Gingerbread for ZTE V9 or Light

Guest passiopk

Guest passiopk

Hi,

I have bought new ZTE Light and wanted to update it to 2.3 Gingerbread. I am looking for option as i am new to android world. I looked at ZTE site and forum and look like ZTE is not posting any new update for this. Could anybody help me in this ?

//Pushkar

Guest slapnuts
Hi,

I have bought new ZTE Light and wanted to update it to 2.3 Gingerbread. I am looking for option as i am new to android world. I looked at ZTE site and forum and look like ZTE is not posting any new update for this. Could anybody help me in this ?

//Pushkar

It was literally just updated to 2.2 you will be waiting a very long time, if ever for an official update.

Guest kallt_kaffe

It is possible to compile CM7 for the V9/Light but the biggest show-stopper seems to be that the input event handling is completely rewritten i Gingerbread so the tslib touchscreen calibration won't work with it. I'm not sure any device with resistive screen (that doesn't have the calibration parts in the kernel like the Tattoo) can run Android 2.3 because of this. :mellow:

It boots and most stuff seems to work fine but the calibration is so bad that it unusable. Also the virtual keys does not work.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest passiopk

Thanks kalle for the update. Even thanks for the 2.2 upgrade you posted it was really helpful. I am pretty satisfied with 2.2 performance and will stick with it for a while.

//Pushkar

Guest sane?
It is possible to compile CM7 for the V9/Light but the biggest show-stopper seems to be that the input event handling is completely rewritten i Gingerbread so the tslib touchscreen calibration won't work with it. I'm not sure any device with resistive screen (that doesn't have the calibration parts in the kernel like the Tattoo) can run Android 2.3 because of this. :unsure:

It boots and most stuff seems to work fine but the calibration is so bad that it unusable. Also the virtual keys does not work.

Hmm, is that the extent of Gingerbread that doesn't work?

If that were all then it would almost be worth getting some kind of wrapper sorted, particularly since "Ice Cream", 2.4 will likely use the same event handling. Maybe ZTE could support, if they really want to play ball with user base.

Why can't Google get their device driver model sorted? It should be *that* complicated should it?

Guest Nicke

I have tried kallt_kaffe's CM7 on my Light and as he said, everything seems to work but the screen calibration is way off.

Camera and so on works.