Using HTC Desire on Orange for 3G signal

Guest dvdcompare

Guest dvdcompare

Has anyone successfully used the wi-fi hotspot on an HTC Desire on Orange and managed to get the Transformer to connect to it? My transformer sees it and successfully connects to it with a signal strength of "Excellent". However when you try to do any browsing or use the internet connection at all, nothing happens. It just says "Can't open webpage" as if there is no connection.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Guest dvdcompare
Has anyone successfully used the wi-fi hotspot on an HTC Desire on Orange and managed to get the Transformer to connect to it? My transformer sees it and successfully connects to it with a signal strength of "Excellent". However when you try to do any browsing or use the internet connection at all, nothing happens. It just says "Can't open webpage" as if there is no connection.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Scrap this. I think this will solve my problems: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/191435...ge-working.html so I will try it tonight!

Guest iamdarren

i use my desire on vodafone, but then i am using custom roms on that.

it does work fine though. i found when i had a desire on orange the speed was appauling, so i returned the contact phone ASAP. it just seems to be orange where i live and in the center of london.