alphabetical app menu

Guest Junior Bear

Guest Junior Bear

picked up this phone last Thursday. very happy with it.

i take it that its not popular yet and people are still getting to grips.

but is there any way of getting the grid application menu to display alphabeticaly. instead of in order of install date??

Guest JamesKing

but is there any way of getting the grid application menu to display alphabeticaly. instead of in order of install date??

Move each icon manually :mellow:

Guest pete.major

The only easy to get an alpha list is to use the list view... press the menu key and choose list view.

Annoyingly it doesn't remember the setting after rebooting the phone.

Whoever designed a non sorting view as default should be fired in my opinion lol

Guest freakonaleash78

erase data of touchwiz

Guest freakonaleash78
it doesn't seem to be in the applications list in settings menu?

search on "all applications" is there

Guest Junior Bear

ok I did that. it put the apps list in a different order. but beware who ever tries this. it puts the home screen back to factory defaults. so you will lose any home screen customization

Guest blueflash
ok I did that. it put the apps list in a different order. but beware who ever tries this. it puts the home screen back to factory defaults. so you will lose any home screen customization

I'm getting to like it, re-arrangeing my apps by type on different pages , games, kids games, music etc..

• 5 months later...
Guest sirlunlun

I have the same problem. I have set the application sequence in applicaion menu, but it will reset the sequence after rebooting the phone. Please help!

I cannot do it "erase data of touchwiz"

erase data of touchwiz

Edited by sirlunlun

Guest JamieTom

I'm getting to like it, re-arrangeing my apps by type on different pages , games, kids games, music etc..

I spent ages re-arranging my 150+ apps into different pages that made sense to me. Then I got a slew of updates and most of the updated apps were re-arranged to appear at the end of the list. This was the one main thing that annoyed me with TouchWiz - so much so that I switched to Go Launcher EX and I've not looked back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Annieb_101

hi guys :) my apps show in a long list rather than different pages, do you know how i can revert back to the page view rather than the list view? i turned my phone off n when i turned it on everything had changed :/ please help :) x

Guest Androidlover287

hi guys :) my apps show in a long list rather than different pages, do you know how i can revert back to the page view rather than the list view? i turned my phone off n when i turned it on everything had changed :/ please help :) x

Click menu while in the app list and then click grid view.