EDIT: The images and xml I used... just take this as reference and modify them to suits your need.

Download: batt_mod_res.zip(356KB)

Credits:

modaco's Paul for the Fr19

xda's MaliciousKen for his percentage battery mod

xda's dohanin for pointing me to use APKtool 1.3.1 instead of 1.3.2

xda's brut.all for his APKtool

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the tutorial about how to port your own:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download "batt_mod.zip" from above for later use.

2. Download APKtool v1.3.1 from here.. APKtool Web Site

(Pay attention to "Installation for noobs" and "Usage" section and you'll know how to use)

3. From your Phone, pull the "\system\framework\framework-res.apk" to your computer.

(i.e. using Root Explorer copy the mentioned file to SD, then to your computer via USB mass storage)

4. Decompile the copied "framework-res.apk" using APKtool v1.3.1

(running the command "apktool d framework-res.apk" in a command box)

5. Modify "stat_sys_battery.xml" and "stat_sys_battery_charge.xml" under "framework-res\res\drawable" to suits your need.

6. Put the corresponding image files into "framework-res\res\drawable hdpi v4"

7. Compile the modified "framework-res" folder using APKtool v1.3.1

(running the command "apktool b framework-res" in a command box)

8. Locate your newly compiled "framework-res.apk" under /dist/

and using it to replace the "\system\framework\framework-res.apk" in my "Fr19batt_mod.zip"

9. Put your own "Fr19batt_mod.zip" into your external SD and install via ClockWorkMod.

(Always Nandroid backup before install to stay out of bootloop)

GOOD LUCK :mellow:

Edited by Squide

Guest Raven1

It looks great. I think I will try it out, and thanks for the guide! But I dont get it might remove Music Controls and the control buttons.. The music controls I would likely perfer to remove, but the control buttons are great(wifi,bt,gps and rotation anyway, sound is lame since it only has vibrate or sound, and vibrate is NOT quiet..).

Guest Squide
It looks great. I think I will try it out, and thanks for the guide! But I dont get it might remove Music Controls and the control buttons.. The music controls I would likely perfer to remove, but the control buttons are great(wifi,bt,gps and rotation anyway, sound is lame since it only has vibrate or sound, and vibrate is NOT quiet..).

Try pulling your own framework for modification... it's interesting~

And you'll always sure your framework file is matching with your ROM version.

Guest djmcnz

It has silent mode, it obeys the setting in 'Settings | Sound | Vibrate ' - set it to never.

Guest conceptics

Here's the tutorial about how to port your own:

1. Download "batt_mod.zip" from above for later use.

2. Download APKtool v1.3.1 from here.. APKtool Web Site

(Pay attention to "Installation for noobs" and "Usage" section and you'll know how to use)

3. From your Phone, pull the "\system\framework\framework-res.apk" to your computer.

(i.e. using Root Explorer copy the mentioned file to SD, then to your computer via USB mass storage)

4. Decompile the copied "framework-res.apk" using APKtool v1.3.1

(running the command "apktool d framework-res.apk" in a command box)

5. Modify "stat_sys_battery.xml" and "stat_sys_battery_charge.xml" under "framework-res\res\drawable\" to suits your need.

6. Put the corresponding image files into "framework-res\res\drawable hdpi"

7. Compile the modified "framework-res" folder using APKtool v1.3.1

(running the command "apktool b framework-res" in a command box)

8. Locate your newly compiled "framework-res.apk" under /dist/

and using it to replace the "\system\framework\framework-res.apk" in my "batt_mod.zip"

9. Put your own "batt_mod.zip" into your external SD and install via ClockWorkMod.

(Always Nandroid backup before install to stay out of bootloop)

Hi Squide,

Thanks for this guide.

I have attempted to make my own "battery-mod" with a bit of success so far. The tricky thing is, when I follow your steps above, I always end up with an APK mod that doesn't boot up. The odd thing is, apktools compiles without error and I have tried decompiling the apk off my phone (from FR15) and then compiling it again. The result is always an APK that doesn't boot.

The only way I have successfully been able to add my own 'battery mod' is to open the framework-res.apk with 7zip and then simply to drag and drop my PNG files into the apk, replacing the icons I want to change. Then pack that into your ZIP file and voila, flash works and the phone boots up.

This hasn't really been an issue so far, though now that I am getting accustomed to changing my icons, I also want to change the XML files.... and for that, I need to be able to compile. :S

Any advice on why my own compiled APKs don't boot? Am I missing something?

BTW: I'm using 1.3.2 - I assume that shouldn't make a difference?

DUH: Found the error. Use 1.3.1 as stated above and it works. :mellow: :o

Edited by conceptics

Guest iMaxime

Can we install this mod on the Modaco Vanilla version ? Because there is the grey status bar... not the black

I hope because I like this mod :mellow:

Guest Squide
Can we install this mod on the Modaco Vanilla version ? Because there is the grey status bar... not the black

I hope because I like this mod :mellow:

could you please upload your current "framework-res.apk" file?

then, I'll try to modify for you.

Guest Atomicman

Thanks for your how-to! Was waiting for this already some time.

Did all you wrote. Got all files from XDA-developers.

I got no errors or whatever, but i got bootloops - any idea why this could be?

EDIT:

I should read the whole post first, sorry...

Here is the direct link to Version 1.3.1 and now it works perfect - THANKS!!!

http://android-apktool.googlecode.com/file...l-1.3.1.tar.bz2

Edited by Atomicman

Guest iMaxime
The file is uploaded, please try and see if it works~ :mellow:

Nandroid backup first

For the Vanilla version, all is OK except the color of numbers. There are white/grey, and it's a little bit difficult to see on the grey bar.

Can you make percentage numbers in black ? This will be so cool :o

Guest BatfinkUK1

Hello,

Please can you explain exactly what modifications I am required to make to "stat_sys_battery.xml" and "stat_sys_battery_charge.xml" under "framework-res\res\drawable\" . And also

a little more about putting the corresponding image files into "framework-res\res\drawable hdpi" ?

Sorry to ask such noob questions but I'm new to all this.

Thank you.

Guest Squide
Hello,

Please can you explain exactly what modifications I am required to make to "stat_sys_battery.xml" and "stat_sys_battery_charge.xml" under "framework-res\res\drawable\" . And also

a little more about putting the corresponding image files into "framework-res\res\drawable hdpi" ?

Sorry to ask such noob questions but I'm new to all this.

Thank you.

Try to decompile both mine and yours framework-res.apk

compare the two files and you'll know.

Guest achim w.

Hi thank you so much.

I tried it and everything worked out just fine. I used my own framework-res.apk and modified it as you explained. And here I am having a nice circular battery icon and still am able to use my toggle and music buttons I find so convenient :unsure:

post-881726-1304978587_thumb.pngpost-881726-1304978774_thumb.png

Edited by achim w.

Guest amoebe
The number is almost invisible on vanilla ROM.

i have the same problem with grey numbers. black numbers would be better. can someone help?

Guest amoebe

...i tried this in the uot kitchen (i´m noob) but it didn´t work! here are the steps:

1. uploaded the framework-res.apk from the modaco vanilla edition (took from system folder of my p990)

2. modified it with the uot kitchen (battery percentage)

3. choosen a new bootanimation (for trying)

4. downloaded the zip file

before flashing i saw that there were different folder locations in hte .zip from uot kitchen:

- framework

- meta-inf

- system (/ressources/bootanimation.zip

in the vanilla file system the "framework" folder is in the "system" folder and the the "bootanimation.zip" is in "system/media" folder.

so i changed it and folders in the .zip are now:

meta-inf

system (with "framework/framework-res.apk" and "media/bootanimation.zip" in it)

flashing didn´t work. i tried the original .zip that i got from uot kitchen - didn´t work. i used cwm to flash...

is the meta-inf the problem? the order of the folders?

what is the error???

Edited by amoebe

Guest zeroflow

Is there a chance that we get a update for FR18 ?

I tired to make "my own" Battery mod (like i did for FR17) - but at FR18 apktool keeps crashing at building the new apk

plus the FR18 framework-res.apk has got another format, the drawable-hdpi folders now got a "v4" appended...

-- Thomas

Guest Paja.HK

Hi guys,

how did u manage to make it work?

I tried LG Fr17 with apktool 1.3.1, I have a drawable-hdpi-v4 folder after decompile.

I followed steps and manually push modified framework back to device, but keep loop at boot. I tried to decompile & compile framework without changes, but keep loop at boot too.

EDIT: Hi guys, I found this guide:

Market app theming

After compiling, I need to move META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from original APK to new APK with 7zip. Now all works. I just wonder how it works for u guys before. :P

Edited by Paja.HK

Guest Squide

I'm using the same method stated in the first post...

copy the "framework-res.apk" from my phone..

decompile using APKtool 1.3.1

replace the two xml with my own.. under drawable

put those image files into drawable hdpi v4

compile again ... replace the framework-res.apk inside the batt-mod.zip with the newly compiled one

nandroid backup

install via clockworkmod

reboot, done :P