[ROM] 06-05-11 Ganbaro ROM V0.3b for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Guest beegee1962

Guest beegee1962

Japanese.png

Ok, here comes the version 0.3 of my Ganbarou (頑張ろう [gambaroo] = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM.

This ROM is made for tablets like pov Mobii, Viewpad 10s, Smartsurfer 360 MN10U, that have an internal 3G modem and GPS. Of course it works on similar tablets like the Advent Vega, XVision, ...

My main goal is to get a ROM that gives full support to 3G and GPS and be as stable and fast as possible.

Download link:

Ganbarou ROM V0.3

Screenshots, changelog and tips:

Ganbarou (頑張ろう = Japanese for "Try your best!!") ROM V0.3

Changelog V0.3b

• Added NTFS automount (Again many thanks to the_corvus for the scripts)
    • New kernel - CorvusKernel 0.2 (Many thanks to the_corvus for compiling a stock version of his very fast kernel)
    • Bluetooth problem solved
    • Changed file manager from Astro to standard Android file manager (taken from CM7 ROM).
    • Removed NI keyboard (can be downloaded and installed from here)
    • Name spelling corrected :mellow:
      source]:
      Method 1:

• Get SetCPU from the market (or here from XDA) and select autodetect on the first start (if you have started earlier, must press menu and press the left button "device"). Then you can move the slide to 1500000 (or whatever speed you want). You can define profiles as well. Seems to work on my ROM.

Method 2:

[*]Download CPU Meter from market. It must detect the freqs and let you use them. Don't change any other parameter, use at your own risk.

USB host mode [source]:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the difference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

Have fun and give me feedback.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.

THIS ROM RUNS BY DEFAULT ON 1.5GHZ OVERCLOCKING. GET SETCPU OR CPU METER FROM THE MARKET TO REGULATE THE SPEED. PERMANENT OVERCLOCKING MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR TABLET. YOU GOT THIS WARNING HERE AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR TABLET ENDS UP BURNING.

Some screenshots:

Some screenshots:

SetCPU-300x175.pngBluetooth-300x175.png3G-1-300x175.png

Edited by beegee1962

Guest pumo

Great work, works like buick !

bluetooth, usb all, and its even faster than 0.2.

little problems with VTL, but its propably VTLs or merlins fault. if I add bookmark in merlin to desktop it goes to original launcher and not to VTL.

Thanks!

Edited by pumo

Guest beegee1962
Great work, works like buick !

bluetooth, usb all, and its even faster than 0.2.

little problems with VTL, but its propably VTLs or merlins fault. if I add bookmark in merlin to desktop it goes to original launcher and not to VTL.

Thanks!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

It's only faster because of CorvusKernel 0.2. I am not compiling kernels or ROMs, only putting the pieces together.

What is "Merlin"? I know VTL still has some bugs, because I love scrollable widgets, but when I add more than 3 to different screens, VTL gives me FC from time to time. ZEAM launcher would be an alternative, but they removed support for scrollable widgets.

Guest pumo

It's only faster because of CorvusKernel 0.2. I am not compiling kernels or ROMs, only putting the pieces together.

What is "Merlin"? I know VTL still has some bugs, because I love scrollable widgets, but when I add more than 3 to different screens, VTL gives me FC from time to time. ZEAM launcher would be an alternative, but they removed support for scrollable widgets.

I meant miren browser :mellow:

Guest beegee1962
Work fine, thanks for it.

Is automount included or no???

Automount of what?

USB sticks (not NTFS) are mounted automatically. Cannot test other USB devices as I do not have them.

Guest beegee1962
ntfs doesn't work. :mellow:

There is a possibility to get them mounted, but it is not automatically. Corvus explained me how, but I need to find it again.

Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage to use NTFS beside of file sizes?

I never had the need to use NTFS on a storage device I use with a phone or tablet.

Guest pumo

little experiences after three days of use.

couple times tablet freezes and only thing that helps is pressing power button long time and start again.

different soft.

last time when it freezed, I had latitude running with 3g and I was doing about 1hour something else, when getting back to tablet display get on but nothing didnt work, no back, no power button or sweeping display.

miren browser has also freezed couple times.

and question about gps, is it so poor, today I get to drive and tablet was in my cars dashboard so it should be get good gps signals, it was in 3g data connection so it should be helped, but now. afted 15min/15km driving it connected.

has anybody opened tablet, could it have external gps antenna connection ?

about maps/latitude if I press check connection button, after waiting for location there comes right after it says that

"your current location is temporarily unavailable." I mean without gps on.

same thing if I use 3g or wifi. and with my htc desire z it works immediately, and my pc also.

Edited by pumo

Guest beegee1962

couple times tablet freezes and only thing that helps is pressing power button long time and start again.

different soft.

last time when it freezed, I had latitude running with 3g and I was doing about 1hour something else, when getting back to tablet display get on but nothing didnt work, no back, no power button or sweeping display.

and question about gps, is it so poor, today I get to drive and tablet was in my cars dashboard so it should be get good gps signals, it was in 3g data connection so it should be helped, but now. afted 15min/15km driving it connected.

about maps/latitude if I press check connection button, after waiting for location there comes right after it says that

same thing if I use 3g or wifi. and with my htc desire z it works immediately, and my pc also.

About the freezes, I have them as well, still trying to find out what the reason is. Hope its not the kernel, because I don't think Corvus has time to check it, he is busy with Honeycomb port.

For GPS, I cannot test anything, my Viewpad has none.

[Edit]

Are you overclocking you tablet. I have the feeling freezing is less at 1GHz. When I put the tablet on 1.5GHz and run stress test in SetCPU the tablet freezes aftert 5 minutes, on 1GHz it run without freezes.

[/Edit]

For location without GPS I am not sure, I got location with 3G on, but nether with WiFi. Need more tests.

Edited by beegee1962

Guest pumo

ok I will use bluetooth gps when its needed :unsure:

I did install CPU Master (Free) for clocking down, I've been using at max 1.2GHz.

I will test it at 1Gh then..

Guest Hasanpb

different soft.

About the GPS, I have the same problem, I think that problem is in antenna, but I didn`t find antenna or connector for external antenna inside :) so I`ll continue with investigation :unsure:

Guest pumo
About the GPS, I have the same problem, I think that problem is in antenna, but I didn`t find antenna or connector for external antenna inside :) so I`ll continue with investigation :unsure:

was it difficult to open, and do you have any pictures from gps module or information ?

if antenna could be somehow extend.

dont think its not sirf3 chip in it.. :P

Guest slash131111

great work beegee...

i try this rom on my tablet(zyrex onepad) similiar to advent vega(modem 3G includ)..,

i have test bluetooth,wifi,and 3G data(searching signal very fast), it better than stock rom..

edit:galery dont work, my picture,etc.. dont show in galery..:)

thx..

ps: sorry for my bad english,..:unsure:

Edited by slash131111

Guest beegee1962
great work beegee...

i try this rom on my tablet(zyrex onepad) similiar to advent vega(modem 3G includ)..,

i have test bluetooth,wifi,and 3G data(searching signal very fast), it better than stock rom..

edit:galery dont work, my picture,etc.. dont show in galery..:)

thx..

ps: sorry for my bad english,..:unsure:

No pictures in Gallery? That is strange, just opened it on my tablet and it shows all my pictures on SDcard. Did you try another picture viewer like QuickPic from the market?

Try to unmount your SDCard

Menu->Settings->SD card & device storage settings->Unmount SD card

then

Menu->Settings->SD card & device storage settings->Mount SD card

Are the pictures showing after that?

Guest slash131111

problem solve, i reformat my sdcard, and then recopy my picture back to sdcard, and it show in galery..,

thx beegee for the respon..:unsure:

Guest beegee1962
problem solve, i reformat my sdcard, and then recopy my picture back to sdcard, and it show in galery..,

thx beegee for the respon..:unsure:

Did you try the unmount/mount first and it did not work? Strange that you had to reformat your sdcard.

Anyway, glad that it works now for you.

Guest slash131111
Did you try the unmount/mount first and it did not work? Strange that you had to reformat your sdcard.

Anyway, glad that it works now for you.

yes, i try it first, but still my picture don't show in galery..:)

so, i try reformat my sdcard, and it work,...:unsure:

i try to install v. 0.3 and it's very fast rom, great work. Only bug that i've founded is that when it go to suspend mode it seems off (black screen). i must press long time power button to wake up it.

Guest pumo
i try to install v. 0.3 and it's very fast rom, great work. Only bug that i've founded is that when it go to suspend mode it seems off (black screen). i must press long time power button to wake up it.

I have noticed this also.

not every time but about 1 time from 5 it wont wakeup

Guest beegee1962

I have noticed this also.

not every time but about 1 time from 5 it wont wakeup

That is really strange, didn't see this before. Did you try to press volume down (sorry, not documented) to get it out of suspend mode?

Anyway, as in Suspend mode the WiFi and 3G are switched off, I propose to use BackLightKiller. It switch off the screen and keeps the system running. Together with SetCPU set to 216MHz min value this is good for power saving. Not as good as Suspend, I know.