Motorola Atrix on Orange UK

Guest jrshodges

Guest jrshodges

Have just received my new Atrix on Orange and so far so good, I m coming from a HTC Desire so know Android very well as have been running custom ROMs etc for the last year.

So far have found a few niggles, which I am sure I will get used to, most being differences in the interface (MotoBlur instead of Sense).

As this phone is now on sale in the UK as well as the USA can we have a new forum created please???!!

Anyone else got the Atrix on Orange and want to post their thoughts below?

Also finally - it looks like there is no Orange customisation at all, I don't know if this is because it has only just been released and they haven't had time to fill it full of bloatware yet, either way I don't care as it is good news!!!!!

Edited by jrshodges

Guest mercury97
Have just received my new Atrix on Orange and so far so good, I m coming from a HTC Desire so know Android very well as have been running custom ROMs etc for the last year.

So far have found a few niggles, which I am sure I will get used to, most being differences in the interface (MotoBlur instead of Sense).

As this phone is now on sale in the UK as well as the USA can we have a new forum created please???!!

Anyone else got the Atrix on Orange and want to post their thoughts below?

Also finally - it looks like there is no Orange customisation at all, I don't know if this is because it has only just been released and they haven't had time to fill it full of bloatware yet, either way I don't care as it is good news!!!!!

Hey Fellow Atrix'er, Got mine yesterday too, so far so good... I've come from a Hero and had a ZTE blade/san francisco for the last few months that I've played with a lot of ROM's on... Would be great to see a specific forum for it here, Im sure its coming!

Not found anything too bad with motoblur yet, definitely different to sense but no better or worse so far.

There is quite a bit of stuff on xda about the Bell and AT&T US devices but would be good to have somewhere a bit closer to home :mellow:

Guest billd2439

Hey Folks, Ive been using the atrix on orange for nearly three months. I purchased the AT&T version from HongKong and with the exception of a few minor glitches it works really well. I did re-rom mine to gingerblur but went back to the genuine rom,rooted and with a few minor changes, such as the satnav and the web browser. One of the best smart phones I,ve ever had.(and i,ve had a few)

Guest joff01

I've only had mine for a few hours so still early days but I'm liking it so far.

I think it's got a lot of potential but is held back by the ROM. My previous handset was an Orange San Francisco and I'd got that pretty much spot on for how I use my phone, all I needed was a bit more hardware grunt.

I have to say I'm not really noticing much Moto Blur, maybe it's more dramatic if you're used to HTC Sense but it doesn't seem to be much different to vanilla Android.

The keyboard isn't as good as the HTC IME modded one normally bundled with custom ROMs, plus I can't seem to work out getting Facebook sync'd with my contacts yet.