viewsonic 10s - help needed

Guest MpegTv

Guest MpegTv

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy tablet such as Advent Vega but unfortunately in my country I can only get Viewsonic 10s & Point of View Mobii.

Therefore I would like to ask you if it is possible to use the same ROMs on Viewsonic 10s as for Advent Vega?

I`d like to upgrade such device with R8 rom.

Please post some links with instructions if the answer is positive.

Thanks,

.....MpegTv...

Guest Shaizer

Yes it is possible, I believe they are the same device under different name and use the same nvflash method so you can flash most the roms on this site and xda. Enjoy! :mellow:

Guest beegee1962
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy tablet such as Advent Vega but unfortunately in my country I can only get Viewsonic 10s & Point of View Mobii.

Therefore I would like to ask you if it is possible to use the same ROMs on Viewsonic 10s as for Advent Vega?

I`d like to upgrade such device with R8 rom.

Please post some links with instructions if the answer is positive.

Thanks,

.....MpegTv...

+1 I have the Viewpad 10s and I was running Cyanogenmod CM7, CorvusVega5, MoDaCo r8 and all of them run on my Viewpad 10s.

Only small problem is that I have a internal 3G modem which is at the moment not working with CM7 and CorvusVega5 ROMs. Its running well with the stock ROMs, MoDaCo r8 and my own ROM, which is based on stock ROM.

Guest MpegTv
+1 I have the Viewpad 10s and I was running Cyanogenmod CM7, CorvusVega5, MoDaCo r8 and all of them run on my Viewpad 10s.

Only small problem is that I have a internal 3G modem which is at the moment not working with CM7 and CorvusVega5 ROMs. Its running well with the stock ROMs, MoDaCo r8 and my own ROM, which is based on stock ROM.

Hi,

Could you post me some links with instruction how to mod Viewpad 10s with CM7, Corvus and R8?

thanks,

...MpegTv...

Guest warriorscot

Just the same instructions as for any other tablet all the models are the same in that respect.

If you are getting one I would get a PoV as they as far as I know all that the built in PCI adapter for 3g even if the module itself isn't installed which the vega doesn't have at all so I am not sure about the viewsonic.

• 4 months later...
Guest BigCat.hk

Dear BeeGee,

Did u flash Vegacomb to your Viewsonic 10s? Well, someone is selling his Viewsonic 10s (3G + wifi), which is flashed to "Honeycomb" 3.2 (as a selling point). I am quite interested. When I ask him about whether it can surf the Net without Wifi, he replied that he switched it back to stock 2.2.

Hence, I want to check for myself - Viewsonic 10s is using which internal modem.

BigCat