HOW TO ERASE EVERYTHING AND DO NEW INSTALL

Guest rhadoo_7

Guest rhadoo_7

Good morning...I suppose

I AM A MORON, first of all

So, here's my story :

- I buy this unlocked brand new Dell Streak 5 from ebay

- After 3 days I have it in my hands, playing with it just like a kid does with his new toy (never had a smarthpone so this says it all)

- I manage to connect to Internet through wireless and after 5 mins a message appears saying ''A new update is available'' (or smth like that)

- It is the new Android 2.2.2 what I installed (wich made my streak sooooooooooooo sloooooooooow) :D

- What does the moron do? He decides to root his new toy even if he never did it before - stupid idea :D

- So now I'm stuck at the Dell Logo and praying for someone to enlighten me :mellow:

- What I want to do now is to erase EVERYTHING and to do a new clean install of a stable Android version (I read about 1.9 but it's up to you now)

Please help me! :o

Thank you!

Guest ramtix
Good morning...I suppose

I AM A MORON, first of all

So, here's my story :

- I buy this unlocked brand new Dell Streak 5 from ebay

- After 3 days I have it in my hands, playing with it just like a kid does with his new toy (never had a smarthpone so this says it all)

- I manage to connect to Internet through wireless and after 5 mins a message appears saying ''A new update is available'' (or smth like that)

- It is the new Android 2.2.2 what I installed (wich made my streak sooooooooooooo sloooooooooow) :D

- What does the moron do? He decides to root his new toy even if he never did it before - stupid idea :D

- So now I'm stuck at the Dell Logo and praying for someone to enlighten me :mellow:

- What I want to do now is to erase EVERYTHING and to do a new clean install of a stable Android version (I read about 1.9 but it's up to you now)

Please help me! :o

Thank you!

just do a factory reset dude.

Turn off your phone, Reboot holding the power on and volume up and down all at the same time.

Then choose the first option which is factory reset. That might do.

Now if you want to flash DJ-Steves 1.9.0 you have to fastboot to Streakmod recovery and flash the new ROM.

Im on 351..coming from 318..and have flashed 1.9.0 and cant be happier with my Streak. 1.9.0 is prerooted so you dont have to worry about rooting it anymore. Goodluck!

this link might help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=493

Edited by ramtix

Guest rhadoo_7
just do a factory reset dude.

Turn off your phone, Reboot holding the power on and volume up and down all at the same time.

Then choose the first option which is factory reset. That might do.

Now if you want to flash DJ-Steves 1.9.0 you have to fastboot to Streakmod recovery and flash the new ROM.

Im on 351..coming from 318..and have flashed 1.9.0 and cant be happier with my Streak. 1.9.0 is prerooted so you dont have to worry about rooting it anymore. Goodluck!

this link might help you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=493

Thanks man but...

...the problem is that I cannot even do the factory reset. And to turn it off from that Dell Logo where it gets blocked I have to take the battery out each time.

And the biggest problem I got is that all these terms are a bit new for me so I really need an expert's detailed help.

Is there anyone? I don't want to save anything at all, just want to do a full format and clean install :mellow: Please!

Thanks!

Edited by rhadoo_7

Guest ramtix
Thanks man but...

...the problem is that I cannot even do the factory reset. And to turn it off from that Dell Logo where it gets blocked I have to take the battery out each time.

And the biggest problem I got is that all these terms are a bit new for me so I really need an expert's detailed help.

Is there anyone? I don't want to save anything at all, just want to do a full format and clean install :mellow: Please!

Thanks!

Dude..did you press and hold the power on button and volume rockers all at the same time?

It doesnt have to go to Dell Logo..Dont take your fingers off until it flashes a white screen and show the options.

Guest rhadoo_7
Dude..did you press and hold the power on button and volume rockers all at the same time?

It doesnt have to go to Dell Logo..Dont take your fingers off until it flashes a white screen and show the options.

I have a problem with the software terms not with turning on and off my device...dude :mellow:

Guest Alperin.1
I have a problem with the software terms not with turning on and off my device...dude :mellow:

Dud,

If you do as you are told, ramtix knows his shiet, you will be able to do a factory reset.

So, power down and the while the Streak is comming back on, hold down both volume keys at one time. You will get a new menu. In this menu is the option to do the reset.

Now go forth and listen to ramtix.

Alperin1

Guest rhadoo_7
Dud,

If you do as you are told, ramtix knows his shiet, you will be able to do a factory reset.

So, power down and the while the Streak is comming back on, hold down both volume keys at one time. You will get a new menu. In this menu is the option to do the reset.

Now go forth and listen to ramtix.

Alperin1

Guys, I'm not jokin'...

I did the factory reset thing and still it gets stuck at Dell Logo.

I also copied different update.pkg versions (from 1.6 to 2.2.2) on the sd card and tried the update thing and still NOTHING

That's kids stuff to be honest.

I tried to find commands for the ''bios'' (hold CAMERA and press POWER BUTTON and you get a white screen with numbers and fast boot option on it) but I cannot find those commands (I tried the MS-DOS thing if you know what I mean) :mellow: :o

That's why I'm really stuck.

I need an experts opinion.

What I want is simply to erase everything (like you do with a HDD Format on MAC wich takes more than 24 hrs :D ) and copy a preerooted update like 1.9.0 on the sd card and after that to use that version (wich I heard is the most stable, you know, Paul's 1.9.0)

And I have no idea how to do that.

Please guys, one of you, give me a hand!

Thanks again for your replies!

Edited by rhadoo_7

Guest rhadoo_7
you may want to try Streak QDL tool, personally havent used it yet, but from what I have read, has saved quite a few bricks.

Thanks chrisrotolo, but I already started Techneut's way and I have already installed Clockwork Recovery.

Now I'm trying to find a stable OS in 'zip' format to install it.

Any ideas?

Thank you all again for your replies!

Edited by rhadoo_7

Guest rhadoo_7
Thanks chrisrotolo, but I already started Techneut's way and I have already installed Clockwork Recovery.

Now I'm trying to find a stable OS in 'zip' format to install it.

Any ideas?

Thank you all again for your replies!

I have to thank Techneut because he has been a great help.

Thank you all!

Guest Alperin.1

Ok, I think there may be a solution for you, if you can get to fastboot.

If you can go over to XDA, at this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1000455

figure out what flavor of the OS you want.

Once you know what version of the OS put it on your SD card.

Now use the program from the thread above and install the related recovery.

Once the recovery is on, then boot into the recovery and install the update package. Reboot and enjoy.

Also check out this thread:

http://forum.pocketables.net/showthread.php?t=9694

It will take some reading, but that is always the case.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...