help please!

Guest claire4shortie

Guest claire4shortie

Hi,I'm needing help to get my phone working with the lg updater.my

phone works fine with pc,connects no problem.it

doesnt connect after i install the updater and the drivers,i have installed,reinstalled,done a system restore but still cant get it to work,phone isnt connected when drivers are installed as per instructions,i really dont know what i am doing wrong? Im using Windows XP sp3 .

Mass storage isnt on either

Edited by claire4shortie

Guest new123

Hi claire,

Am I right in assuming frmo the sound of what you have said that you are trying to update your phone to android 2.1 from 1.6?

Do you get any error messages or anything when you are trying to connect the phone?

Let me know whats happening and I will do my best to try and help you.

Guest claire4shortie

Hello,yes I

am.since installing the driv ers from lg the pc isnt even recognising my phone,it used to connect no problem now it doesnt show usb connected on my phone and the pc is showing my phone in device manager as usb device with a yellow question mark,I have tried different ports but get the same thing,tried installing through device manage but i get usb device the data is invalid.

Guest claire4shortie

Hi,it says usb device. But now only one usb port is working grrr pc was fine till i put in the

lg drivers

Guest new123

Have you been having any problems with the USB ports on the PC prior to this?

It would most likely be easier to try and walk through this step by step with you to see exactly what is going on, if that would be of any use to you? As I would assume its not currently being of much help to you when you have to post here adn wait for ages until I get online to reply.

If you want to try and walk through it step by step and I will hopefully get this workign with them then drop me a PM and we can go through together via an instant messenger or something along them lines, if that would help you?