Corvus - USB Mount issue

Guest phoenix40uk

Guest phoenix40uk

Hi Folks:

Kudos on an excellent ROM. I have been using Modaco R8 up till now and have been able to mount usb devices al;beit only FAT32. I flashed Corvus/Newbe rom and have booted into USB host mode and my Fat32 flash drive light is flashing - only cannot see the device mounted in file manager.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to gt this working?

Thanks

Scott

Edited by phoenix40uk

Guest MaxiP

Try looking in root of device as opposed to USB mount on SD card). I have my NTFS drive mounted and can access via iFileManager / Astro by navigating to /usbdisk (or /mnt/usbdisk) as opposed to where MCR ROM mounts (/mnt/usb/system_usb)

HTH

Guest phoenix40uk
Try looking in root of device as opposed to USB mount on SD card). I have my NTFS drive mounted and can access via iFileManager / Astro by navigating to /usbdisk (or /mnt/usbdisk) as opposed to where MCR ROM mounts (/mnt/usb/system_usb)

HTH

No luck I'm afraid. I have installed the USB mode indicator and it definitely shows host. Light is flashing on usb device but nothing mounted in /usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk or /mnt/usb/system_usb

Edited by phoenix40uk

Guest the_corvus

1) Test the stick in a pc

2) install connectbot and exec

su

mount

and you will get a list of mounted partitions. One in /mnt/something is your stick.

Corvus.

Guest phoenix40uk
1) Test the stick in a pc

2) install connectbot and exec

su

mount

and you will get a list of mounted partitions. One in /mnt/something is your stick.

Corvus.

I get thr following from thr mount command in connectbot

rootfs /rootfs ro,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

none /acct cgroup rw relatime,cpuacct 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

none /dev/cpuct1 cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock3 /system yaffs2 rw,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:25 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,

llow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:25 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,

llow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=0000 0 0

/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.rovio.angrybirds-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=

p437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.derekentringer.bigfartbutton-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=

Device has been tested on a pc, is visible using Modaco R8 (FAT32 format).

Guest the_corvus
I get thr following from thr mount command in connectbot

rootfs /rootfs ro,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0

none /acct cgroup rw relatime,cpuacct 0 0

tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0

none /dev/cpuct1 cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock3 /system yaffs2 rw,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/mntdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

/dev/block/vold/179:25 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,

/dev/block/vold/179:25 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,

tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=0000 0 0

/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.rovio.angrybirds-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=

/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.derekentringer.bigfartbutton-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=

Device has been tested on a pc, is visible using Modaco R8 (FAT32 format).

What is the size of the stick?

Try to boot with the stick connected and run the same commands

If doesnt work, exec:

su

logcat

And connect the stick, then post the text.

Corvus

Guest phoenix40uk
What is the size of the stick?

Try to boot with the stick connected and run the same commands

If doesnt work, exec:

su

logcat

And connect the stick, then post the text.

Corvus

Cool - booted with usb device connected and it mounts in /usbdisk. Any thought as to why it doesnt mount if inserted after booting?

PS - for this level of support you are definitely getting beer money from me :mellow:

Cheers

Guest the_corvus
Cool - booted with usb device connected and it mounts in /usbdisk. Any thought as to why it doesnt mount if inserted after booting?

PS - for this level of support you are definitely getting beer money from me :mellow:

Cheers

Thanks...

Vold is the daemon that mounts sdcard and sticks, and not always rescan the usb as should do.

Corvus.

Guest phoenix40uk
Thanks...

Vold is the daemon that mounts sdcard and sticks, and not always rescan the usb as should do.

Corvus.

Well - both NTFS and FAT32 are working - although cannot write to NTFS. do I need elevated permissions?

Guest the_corvus
Well - both NTFS and FAT32 are working - although cannot write to NTFS. do I need elevated permissions?

No, linux/android module has experimental writing ntfs and i dont want anywone losing files in vega, so no activated. Only read in ntfs.

Corvus.

Guest phoenix40uk
No, linux/android module has experimental writing ntfs and i dont want anywone losing files in vega, so no activated. Only read in ntfs.

Corvus.

Cheers mate. The moment I get home and out from behind our corporate firewall I'll make a donation. You've definitely earned it.

Guest AndyVega

Excellent work on the ROM, thanks Corvus!

I am having the same problem as phoenix, but the fixes above don't help. When I boot the Vega the light on my USB flash drive flickers at times, but once OS is running no sign of life or mounting. Drive works fine in a PC and is FAT32.

I never tried any drives on my Vega before I flashed it with corvus ROM, only survived 2 days on original ROM!